Repudiating Republicanism...

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 03:27 pm
okie, When you stop making ridiculous statements, you might gain some credibility. Don't you wonder why your buddies on the conservative side doesn't agree with you on most of your posts - especially those that are challenged by the "liberals?" That should be a clue to anyone.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 03:37 pm
I understand why you think my statements are ridiculous, because they defy your preconceived bias, what you think you believe. Sorry to rock your boat, imposter.

Why don't you find 3 of what you would consider my most ridiculous statements, and let us see if we can understand why you think they are ridiculous. If I made a brash statement that I now think was ridiculous, I will admit it, if not, I will try to explain it to you so you will understand it.

Warning you though, I need to go and it may be tomorrow before I can respond.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 03:38 pm
mysterymeat wrote:
So,you would have no problem with me smoking some pot before I go to work,then immediately jump in my truck and haul poisonous chemicals thru your town while still stoned?
After all,I smoked pot at home on my own time.

I think you are smarter than what you wrote, but where ever in my remarks did you see me claim that I had no problem with impaired drivers?

You attempt to conflate my disdain for random drug tests with acquiescence to working drunk or stoned on the job has no legitimate basis from my remarks.

Rather, I see it as being no problem for me that you to stone out as you listen to an Andy Williams album singing "Try to Remember" from the Fantasticks after you've been

Quote:
whipped by rain driven by the snow
and been from Tucson to Tucancary Tahathapi to Tanapall
and driven every kind of rig that's ever been made
driving the back roads so you wouldn't get weighted

and as a truck driver you'd better know from where that line was snatched!

You see, while I suggest that people ought to be freely responsible for their own behavior, you want to restrict that behavior for "the good of society." So, the next time we speak about social regulations remember that. Because when I want to regulate a person's actions for "the good of society" and you counter-claim that it restricts freedom, I will bring this up.

This is where you and virtually every authoritarian split off from me. You folks don't seem to be able to see that if you follow through to the end of your logic it establishes the worst kind of oppressive society you could imagine, all for the "good of society."

And that's the charge leveled by your ilk at "Liberals" and Leftists."

Mysterymeat, you and okie don't understand that "Liberals" are not "Leftists" in any true sense. Frankly, Liberals detest Leftists because of the latter's rigid, doctrinaire philosophy and methods. Liberals fought hard, long, bitter and sometimes violent battles with organized Leftists all through the 1920-1940s in the trade unions, and they knew first-hand what Leftists were capable of doing if chance presented them with power and control. And Okie's blurring the line between the two is either the representation of a weak, uncultured mind or the successful result of brain washing... or a bit of both.

In fact, the greatest arguments against Leftists was from their own ranks, from those who moved away from theoretical rigidity and opened their eyes to what was happening, e.g., it was Max Schactman (Trotsky's friend and English translator) who called out that the Bolshevism of Russia and Communism of China under Mao were far worse than the capitalism of the West for the workers. So guess what? Schactman actually supported the war in Viet Nam because the workers would have been better off under capitalism than Vietnamese Communism

That is the "liberalism" of a John Kennedy or Bobbie Kennedy, or Scoop Jackson; strong on workers rights and strongly opposed to political systems where workers rights were abused.

btw, the whole neo-con movement has its roots in Schachtman and his own "Third Way' Movement circa 1945-55, where believe it or not, those arch conservatives Jeanne Kirkpatrick and Irving Kristol were Schactman protégés.

on Schactman and neo-cons

http://www.the7thfire.com/new_world_order/zionism/thinking_about_neoconservatism.htm

http://www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/leftwing.htm

And here is the main point, many "Leftists," like Schactman DID change their view after the rise of Stalin and Mao and admitted that the Communism practiced by the Russian Soviets and Chinese were far worse than Western style democracies for workers. Schactman's term was often quoted; "Communism in Russia and the Third World is not simply "deformed workers' states" (Trotsky's formulation) but "bureaucratic collectivism" or "state capitalism," the forced accumulation of capital for industrialization by a bureaucratic class."

