Impeachment

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:16 pm
This could be one of what will be several recent revelations that could potentially break the straw on the camel's back regarding impeaching BOTH Bush and Cheney.

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/05/countdown-turley2.jpg

Jonathan Turley wrote:
"The problem comes down to the failure of Congress to deal with what is a very ugly and unfortunate fact. This would be a clear impeachable offense. I don't know of a more potential charge of impeachment within the modern presidency.

And from Glenn Greenwald:

Quote:
And, as I've asked many times before, if we passively allow the President to simply break the law with impunity in how the government spies on our conversations, what don't we allow?

In case Bush forgot (and it seems he has, along with the rest of the Bush crime family) that spying on American citizens without a warrant as prescribed under the FISA act is a felony. Bush has now openly admitted to these programs.

I thought we were a nation of laws. Apparently, those laws do not apply to the Bush administration.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 831 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:31 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/17/bush-comey-dodge/#comment-3808960

Bush refuses to deny sending Gonzales and Card to the bedside of a sick Ashcroft, says 'I'm not going to talk about it.'

Nice non-answer. I have a feeling that this is going to get worse for them quickly.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:45 pm
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/05/pbs-gonzales.jpg

When Gonzales was asked by Sen. Feinstein if there were other domestic spy programs Congress (and the American people) were not aware of, his response was unbelievable:

"I don't know how to answer that."

The most corrupt administration in American history, folks. These bastards need to go.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 12:48 pm
More liberal wet dreams..... How many times Dookie over the last 7 years did you claim that "This was the straw" Laughing
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:19 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/17/bush-comey-dodge/#comment-3808960

Bush refuses to deny sending Gonzales and Card to the bedside of a sick Ashcroft, says 'I'm not going to talk about it.'

Nice non-answer. I have a feeling that this is going to get worse for them quickly.

Cycloptichorn

Yep. Truly amazing.

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/05/msnbc-bush.jpg

Quote:
O'Donnell: There's been some very dramatic testimony before the Senate this week from one of your former top justice department officials, who describes a scene that some Senators called stunning about a time when the warrantless wiretap program was being reviewed. Sir, did you send your then chief of staff and White House counsel to the bedside of John Ashcroft, while he was ill to get him to approve os that program and do you believe that kind of conduct from White House officials is appropriate?

Bush: Kelly, there's a lot of speculation about what happened and what didn't happen and I'm not going to talk about itÂ…It's a very sensitive programÂ…

Interesting. Why couldn't Bush have just said "no?"

The parsing of words with this administration is truly stunning. Let's see how much further the "free press" is willing to go on this.

Looks like there'll be a no confidence vote on Gonzales. Good. He's without a doubt one of the worst, clueless AGs in American history.

http://images2.americanprogressaction.org/ThinkProgress/flv/2007/05/feinnc.320.240.jpg

Quote:
FEINSTEIN: I join with Sen. Schumer in saying I think the time has come for the Senate to express its will. And that will is simply to say that we lack confidence in Attorney General Gonzales. I don't like saying this. I very much regret saying it. I want to say exactly the opposite. But in view of what I know, I can't.

Whether it was the torture memo, whether it's Guantanamo, whether it's Geneva Convention, whether it's U.S. Attorneys, whether it's I don't know I can't recall, a department as major as this, I don't think the American people are well served. I'm hopeful this can be worked out. But there comes a time when you have to say what you think, and this is what I think.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:24 pm
reverend hellh0und wrote:
More liberal wet dreams..... How many times Dookie over the last 7 years did you claim that "This was the straw" Laughing

Unfortunately, you're right. It'll never happen. But the fact that you are happy about criminals getting away with it speaks volumes about you.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 01:26 pm
kickycan wrote:

Unfortunately, you're right. It'll never happen. But the fact that you are happy about criminals getting away with it speaks volumes about you.

Yes, it sure as hell does. Cool
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:24 am
Dookiestix wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Yes, it sure as hell does. Cool

Kikster:

What crimes has Bush been convicted of? Laughing

Dookie I take your statment from someone like you who calls troops "murders", "rapists", and "Drig addicts" as a badge of honor.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:35 am

Well, conviction comes in the form of a successful impeachment and is not a prerequisite for the impeachment itself.

But to take what another poster said, why are you so happy about the things that have been going on with this administration that go directly against the rule of law. Upholding the law is a basic conservative principle, as is limited government in the private lives of its citizens. You sound like a liberal.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:38 am
I'd say more like a 15 year old.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:40 am
FreeDuck wrote:

Well, conviction comes in the form of a successful impeachment and is not a prerequisite for the impeachment itself.

But to take what another poster said, why are you so happy about the things that have been going on with this administration that go directly against the rule of law. Upholding the law is a basic conservative principle, as is limited government in the private lives of its citizens. You sound like a liberal.

Laughing

What kind of debate technuiqe is this? If I don't believe the leftist propaganda that Bush committed crimes how can I be "happy" that he got away with non-existent "crimes".

Does anyone here debate the topics and not the poster?

You don't have a clue as to what the Good Reverend "is" yet that is not stopping many on these here forums from assuming.... Laughing

For example?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:03 am
bush and his cronies will not be impeached... they will walk away scott free and pay no penalties..... so the best thing to do is hound them unmercifully and stain their legacies and family name for generations to come, as I have said before... it's what they deserve.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:04 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush and his cronies will not be impeached... they will walk away scott free and pay no penalties..... so the best thing to do is hound them unmercifully and stain their legacies and family name for generations to come, as I have said before... it's what they deserve.

Sounds like sour grapes to me....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:05 am
I'm sure it does....and who deserves that lingering taste more?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:06 am
Ah reverend, I'm just getting your goat.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:11 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Ah reverend, I'm just getting your goat.

It's cool man. Wink
0 Replies