Ecowater ERR3500 vs. Kinetico 4040

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 03:16 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Gary Slusser wrote:
Recall that online guys sell Autotrol, Clack and Fleck and you don't find that equipment sold in big box stores.

H2O_MAN wrote:
There is a good reason you don't find these items being sold in big box stores, they are incomplete.

Kevin, you know I meant softeners using those control valves but you're right about neither of them being mass marketed through big box stores.

H2O_MAN wrote:
EcoWater makes complete systems that are intended for end users. These are sold by dealers within EcoWater dealer network. You and I can't order these from a supply house for resale. EcoWater will not sell to us, they sell to EcoWater dealers only.

EcoWater does make lesser copies of the original to be sold in big box stores and one brand (NorthStar) is made for plumbing supply house sales.

You and I could possibly become NorthStar dealers - I hope that clears things up a bit.

Speaking of clearing things up Kevin. There's no way I can disagree with you about Ecowater when you're an Ecowater dealer. Let alone a PO Box location a few miles away to sell your Fleck SE from to Rainsoft customers and your atkenswater.com and h2o_man.us web sites for online sales. I suspect you used to be a local Rainsoft dealer until you left for Ecowater but... maybe I'm wrong and you're still a Rainsoft dealer.

BTW, I have never ordered any water treatment equipment from a supply house. I have bought from the softener manufacturer or the component part manufacturers' distributors. Like you do for your Fleck control valves, resin and tanks there along the creek road with the PO Box in W'ville. Or are you buying them for a supply house at a "contractor's" 20% off retail discount?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:19 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:

Speaking of clearing things up Kevin. There's no way I can disagree with you about Ecowater when you're an Ecowater dealer. Let alone a PO Box location a few miles away to sell your Fleck SE from to Rainsoft customers and your atkenswater.com and h2o_man.us web sites for online sales. I suspect you used to be a local Rainsoft dealer until you left for Ecowater but... maybe I'm wrong and you're still a Rainsoft dealer.

BTW, I have never ordered any water treatment equipment from a supply house. I have bought from the softener manufacturer or the component part manufacturers' distributors. Like you do for your Fleck control valves, resin and tanks there along the creek road with the PO Box in W'ville. Or are you buying them for a supply house at a "contractor's" 20% off retail discount?

Rolling Eyes I honestly think I'm more confused than you are and that amazes me.

I don't even know where to begin addressing your accusations and misconceptions.
You seem to be very interested in who I am and what I do, but you failed to read my introduction and my profile...
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:08 am
Ecowater says you're an Ecowater dealer.

They may not have read your Profile here or your posts here where you say you aren't an Ecowater dealer.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:32 am
Gary Slusser wrote:

You need to prove that statement or you need to leave this forum because your credibility here will be worthless if you don't.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:58 pm
Gary Slusser WROTE:
"BTW, I have never ordered any water treatment equipment from a supply house. I have bought from the softener manufacturer or the component part manufacturers' distributors. Like you do for your Fleck control valves, resin and tanks there along the creek road with the PO Box in W'ville. Or are you buying them for a supply house at a "contractor's" 20% off retail discount?"

Gary, I must be confused, too. I thought you ordered your equipment from Nelsen Corp., out of Ohio (AMONG OTHER PLACES), which is a major dealer outlet offering almost every brand of everything in the water treatment industry. And then it is drop-shipped to your customers wherever they may be.

I guess I read your statement wrong. Nelsen is neither a manufacturer or a component part manufacturer. It is simply a huge warehouse(s) and outlet for dealers to get parts at a wholesale price.
Andy Christensen
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:53 am
Andy CWS wrote:
Gary Slusser WROTE:
"BTW, I have never ordered any water treatment equipment from a supply house. I have bought from the softener manufacturer or the component part manufacturers' distributors. Like you do for your Fleck control valves, resin and tanks... Or are you buying them from a supply house at a "contractor's" 20% off retail discount?"

Andy CWS wrote:
Gary, I must be confused, too. I thought you ordered your equipment from Nelsen Corp., out of Ohio (AMONG OTHER PLACES), which is a major dealer outlet offering almost every brand of everything in the water treatment industry. And then it is drop-shipped to your customers wherever they may be.