He saw no different affect on the worker under the "bureaucratic collectivism" or "state capitalism," of Communism than the affect of the workers under Capitalism in Western-style Liberal Democracies, EXCEPT that in the latter cases, structures, viz., the "ballot box" were in place to change the condtions of the working class.

btw I am considered a Schactmanite by the hard Leftists I know.

and now you know why I, a real dyed in wool, old pot smoking, pro-gay marriage Liberal fu*king hates the Red Chinese government.

and make no mistake, those towel-headed Mid-Eastern Muslims who wipe their asses with their bare hands aren't the real problem for America, its the 1.5 billion gabbering Red Chinese Communists who are.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 03:49 pm
The most recent one:

#1: okie: I will try to make this simple. He who advocates more government bureaucracy to insure the things you harp about, also advocates a bureaucracy to do it, which requires money, and it creates bureaucrats that want to justify their budgets and their jobs. Thus, he who controls the purse strings controls the power. Thus more government control. The concept is very simple, imposter.

ci: Gee, if I'm not mistaken, the fraud charges in our government in recent times have been about 99 percent against conservatives. Amazing! A very simple fact missed by your brain - again.

#2: okie wrote: With all due respect, I see the biggest threat of fascism or totalitarianism residing in the left, cyclops.

old europe: Yes, that's very dangerous. And yes, the left does that. But so does the right. Like.... wiretapping phone calls in order to protect society from terrorism. Or locking people away without due process to protect society from terrorism. Or disappearing people in order to protect society from terrorism. Or doing racial profiling in order to protect society from terrorism. Or using extraordinary rendition in order to protect society from terrorism. Or using "stress and duress" interrogation techniques to protect society from terrorism.

#3: okie: Libs constantly complain about the government not being Robin Hood enough. What is so complicated about figuring it out, imposter, and you are always ragging on about that as well, the rich get richer and poor get poorer.

ci:
FYI, the rich is getting richer, and the poor is getting poorer. Where can you find where we have advocated for "equal economic outcome?" Simple question to a statement you made earlier on this thread. Now, prove it with as many copy and paste you wish to make.

come on, okie, put up or shut up.

Still waiting, okie.

If you want more examples, it's easy enough to dig up, but you'll have to respond to the above three first.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 04:46 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
okie, Your grandiose accusations about "leftists" is so inane and stupid, I'm not sure your brain is in forward gear. I don't know who "Chavez" is, and I've never watched or ever will Michael Moore's productions or interviews. Where do you dream up all these stupid statements you make up? You need a brain bath.

Your statement is a lie.

Not only do you know who Chavez is,you support him and actively believe his claims.
You are also a big fan of Michael Moore,and have financed him and his "movies".

Now,since you believe in the "guilty till proven innocent" theory of justice,its up to you to prove that I am wrong.

So,lets see you prove it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 04:51 pm
Your statement is a lie.

Not only do you know who Chavez is,you support him and actively believe his claims.

Now,since you believe in the "guilty till proven innocent" theory of justice,its up to you to prove that I am wrong.

Prove any one charge you made against me with irrefutable evidence.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 04:55 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your statement is a lie.

Prove any one charge you made against me with irrefutable evidence.

I dont have to prove it.
You are the one that siad "guilty till proven innocent" when no criminal charges are filed,so lets use your own beliefs against you.

You are guilty till PROVEN innocent.
Its up to you to prove your innocence.

Here are your words..."Some people are so ignorant as to think/believe just because they are not charged with crimes, they are innocent"

So,its up to prove your innocence,not mine.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 06:58 pm
okie wrote:
imposter, I am challenged on A2K for one simple reason, and that is the participants lean toward the liberal and Democratic Party philosophy.

No, those liberals tend to be more versed, and with this apply their knowledge in ways far more sophisticated than you do when addressing topics. Most probably aren't a lick smarter than you, others actually do combine native intelligence with knowledge when wrecking your ill-conceived and poorly documented theses with an amalgum of insight and data. btw My own 76 year old father never got out of the ninth grade and he is still smarter, more sophisicated than any, any of the Brainiac Ph D's with whom I work with daily, so "book knowledge" ain't the point here.

