Why GOP are working so hard to keep Ron Paul down

Zippo

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 04:04 pm
FLASHBACK: JDL Targets Ron Paul And Other 'Israel Haters'

Maybe this is why the media and the GOP are working so hard to keep Ron Paul down?

FLASHBACK: The Israel Resolution by Ron Paul

Maybe this is why the media and the GOP are working so hard to keep Ron Paul down?

FLASHBACK: Ron Paul Sees Israel As A Major Factor In The War With Islam

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 838 • Replies: 13
No top replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 06:53 am
Because he is a buffoon?

Or because he properly hates "da jooos" like some on these here talkin windows..... Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 06:59 am
most likely because he actually believes in smaller government with less pork and republicans hate the idea of less government (note the past 6 years).
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 07:05 am
dyslexia wrote:
most likely because he actually believes in smaller government with less pork and republicans hate the idea of less government (note the past 6 years).

He has great Libertarian positions on most things. I like it. However he wants to take us back to 1900 isolationism in this global world:

Quote:
REP. RON PAUL, R-TEXAS, GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: They attack us because we've been over there, we've been bombing Iraq for 10 years. We've been in the Middle East. I think Reagan was right. We don't understand the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics.

RUDY GIULIANI, GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: That's an extraordinary statement of someone who lived through the attack of Sept. 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don't think I've ever heard that before and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for Sept. 11.

(APPLAUSE)

I would ask the congressman to withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn't really mean that.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 11:43 am
Re: Why GOP are working so hard to keep Ron Paul down
Zippo wrote:
FLASHBACK: JDL Targets Ron Paul And Other 'Israel Haters'

FLASHBACK: The Israel Resolution by Ron Paul

FLASHBACK: Ron Paul Sees Israel As A Major Factor In The War With Islam

Ron Paul has given new meaning to the word "blowback." Unfortunately, the neanderthals who were in the audience at the GOP debate where Ron pointed this out didn't get it.

Talk about blowback; speak the truth at the GOP debates, and those who refuse to accept it come down hard on him.

dyslexia wrote:

No doubt. To a Republican these days, less government would equate to putting alot more Americans out on the street to fend for themselves rather than dismantle their unconstitutional institutions which promote torture, domestic spying and pre-emptive invasions of countries that do not pose a threat to us.

Giuliani is an idiot. He doesn't get it nor can he think on mutliple levels, just like those he's pandering to. Republicans are scared to death to actually speak to the truth that Ron Paul so bravely espoused at the last debates.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 12:03 pm
Why would you want someone like this running the country? I mean, gee whiz

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul's Record
He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 01:03 pm
Perhaps he should run as an independent or democrat. I am sure either group wouold be proud to have him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 01:08 pm
since he voted against an expensive war the slaughter of thousands and a complete waste of an entire sovereign country I'm sure that causes you to lose your wood,, so I understand how youwouldn't like him.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 06:49 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
since he voted against an expensive war the slaughter of thousands and a complete waste of an entire sovereign country I'm sure that causes you to lose your wood,, so I understand how youwouldn't like him.

Bagdad bob is that you? Hussein would be proud. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

suka75038

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 12:42 am
reverend hellh0und wrote:
He has great Libertarian positions on most things. I like it. However he wants to take us back to 1900 isolationism in this global world.

Isolationism and non-intervention are not the same.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 12:53 am
"The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state. "

-Ron Paul
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 02:19 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brief Overview of Congressman Paul's Record

Awful. Just awful! Especially ...

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress

Who does this man think he is -- a representative of his voters?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 09:30 am
I like this guy.

Republican?!?!?!?!.......... Great!!
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:55 am
Amigo wrote:
I like this guy.

Republican?!?!?!?!.......... Great!!

agreed! (Howdy! Amigo, nice to see you back. Smile )

Quote:
Ron Paul: U.S. In "Great Danger" Of Staged Terror

Presidential candidate Ron Paul says the U.S. is in "great danger" of a staged terror attack or a Gulf of Tonkin style provocation while also warning that a major collapse of the American economy is on the horizon and could be precipitated by the bombing of Iran and the closure of the Persian Gulf...

Source

Nothing is more dangerous than a wounded and cornered animal, , which is precisely the way this administration is behaving, both in terms of domestic and foreign policy.

Iran just made it that much harder for administration officials to trump up reasons for invading by announcing cooperation with the IAEA for inspection of their nuclear plants.

The Iraq war is an absolute and complete catastrophe.

So what do we hear current and former government officials doing? Ratcheting up the "fear factor", from Santorum's remarks last week to Chertoff's "gut feeling" that the US is going to be attacked in some manner.

Ron Paul appears to be correct in his assessment that the US is, in fact, being set up from some kind of staged event.
0 Replies