Free Wall Painting Programs

Montana

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 02:57 pm
Hey gang, anyone know any online programs I can download to help me out.
I'm painting or papering every room in my house and I know there are programs out there where you can upload your own pic and see what colors would look like on your walls.
Thought I'd see if any of you know of a good site for this before I rip the hair out of my head spending endless hours doing research Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,269 • Replies: 5
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 09:44 am
I'm just reading along....

I don't know if you could ever get a really good idea because color shows up different on a computer than it does in the real world.

A lot of paint stores sell little packets of paint now so you can "try on" colors before you commit to an entire room. Those are really nice because you get to see colors in the light you will be living in.

I'm researching paint stuff too -- Mo wants Harley-Davidson type flames painted on his walls and I'm considering indulging this desire. If I come across any good painting resources I'll let you know.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 09:51 am
I agree about the computer/ real world disparity.

Sherwin-Williams has this, though:

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/

(Click on the "color visualizer" thingie.)

I think I've seen places where you can upload your own photo, haven't found them back yet though if so.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 09:53 am
Thanks Boomer and the flames sound way cool Cool

Getting little samples would be awesome, but in my boonie neck of the WOODS, we don't have such places with these awesome samples Sad

I think I'm going to have me a talk with our local hardware stores about maybe carrying these cool samples. I think I'll have to head to the city at the bigger stores if I want to get anywhere.

Hey, they just improved our local grocery store and the last time they did it before that was only about 40 years ago, so there's hope yet Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 09:54 am
Thanks a bunch, Soz!

On my way to check it out :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 10:15 am
I had found a site a few weeks ago, which is almost exactly the same as that one, just different store and it is helpful because even though you can't upload your own pics, they have their own bedroom, livingrom, etc pics of their own, so at least you see the color on walls.

Thanks again, soz :-D
0 Replies