Context is everything, and lacking basic cultural and historical knowlege places you at a disadvantage, not unlike what the Confederates faced with Hancock taking the high ground at Gettysburg on Day One of the battle.

..... Do you understand that? How possession of knowlege unfolds the meaning of the metaphor?

Beyond basic correspondence, "this-means-that" type communication people speak metaphorically to communicate. To do so demands that the metaphors be known and their impact registered on the psyche.

You can't do it, because you don't understand the basis of the metaphorical language.

Its not that you're stupid, although you might be; its just that you either don't have the mental capabilities to think clearly or are devoid of having the data to process to make a competent judgement on most matters.

Frankly, as in an "Anne Frank" kind of conception of humanity, I think it is simply lack of knowledge.

Which is why I engage you and don't just stand off in a corner pointing to you and laughing.

I am a conservative, so I expect to be challenged.

Really? Now as a Conservative, one who is standing with "status quo," why are your opinions facing greater "challenge" than "unconventional" and new ideas? Likely anything new would be the subject of intense scrutiny, not "same-old-same-old."

After all, your side rests on age old "truisms." So why are you being challenged? .. could it be that as more knowledge arrives better accessments of the facts are necessary?

Hopefully, you see the value of opinions other than your own,

But, Okie, they have to be INFORMED opinions, your's aren't

.....and hopefully recognize that America is made up of some people that still think this is a wonderful and free country to live and work.

Yes, so do I, but can you get it through your skull that others think like William Bradford did in 1623, that it can be so much more and be that shining city on a hill and light humanity?

I am seeking to provide some balance to the people here that constantly whine and complain about virtually everything, from the economy to the rich and poor, to everything else.

Thanks, but no thanks for your missionary work amongst us heathens. But seriously, you can only provide balance to people who are knowlegable about the past and present by being so yourself.

You aren't.

So you are not.

And your attempt to "Babbitize" A2K by demanding that others "Boost, not Knock," demands the same raspberry.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:09 pm
Okie seems a missionary sent out to civilize the savages as if the savages weren't dangerous enough already. I'm thinking that okie got in in line behind Custer and repeated Custer's last words "Take no prisoners."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:20 pm
I tire of your no logic arguments.

mm: I dont have to prove it.
You are the one that siad "guilty till proven innocent" when no criminal charges are filed, so lets use your own beliefs against you.

Show me where I said this?

If have to prove the first charge against me before you can follow up with some ridiculous follow-through statements.

Here are your words..."Some people are so ignorant as to think/believe just because they are not charged with crimes, they are innocent"

This happens to be true. I was speaking specifically about your statement: He is President,and your not.
That alone is a big positive.

Also what crimes has he been charged with or convicted of? Not your wild speculations,but what exact crimes, in what court?

I don't have to prove my innocence. I never started an illegal war and killed thousands of innocent people.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:25 pm
Former Powell aide says Bush, Cheney guilty of 'high crimes'
05/10/2007 @ 12:55 pm
Filed by Nick Juliano

A former top State Department aide to Colin Powell said today that President Bush and Vice President Cheney are more deserving of impeachment than was Bill Clinton.

Advertisement
Lawrence Wilkerson, who was chief of staff to then-Secretary of State Colin Powell, said on the public radio program On Point Thursday that "Bill Clinton's peccadilloes ... pale in significance" when compared to the "high crimes and misdemeanors" of Bush and Cheney.

Wilkerson did not directly call on Congress to begin impeachment hearings, and he brought up impeachment in response to a caller's question. Early in the show, however, he observed, "This administration doesn't know how to effect accountability, in my opinion."

Wilkerson's comments were first reported by pro-impeachment Web site AfterDowningStreet.org.

