Nutella/ It's Taking Over My Life

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 12:39 pm
For years, on Abuzz, and then A2K, I have been hearing of the wonders of Nutella. At first I had never heard of it. A few years ago, my supermarket started carrying huge jars of the stuff.

I once took a peek at the label, and it said something about ground hazelnuts. So I figured that Nutella was something like peanut butter, just made with another kind of nut.

But I kept my control, and left the jar on the shelf. In my heart I just knew that there was something devilish about that concoction.

Today was the beginning of the end. I was in a store, and saw a reasonably sized jar of Nutella. I figured, "What the hell, maybe I will give it a try", and I BOUGHT IT!

Well..........................I was never so surprised in my entire life. I smeared a little on a piece of pumpernickel, and took a bite. What bliss, what heaven. That stuff is what dreams are made of, as well as huge waistlines.

That little jar is sitting in my pantry, and I swear, I can hear it calling out to me. To throw it out would be absolute sacrilege, but to keep it there may be a portent of disaster.

Do you use Nutella? Are you able to control yourself? If you couldn't have any more, would you have serious withdrawal pangs? Please help!!!!

Montana

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 12:41 pm
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have to try it now and I know damn well I'm going to regret it!

Thanks Phoenix Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 12:42 pm
Montana- Maybe we can start a "Nutella Anonymous" thread! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 12:44 pm
If it's as good as you say, I may need it Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 12:46 pm
Nice with a good vanilla ice cream...

and as abuzzers and a2kers have averred, with other things.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:27 pm
I have an open jar of Nutella and a backup jar of Nutella.

On my good days, I can ignore my Nutella stash.

On my bad days, I use a spoon--only a teaspoon, mind and I cap the jar and put it away before I stuff my face.

Even unto the third and fourth helping I always use a clean teaspoon.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:31 pm
I used to eat Nutella with a teaspoon - frankly the only way to go -
but the American version tastes somewhat different and I weaned
myself off that one alltogether.

Yet, it's still the only cure for PMS. Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:37 pm
My kid made a banan, nutela and Hersyebra sammich on our good panini machine. Very god but I scared my kid out of more of tyhat by showing him pictures of the fat people on his mothers side of the family.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:39 pm
HELP !
i left germany 50 years ago to escape nutella ... and here i am being confronted by it right on a2k Shocked HELP !
if i have any nightmares i'll blame you lot for it !
hbg

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11430859/Nutella_400gr_And_700gr.jpg

it is approved by "AKADEMIE DER KUENSTE" for surrealistic paintings Very Happy

http://www.gigipadovani.it/1/IMAGE/Action%20Painting%203%20-%20nutella%20ok.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:41 pm
Never having tried crack cocaine, I would expect that Nutella has the exact same effect.............instant addiction!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:51 pm
phoenix :
have you had the urge for making surrealistic paintings yet ?
just wait - it's going to sneak up on you ... and suddenly ... the nutella will be all over the place ... i mean walls .
hbg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:57 pm
I'm reporting this thread as SPAM for Nutella.

Joe(you're all nuts)Nation
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 03:01 pm
Joe- Did you say that you can smear Nutella on Spam? What a combination. You are a genius! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 03:03 pm
Phoenix, you can never go back again.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 03:04 pm
DAMN YOU PEOPLE!

I have to stay clear of the whole AISLE where they carry nutella. I cannot just pass by and not buy it. When I buy it it's gone within two days (and that's WITH exercising exorbitant restraint). I think it should be illegal.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 04:05 pm
dag- Just think. If you ever wanted to get rid of somebody, you can just get him hooked on Nutella. Just keep feeding him the stuff, and his arteries would do the rest. It would be the perfect murder! Razz
0 Replies

strawberry333

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 05:57 pm
OMG I knew I shouldn't have gone near this thread- when I come across Nutella in the grocery store I run the other way. I discovered it in London a few years ago, and could not stop- I literally ate a jarful on baguette. If it was in front of me right now, I wouldn't stop until I'd licked it clean.

Oh Nutella, why are you so good?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 08:40 pm
It is banned from my home.

It will ALWAYS be banned from my home.

I know what would happen if I allowed it in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 08:48 pm
Hazelnuts and chocolate are good for us now, in moderation of course.
It's the Haagen-Daz vanilla ice cream I fear..

http://www.westnut.com/info.htm
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 08:59 pm
We have a Nutella problem in this house. Our kids eat Nutella sandwiches -- well, it's considered dessert, but still. I shouldn't tell you this, but we buy it at Sam's Club. Two gigantic jars are something like 7 dollars. It's obscene.