Rudy may be dead meat

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:09 pm
WASHINGTON -
Quote:
WASHINGTON - A prominent Christian leader said Thursday that "my conscience and my moral convictions" prevent him from voting for Rudy Giuliani should he win the Republican nomination.

In a blistering online column, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson wrote that, should the former New York mayor become the nominee, "I will either cast my ballot for an also-ran _ or if worse comes to worst _ not vote in a presidential election for the first time in my adult life."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 599 • Replies: 16
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:13 pm
Well that's it then. I'm voting for Rudy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:13 pm
Waves her fan...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:15 pm
I am loving the Republican primary race so far. Kinda like watching a car wreck.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:17 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I am loving the Republican primary race so far. Kinda like watching a car wreck.
republicans love NASCAR.
0 Replies

username

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 11:51 pm
If they renamed it Focus on the Fruitcake it would be more accurate.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 04:03 am
Don't underestimate the power and influence of the middle-aged-white-guy-who-can-speak-without-drooling (aka GOP nominee). Whoever he ends up being, a whole lot of the USA will vote for him before the Dem nominee.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 04:41 am
I'm conducting a write in campaign for Putin.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 05:39 am
What a schmuck Dobson is. He won't vote for Giuliani, but he might vote for a Republican second stringer, who won't get in. Therefore, if his claque of yea-sayers (say hallelujah) go along with him, there is a greater chance of a Democrat winning the election.

So, by exhibiting his pique at Guiliani he might effectively screw it up for the Republicans.

He reminds me of a pissy kid, who wants to "take his marbles" and go home, when things don't go exactly his way.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 06:16 am
snood wrote:
Don't underestimate the power and influence of the middle-aged-white-guy-who-can-speak-without-drooling (aka GOP nominee). Whoever he ends up being, a whole lot of the USA will vote for him before the Dem nominee.

Indeed. As was said by Bill Maher the other nite on his show...the Repubs always nominates the 'WTF? This guy?' and that guy usually defeats the Dem nominee.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:55 am
Brand X wrote:
snood wrote:

Indeed. As was said by Bill Maher the other nite on his show...the Repubs always nominates the 'WTF? This guy?' and that guy usually defeats the Dem nominee.

Quote:
Election 2008: Edwards (D) 47% Giuliani (R) 45%

source
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:58 am
the repubs have nothing to offer period. someone better get on the stick for them.

well, maybe ron paul
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:00 am
I wanna vote as well... on behalf of "the rest of the world who have to put up with whoever you choose"

Mind you we dont do a whole lot better pickin our pollies over here.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:01 am
dadpad wrote:
I wanna vote as well... on behalf of "the rest of the world who have to put up with whoever you choose"

Mind you we dont do a whole lot better pickin our pollies over here.

Bi-Polar Bear... you could be my Australian campaign manager...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:05 am
Heres the deal... An American citizen doesnt have to vote but they should proxy their vote over to someone from another country who does. That would stop us furriners from slingin off at Americans all the time.

Bear does that offer come with free beer?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:06 am
dadpad wrote:
Heres the deal... An American citizen doesnt have to vote but they should proxy their vote over to someone from another country who does. That would stop us furriners from slingin off at Americans all the time.

Bear does that offer come with free beer?

uh.... we'll talk about that at a more discreet location....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 03:26 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
the repubs have nothing to offer period. someone better get on the stick for them.

they sure as hell can't run on their record over the last 20 years.

that leaves them nothing but pandering to the paranoia-happy followers of money grubbing stump jumpers like dobson ( i worked many years for ncr corporation, who provided fotf with their check encoding machines in so. cal. the bucks that this lil weasal takes in is staggering) who hollar that the only things that count are gay marriage, abortion and the all important prayer in every imaginable place you can think of agenda. and 3rd rate "journalists" like bill o'really(?) and sean "the mouth that bored" hammity are right there to obscure and crucify the facts.
0 Replies