"The language in [the Constitution] about impeachment is nice and precise -- it's high crimes and misdemeanors," he said. "You compare Bill Clinton's peccadilloes for which he was impeached to George Bush's high crimes and misdemeanors or Dick Cheney's high crimes and misdemeanors, and I think they pale in significance."

Taking a historical view of impeachment, Wilkerson said he believed the Founding Fathers would be surprised that more presidents had not been impeached.

"I do believe that they would have thought had they been asked by you or whomever at the time of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia 'Do you think this will be exercised?' they would have said 'Of course it will, every generation they'll have to throw some bastard out.'"Wilkerson said. "That's a form of accountability too. It's ultimate accountability."

Asked about the high crimes of the current administration, Wilkerson said the American public was duped into supporting a war in Iraq.

"I think we went into this war for specious reasons," he said. "I think we went into this war not too much unlike the way we went into the Spanish American War with the Hearst press essentially goading the American people and the leadership into war. That was a different time in a different culture, in a different America. We're in a very different place today and I think we essentially got goaded into the war through some of the same means."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:28 pm
Charges Against Rumsfeld And Others
In German Court

By Michael Ratner

29 November, 2006
Revolution

On November 14, the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR), the International Federation for Human Rights, Germany's Republican Attorneys' Association, and other groups and individuals filed a formal complaint with the German Federal Prosecutor to open an investigation and, ultimately, a criminal prosecution of former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other major U.S. officials. The complaint argues that Rumsfeld and other high-ranking civilian and military officials named as defendants in the case have committed war crimes, and in particular torture, against prisoners in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Guantánamo Bay. Following is an interview Revolution did with Michael Ratner, president of the CCR, who was among those in Germany on November 14 to file the complaint.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:30 pm
Beyond Censure: The Case for Impeachment!
Congress must go beyond censure and consider impeachment.

Recent calls for a censure resolution show that some senators finally realize that President Bush is out of control. But a censure resolution will not: Remove a single wiretap from American phones; End the Iraq War; Halt U.S. Torture; or stop President Bush's reckless abuse of power.

The Center for Constitutional Rights new book, Articles of Impeachment Against George W. Bush, makes the case for impeaching President Bush for illegally spying on U.S. citizens, lying to the American people about the Iraq war, seizing undue executive power, and sending people to be tortured overseas. We need your help to grow this movement.

Join CCR and a growing number of U.S. Representatives in calling for a select committee to investigate the possibility of impeachment by
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:36 pm
No matter how much of a search I do on "cicerone imposter crimes" charged, nothing comes up. You should try the same with "bush crimes." You can help us post the more meaty ones for us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 07:38 pm
On "bush crimes," Google shows 9,900,000 hits.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:04 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I tire of your no logic arguments.

mm: I dont have to prove it.
You are the one that siad "guilty till proven innocent" when no criminal charges are filed, so lets use your own beliefs against you.

Show me where I said this?

If have to prove the first charge against me before you can follow up with some ridiculous follow-through statements.

This happens to be true. I was speaking specifically about your statement: He is President,and your not.
That alone is a big positive.

Also what crimes has he been charged with or convicted of? Not your wild speculations,but what exact crimes, in what court?

I don't have to prove my innocence. I never started an illegal war and killed thousands of innocent people.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:12 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
On "bush crimes," Google shows 9,900,000 hits.

You've probably posted a million of them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:14 pm
okie, Is that the very best you can do? You're one sorry ignoramus!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 08:50 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
The most recent one:

#1: okie: I will try to make this simple. He who advocates more government bureaucracy to insure the things you harp about, also advocates a bureaucracy to do it, which requires money, and it creates bureaucrats that want to justify their budgets and their jobs. Thus, he who controls the purse strings controls the power. Thus more government control. The concept is very simple, imposter.

ci: Gee, if I'm not mistaken, the fraud charges in our government in recent times have been about 99 percent against conservatives. Amazing! A very simple fact missed by your brain - again.

