Nutella/ It's Taking Over My Life

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:11 am
dagmaraka wrote:
i'm having nutella right now.

That would have been ... Nutella hazelnootpasta ...

dagmaraka wrote:
All gone.

Here's some more (20 g = 0.7 oz):

http://i15.tinypic.com/4yff34j.jpghttp://i15.tinypic.com/4yff34j.jpghttp://i15.tinypic.com/4yff34j.jpg

Btw: Having breakfast at close to 3pm .... you went to bed late (or early), it seems :wink:
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:16 am
since so many are raving about NUTELLA , i'm sure its't an unhealthy food !
branflakes with skim-milk is what you need ! Evil or Very Mad
hbg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:23 am
I was really hoping someone might take a stab at answering my formulation question.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:34 am
cj wrote :

Quote:
We love Nutella too, but why is it made in different formulations in different locations? The stuff I get at Costco is made in Canada and contains palm kernel oil (bad). The stuff I get at the local grocer is made in USA with soybeal oil. I'm sure the "real" stuff from Europe is completely different. Why?

manufacturers of ANY GOODS usually try to spend as little money as possibble to produce their goods . different government (health) regulations also come into play - nothing unusual about that , really .

another example is NIVEA skincream : produced originally in germany , but now also in USA , mexico , thailand ... and all slightly different .
(just don't substitute the NIVEA for NUTELLA on your toast - won't do a thing for your complexion !).
hbg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:40 am
For instance, there're different food laws in Europe. Thus, we don't have trans fat acids and no hydrogenated oils/fats ...

(USDA allows manufacturers to round down 0.49 or less grams of trans fat per serving to zero. That's why U.S. Nutella can list zero grams even though the ingredients include partially-hydrogenated peanut oil.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:52 am
OK, that makes sense, but why mess with a perfectly good formula? Do they make Coke differently in different places?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:23 am
Why is palm oil bad?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:25 am
dagmaraka wrote:
i'm having nutella right now. At the hotel I'm stayin in (in Amsterdam), they have little plastic jars. I took two yesterday, three today... All gone.

Oh, the calories Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:34 am
cjhsa wrote:
OK, that makes sense, but why mess with a perfectly good formula? Do they make Coke differently in different places?

most likely.

Set's often posted about the different ingredient list for Dr. Pepper made in Canada, v the Dr. Pepper made in the U.S. The Canajun one has an ingredient in common with anti-freeze Shocked

~~~

I know that the Mexican Coca-Cola is still made with 'real' sugar vs the American and Canadian formulations (the food board I hang out at has discussed it a number of times). There are some small Mexican green-grocers here where you can get the good, original Coca-Cola formulation - tastes much better.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:45 am
I never realized that the ingredients varied between countries.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:49 am
Montana wrote:
Why is palm oil bad?

High in saturated fats.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:54 am
In Europe, you get two Nutella-version: one for the northern countries - the (original) German version, more cacao and not so sweet, and the southern version, sweeter and more nutty.

Btw: in German, Nutella doesn't have an article, so it's unclear wich gender it is :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:59 am
And this applies as well to the other widely used "tropical oil": coconut oil. Being high in saturated fats they both raise our cholesterol, even though they contain no cholesteral themselves (that's a monopoly of animal products).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:09 pm
Interesting! The one that I bought and is haunting me is sweet and extremely yummy.

Since 100 calories, loaded with saturated fat is not on my diet of things I allow myself to eat often, but I do keep a few things around for the times I feel the need to be bad Twisted Evil
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 01:37 pm
Yes, as you should.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 09:03 am
And I do Cool
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 07:46 am
Searching something for another thread (German 'b' and '' became 'p' and 'P' in America) I found this:

http://i11.tinypic.com/4miq7g1.jpg

Chicago!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 08:00 am
I think Walter likes it here :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 09:30 am
Read this thread about a month ago. Bought some Nutella to try it. It's still sitting in the cabinet with about a tablespoonful missing. I really don't get the Nutella thing...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 10:29 am
[size=7]I don't either, snood[/size]
0 Replies