Nutella/ It's Taking Over My Life

Montana

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 07:41 am
Snood, I'll send you my address so you can just get rid of it once and for all by sending it along to me :-D

Last night I made myself a sirloin steak with a sweet potato, orange slices and 3 big strawberries with a bit of nutella on each one.

Yummy!!! :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 08:29 am
I find that the more beleaguered and beset I am the more I am susceptable to the lure of Nutella.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 09:41 pm
I cut out 100 calories a day by switch from regular milk to skim milk, just so I can have my tablespoon of heaven every single day Cool

I knew I'd find a way Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 06:17 am

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/Nutella.jpg
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 10:59 am
@Region Philbis,
Even better!!

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web02/2010/9/30/20/enhanced-buzz-2086-1285894567-3.jpg
mismi

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 11:05 am
@CalamityJane,
I had never had Nutella until this summer. A friend would keep the boys once a week for us and she would give G a choice for lunch. A Nutella sandwich or ham or whatever...he always chose Nutella. So - now - he loves it. As do I. Good stuff...a marshmallow dredged in it makes me tingle. No lie.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 11:09 am
@mismi,
It definitely is a life saver on PMS days Wink
mismi

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
or days I am overwhelmed...I can take a marshmallow dip it in the Nutella and I am worry free for about 10 seconds. But wow...those 10 seconds are amazing.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:08 pm
@Phoenix32890,
My introduction to Nutella came from a friend (or was he really a friend considering the outcome).

For a few years he'd talk about Nutella and how he had a couple of spoonfuls of it. It didn't impress me. Even the lure of chocolate wasn't going to get me near it. Then one day, I bought the small 13 ounce jar. It was okay; but, I didn't think I'd want to ever get it again. Then I bought another jar.

Soon I had advanced to the 26 ounce jar. Night would come and I'd be bored and wanting a little something to eat. At first I was good with it. Just a little of it. Then one evening, I knew the trash had to put out and it was recycle day. I grabbed a spoon and 'forced' myself through a half jar. It was then that the addiction was realized. However, I look at it's nutritional value so it makes it all okay.

Now there's a challenge. It's come to my attention that Nutella sells a delightful 11 pound container which has a nice handle to carry it about.

http://nicoleindeutschland.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/5kg-of-nutella.jpg

Due to excellent planning I recently acquired a new cooking spoon so I'll be able to get to the bottom of the container with ease.

Or maybe I'll just start sticking my hand in and go with it that way.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:17 pm
@Sturgis,
5 kilograms of Nutella

<thud>
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:18 pm
I love Nutella, but let's not kid ourselves, here. There's a LOT of sugar in that product.

I wish they made a semi- or bitter-sweet version. I would eat it with half the sugar they put in.

Cycloptichorn
Irishk

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm a fan, too, but that commercial with the mom serving it on toast to her kids for a 'nutritious breakfast' always makes me laugh. Smile
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:37 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

I'm a fan, too, but that commercial with the mom serving it on toast to her kids for a 'nutritious breakfast' always makes me laugh. Smile

Yah, they sometimes take heat over that. But there is a pretty good argument for it - if there's one time of day when it's cool to eat sugar, it's for breakfast, as you burn off far more of it during the course of the day than if you eat, say, spoonfuls of Nutella for dessert, as I've been known to do.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I just saw a recipe for home-made Nutella somewhere -- let me find it. If you do that, you can just reduce the amount of sugar you put in.

Hmm, I *think* it's this one but I'm not sure.

http://pinterest.com/pin/165155511304935510/

At any rate, I found all kinds of recipes when I was trying to find that back, so you could probably research and come up with something.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:42 pm
@sozobe,
Of course, it was on pinterest, what isn't?

My freezer-slow cooker meals that I found from there have revolutionized my life. We spend 30% less on food now and do much less cooking in the evenings. I highly recommend it.

Cycloptichorn
sozobe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well I saw it on Facebook (one of those people who have connected their Facebook and Pinterest accounts), but yeah.

I need to get a slow cooker. (Don't have one.)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:52 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Well I saw it on Facebook (one of those people who have connected their Facebook and Pinterest accounts), but yeah.

I need to get a slow cooker. (Don't have one.)

OMG SOZ. oh em gee. I cannot state strongly enough how much time and money this device has saved my family. And when you come home from work or whatever, and the house smells absolutely fantastic, and you know that you have no cooking to do for dinner at all? It's the best.

Cycloptichorn
sozobe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:56 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I work from home though!

I do slow-cooking type stuff without a slow cooker -- made corned beef brisket over a few hours on Saturday, it was yummy. The whole "making the house smell good" thing works better in the winter than when it's 80 out, I've found. (YES it's mid-March and YES I live in Ohio and YES it's been 80's, totally insane.)

Anyway, I won't really argue. Need a slow cooker.
Irishk

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:56 pm
@sozobe,
I made a low-carb version once. Used a zero-carb, plant-based sweetener (Stevia), which Mr.Irish liked a lot (he's sort of anti-sugar). As I recall, the biggest hurdle was getting the homemade version as smooth and creamy as the commercial product. In the end, it was a lot of work (the way I did it lol).
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 02:46 pm
@sozobe,
wow, that seems simple enough to make - never had homemade Nutella,
but I think I'll try that.
0 Replies