Before trying to explain this very simple concept, imposter, what in the world does fraud have to do with my assertion that more bureaucracy means more government control? You say my assertion is a ridiculous statement, and to rebut it, you use the subject of fraud. Your rebuttal strikes me as totally ridiculous and unhinged from the topic. Please clarify why you think more bureaucracy does not add more government control, but try to stay on point. The subject was not fraud.

Quote:

#2: okie wrote: With all due respect, I see the biggest threat of fascism or totalitarianism residing in the left, cyclops.

old europe: Yes, that's very dangerous. And yes, the left does that. But so does the right. Like.... wiretapping phone calls in order to protect society from terrorism. Or locking people away without due process to protect society from terrorism. Or disappearing people in order to protect society from terrorism. Or doing racial profiling in order to protect society from terrorism. Or using extraordinary rendition in order to protect society from terrorism. Or using "stress and duress" interrogation techniques to protect society from terrorism.

Here again, you use wiretapping as evidence, holding terrorist suspects, disappearing people (which I don't know what you are referring to), racial profiling, and using interrogation techniques on terrorist suspects. Before trying to explain this to you, none of what you have mentioned is unique to Republicans or conservatives, so you need to cite different examples. I have pointed out numerous times that what FDR did in WWII to supposedly protect the country from Japanese Americans far surpasses any measures that the Bush administration has done. Non-citizen enemy combatants fall into a black hole in terms of previous experience with what laws apply. They do not deserve the rights as full citizens of the country, plain and simple. You can repeat the leftist mantra all day long, but it does not change the law, imposter.

Among the reasons I fear leftists far more than a conservative politician is the fact that leftists want to water down the rights of individuals in order to promote groups. The good of the whole is the aim of leftists. They don't much care about individual rights. You holler about wiretapping of suspected communications with foreign terrorists, but you ignore that the president has a limited power to do this in order to protect the country. There are historical examples in time of war that far surpasses what George Bush has done. In contrast, leftists are willing to take away your rights and mine for all kinds of issues, from economic to environmental, to whatever. They would like to shut up talk radio if they could because they don't like the freedom of expression that opposes them. Al Gore wants to shut up the opposition to his stupid global warming crusade. This is a far different and much larger threat than a limited amount of simply monitoring possible terrorist communications. Monitoring is far more benign, and for the correct constitutional reasons. Trying to hush up the political opposition is far more dangerous and unconstitutional, in my opinion.

Quote:
#3: okie: Libs constantly complain about the government not being Robin Hood enough. What is so complicated about figuring it out, imposter, and you are always ragging on about that as well, the rich get richer and poor get poorer.

ci:
FYI, the rich is getting richer, and the poor is getting poorer. Where can you find where we have advocated for "equal economic outcome?" Simple question to a statement you made earlier on this thread. Now, prove it with as many copy and paste you wish to make.

come on, okie, put up or shut up.

Still waiting, okie.

If you want more examples, it's easy enough to dig up, but you'll have to respond to the above three first.

Taxing the rich more and more severely and giving to the poor is an attempt to make the outcomes more equal, or closer to equal. This is only one of many examples. And here we get into the progressive / regressive argument again. But if you wanted to treat every American equally, you would tax every person's income at the same rate.

But more obvious is the overall picture that leftists disdain corporations and private business and they don't much like the free market. Example, if gasoline prices are high, they accuse the companies of fraud or collusion, but the government is never accused of fraud. The implication is that the government could do it better because bureaucrats are more fair. I don't buy any of it, imposter.

Your argument of whether the poor is getting poorer or the rich getting richer has nothing to do with the point I made. I simply said leftists want equal outcomes. Nothing ridiculous about that statement, as anyone should know that to be true.

None of my 3 statements you picked are ridiculous at all. They are all true, with good evidence to back them up.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 05:43 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Former Powell aide says Bush, Cheney guilty of 'high crimes'
05/10/2007 @ 12:55 pm
Filed by Nick Juliano

A former top State Department aide to Colin Powell said today that President Bush and Vice President Cheney are more deserving of impeachment than was Bill Clinton.

http://www.antiquark.com/entropyzone/wallpaper/no_bullshit.jpg
0 Replies