Andy Christensen

That's true, along with others. My buying from multiple distributors gets me the lowest prices which are passed on to my customers and they get their equipment in the shortest length of time. The majority of online dealers don't have inventory costs etc. that increase the price to our customers. Freight also costs us less because the distributor controls that cost for us.

You go on about this as a negative but our customers laugh at you as they count their savings compared to what a local dealer would have to charge them for a softener etc..

Andy CWS wrote:
I guess I read your statement wrong. Nelsen is neither a manufacturer or a component part manufacturer. It is simply a huge warehouse(s) and outlet for dealers to get parts at a wholesale price.

Yes you read into my comments whatever you desire and then reply like this showing ignorance of the industry you are a small part of as a Kinetico salesman.

My suppliers are the manufacturer of complete units. As I was from 1987-2005 when I assembled all my own equipment, the same as Kinetico is a manufacturer of the softeners you sell. Isn't GM/Ford/Chrysler etc. the manufacturer of the car they assemble with component parts from other manufacturers from all over? If you still question that, you can look it up.

BTW, a "supply house" is a retailer of plumbing materials, some sell softeners and other water treatment equipment too, and they give their "contractor" plumbers or pump guys a discount off their retail price. I've never bought any water treatment from any of them. They couldn't compete price and service wise with my wholesale distributors.

Wholesale distributors are under contract from Autotrol, Clack, Fleck, Structural, Purolite etc. (the component manufacturers) to distribute their products and the wholesaler charges their dealers based on their (the dealer's) volume of purchases.

As a Kinetico salesman, you may not be privy to what your employer's (the dealer's) cost is. IOWs, you're always confused because you've never been a dealer and only see things from a salesman's point of view that is against online dealers. But really, other than me in trying to help you, who do you think cares if you're confused? I can only think of other local dealers that are upset with online dealers too. Like Kevin (h2o_man).

BTW Kevin, I'm working on the accuracy of what I was told about you being an Ecowater dealer. The problem is due to you wanting to be so 'anonymous' and all that installing and servicing Rain Soft and Ecowater softeners for years but not being a dealer. How do you install and service without being the company's dealer unless you are an employee of the dealer? Was it your relatives maybe? But I'll figure it out and let everyone know what I find out.; right or wrong.

I will say to others, I don't know if I would buy from someone with only a PO Box address and a business phone that tells you to buy one of the most expensive softeners on the market B U T says he is not a dealer!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 11:03 am
Gary Slusser wrote:

I will say to others, I don't know if I would buy from someone with only a PO Box address and a business phone
that tells you to buy one of the most expensive softeners on the market B U T says he is not a dealer!

You would rather folks do business with an anonymous online individual
in a glorified mobile trailer that does nothing more than drop-ship equipment... brilliant!

I realize you are confused: I have a PO Box so that I can receive mail and a business phone so that I can conduct business over the phone.

I do recommend EcoWater systems to homeowners that I think will be best served by their products.
I suggest they seek out a local EcoWater dealer to do business with.
Due to professional installations EcoWater systems may have a higher up front price, but in the long run, they cost much less than the low price -
high cost cheap equipment sold and shipped to homeowners by online vendors. BTW, the plaque on my wall says I'm a Velocity Pro Dealer.

Gary Slusser wrote:

You need to prove that statement or you need to leave this forum because your credibility here will be worthless if you don't.

Gary Slusser wrote:

BTW Kevin, I'm working on the accuracy of what I was told about you being an Ecowater dealer.

You are spreading falsehoods without confirming your information... brilliant!

Why don't you just visit my web site for the truth?
0 Replies

h799396

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 12:52 pm
Quote:

h799396

I assume your water is city water and that you are looking to remove the chlorine. Would that be right?

The Kinetico MACH 4040s OD would be a good choice. If you are not familiar with the technology, it is a non-electric, automatic alternating softener. This provides ceaseless water treatment even during regeneration.

The 4040 also uses four tank (2+2) with two tanks containing carbon for chlorine treatment and two tanks for softening. It is a very efficient unit and has one of the longest, most comprehensive warranties available.

It should cost you less than the Ecowater system and way less than the Rainsoft.

I can give you more detail on this if you'd like.

Andy Christensen, CWS

Andy,
What would be a fair price for the 4040 and an RO unit?

