I wish I Could Believe This

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 11:50 am
but I don't I don't believe anything bush says... I think he'll tell any lie or put forth any story to continue the war.

It's really sad that I feel this way... I never felt this way before about any American president, even Nixon. Shame on you bush.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PA6LM80&show_article=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 377 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:07 pm
Pathetic desparation tactics, and nothing more. Lest we forget the unbelievable amount of lies he shoved up America's arse.

The lower his poll numbers go, the more he'll drag the GOP under that bus.

Anyone remember the BS story from this administration that Iraqi operatives could attack the U.S. in 45 minutes with their deadly drone planes?

http://www.differentstrings.info/images/drone.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:14 pm
I believe it's probably true. Why wouldn't Bin Laden want to get involved in killing Americans in Iraq?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:16 pm
why are we only just hearing about it?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:17 pm
Because Bush is desperately trying to show that he's not a complete incompetent?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:19 pm
there's an exercise in futility...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:24 pm
well okay then

Quote:
Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore. And if we -- excuse me for a minute -- and if we find a training camp, we'll take care of it. Either we will or our friends will. That's one of the things -- part of the new phase that's becoming apparent to the American people is that we're working closely with other governments to deny sanctuary, or training, or a place to hide, or a place to raise money.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020313-8.html
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:26 pm
ehBeth wrote:
well okay then

Quote:
Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore. And if we -- excuse me for a minute -- and if we find a training camp, we'll take care of it. Either we will or our friends will. That's one of the things -- part of the new phase that's becoming apparent to the American people is that we're working closely with other governments to deny sanctuary, or training, or a place to hide, or a place to raise money.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020313-8.html

this guy is so full of **** it boggles the mind....
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:27 pm
kickycan wrote:
I believe it's probably true. Why wouldn't Bin Laden want to get involved in killing Americans in Iraq?

Um, this is a hard one, let me think...:

Maybe, because he is dead? Laughing

Quote:
Translation of Funeral Article in Egyptian Paper:
al-Wafd, Wednesday, December 26, 2001 Vol 15 No 4633

News of Bin Laden's Death
and Funeral 10 days ago

Islamabad -
A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement announced yesterday the death of Osama bin Laden, the chief of al-Qa'da organization, stating that binLaden suffered serious complications in the lungs and died a natural and quiet death. The official, who asked to remain anonymous, stated to The Observer of Pakistan that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial in Tora Bora 10 days ago. He mentioned that 30 of al-Qa'da fighters attended the burial as well as members of his family and some friends from the Taleban. In the farewell ceremony to his final rest guns were fired in the air. The official stated that it is difficult to pinpoint the burial location of bin Laden because according to the Wahhabi tradition no mark is left by the grave. He stressed that it is unlikely that the American forces would ever uncover any traces of bin Laden.

source
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:30 pm
i wonder if it has ever even occurred to ol' numbnuts that had he kept his eye on the ball in afghanistan and actually pursued and caught bin laden where he was known to be, that obl would not have been around to get involved in iraq.

i'm sorry.. dubya just doesn't have the sense god gave a gopher. Laughing
0 Replies