Thanks!
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 03:07 pm
Please contact me:
[email protected]

thanks
Andy
0 Replies

Acrossenger

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:50 pm
Ecowater ERR3500
Hello, H2O man. I live in the area that have water hardness of 35. It is very hard. I am thinking to get Ecowater ERR3000 or ERR3500. What is the difference between two? What is the reasonable price? Is this is a good unit that can take care that much hardness? Other softener seems to rate hardness capacity much higher at 42,000 at similar price compared to ERR3000 of 23,600. Is this right?

How about Culligan's Gold Series?

Thanks in advance.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 04:44 pm
Re: Ecowater ERR3500
Acrossenger wrote:
Hello, H2O man. I live in the area that have water hardness of 35. It is very hard. I am thinking to get Ecowater ERR3000 or ERR3500. What is the difference between two? What is the reasonable price? Is this is a good unit that can take care that much hardness? Other softener seems to rate hardness capacity much higher at 42,000 at similar price compared to ERR3000 of 23,600. Is this right?

How about Culligan's Gold Series?

Thanks in advance.

35 gpg is not real bad, but it is hard.
Ask your local EcoWater dealer about the ERR 3502R30.
This system offers higher capacity and flow rates and the most
efficient use of salt and water for regeneration on the market.

HTH ~
0 Replies

Acrossenger

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:27 am
H2O_MAN wrote:

HTH ~

Okay. How much should I expect to pay for ERR3502R30? Do know any other good softner I should check out or should I just fixed on this model?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:38 am
Acrossenger wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

HTH ~

Okay. How much should I expect to pay for ERR3502R30? Do know any other good softner I should check out or should I just fixed on this model?

Price is set by your local dealer and it is negotiable.

HTH ~
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:28 am
h20man sells Ecowater
Gary Slusser wrote:
BTW Kevin, I'm working on the accuracy of what I was told about you being an Ecowater dealer.

H2O_MAN wrote:
Why don't you just visit my web site for the truth?

I was just in both your sites, h2oman and athenswater (you own both), looking up something and I stumbled on this (click on the link, click on local sales and installation, then scroll down, click on Ecowater logo and it takes you to the next link below)... http://h2oman.us/

Or click on this link: http://www.athenswater.com/ECOWATER_SYSTEMS.htm

Like I said, it appears you're an ex Rainsoft dealer and now an Ecowater dealer selling an overpriced glorified Kenmore/GE/Whirlpool/mortonsalt.com etc. softener and here promoting but denying it.

It looks like the biggest difference, other than HIGH price, is the ceramic disc in the Ecowater. It might cost like an extra $30 yet you charge your customers thousands more! You ought to be ashamed of your self.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 12:38 pm
Are you stalking me? --- This is getting creepy, but thanks for posting links to my web site Cool
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 02:37 pm
H20man,

There was a reference to a ceramic disk being the biggest difference in your system and those sold in lesser quality units. Is there any truth in that?

The reason I ask is because the same claim was made about another product (which was completely untrue) and, it challenged my trust that that person didn't know what he was talking about in so many other facts when he clearly was wrong and yet made a very strong claim to the contrary notwithstanding.

Just curious as to which cermaic disk it was being referrd to.

Andy Christensen, CWS
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 03:44 pm
Andy CWS wrote:
H20man,

There was a reference to a ceramic disk being the biggest difference in your system and those sold in lesser quality units. Is there any truth in that?

Andy Christensen, CWS

My system?

The EcoWater system valve has Teflon coated discs.

EcoWater's ERO R35O system uses a chrome ceramic disc faucet.

At least that's what the brochures say, HTH ~
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 04:47 pm
Thanks, I just wanted to know some facts so that I wouldn't misquote or misrepresent a product. There is too much of that going around.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Andy
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:30 pm
Yes I see I must have had Andy or Kinetico's water powered wonder on my mind, it is a Teflon Disc Valve and not ceramic. A layer of Teflon is not worth $2500+ more than the same softener with a big box store brand name on it.

Andy and Kevin, if you guys told the truth we wouldn't have these situations. I.E. I don't recall who but someone said the Kinetico has popit valves, is that true Andy?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 05:11 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
A layer of Teflon is not worth $2500+ more than the same softener with a big box store brand name on it.

Are you selling the same softener with a big box store brand name on it now?

Having to install and service your own equipment is not worth the initial lower price.
0 Replies