Is Legoland a place for toddlers?

DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:21 pm
Making a California/Disneyland/San Diego Zoo/Grand Canyon?/Yellowstone? trip this summer.

Anyone know if Legoland is a place for toddlers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,480 • Replies: 14
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:29 pm
The real question should be "Is California a place for toddlers?"
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:58 pm
Oh yes it is. Legoland is great for small children, the older ones get
bored with all the little rides and things designed especially for smaller
children.

While driving to Legoland, make a stop at the strawberry fields and
buy some fresh ones there. You'll like them.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:59 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The real question should be "Is California a place for toddlers?"

Laced cookies are not only for Alice.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:59 pm
Hissssssssss!

Aren't toddlers a tad young for disneyland? I'm not sure, maybe they're all disneyed up for it.

Where in California are you going? (thinking, if I was a toddler, I'd love to play with the wee stones at Montana de Oro State park , south of Morro Bay. I'd like to see the pier at... various places. I'd like to see the ocean at... various places. Including maybe Shell Beach, in La Jolla, immediately south of the Cove. (It's been a while, don't trust me.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:13 pm
Yellowstone is fabulous. We're dying to go back. We're waiting till Mo is older -- maybe 8 or so because Yellowstone is also kind of dangerous for people with unsure footing.

I think there is plenty at Disneyland for toddlers. We went last fall and Mo, at 5, was big enough to ride everything.

We've never been to Legoland but I hear it is great for all ages.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:42 pm
My geography was a bit off for Yellowstone.... Maybe another time.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:45 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Hissssssssss!

Aren't toddlers a tad young for disneyland?

No.

ossobuco wrote:
I'm not sure, maybe they're all disneyed up for it.

Where in California are you going?

L.A. area. Dictated by work; planning the family trip around the work-related stuff.

ossobuco wrote:
(thinking, if I was a toddler, I'd love to play with the wee stones at Montana de Oro State park , south of Morro Bay. I'd like to see the pier at... various places. I'd like to see the ocean at... various places. Including maybe Shell Beach, in La Jolla, immediately south of the Cove. (It's been a while, don't trust me.)

No idea where any of that stuff is.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:03 pm
My forebears worked for disney early, as in the thirties and forties, but I haven't been to the park in Anaheim since 1971, in the rain, and in the pouring rain is when I like it best, personally. But... I'm not a toddler, no window of appropriate judgement.

Montana de Oro state park is way north, but I didn't know how you would get to SD from Yellowstone.

La Jolla is a suburb of San Diego with a lovely ocean frontage. I'm sure Calamity Jane has been on shell beach since I have. Have no idea now how many shells it has by now or how crowded it is on a summer day years later. I used to live across the street, when it was just a beach with a lot of shells and few people; Craven once posted using a "gazebo" there as his office.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:11 pm
(the hiss was to dys, of course...)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:13 pm
Yes, Osso, but La Jolla is quite a stretch from Legoland which is in
Carlsbad. Besides, after they're through at Legoland, they'll be so tired,
they probably want to take a nap Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:25 pm
But they're going to the zoo...

oh, never mind. How about the train station and isn't there a trolley? (I dunno, been years.) Sail boats on Mission Bay...

You can tell I have this Older Person only child bias. I went where my parents went, and they went where they went as adults. (I'll admit they did take me to Macy's toy department in NY). My memories are of things like seeing boats on water. Simple-ish stuff.

In fact, it is probably the car rides, watching, watching, that formed my strange and wonderful personality. I loved motels, cabins, early....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 06:56 pm
Oh, I missed that they're heading for the zoo as well. Yes, by all means
then, go down to La Jolla to see the seals at children's pool and shell's
beach.

Here I took a pictures of the seals

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7093/sealscw6.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:28 am
I've been to Yellowstone, Disney and San Diego Zoo with a toddler.

Actually it is probably good to miss Yellowstone - I've been there twice and it is amazing, but driving through can be boring to a toddler - when you get to see Old Faithful and the buffalo, grizzlies if you are lucky, elk, etc. and the waterfalls, but a million other beautiful things - the toddlers love it, but there is alot of driving (especially since on foot would be difficult) that would be dull for a little one.

Disney was great - both my daughters loved it as a toddler. Get an autograph book. They loved going up to the characters and get their autographs. I can't remember if you have a little girl - if so, go to Ariel's grotto for dinner - the princess spend time at each table. There are many rides and attractions that you can go on and see as a family - there are so many that are not geared simply for older children. My girls could have spent all day looking for characters. They younger they are for the characters, the better - to them it is like meeting a favorite rock or sport's star.

San Diego zoo actually wasn't ideal for a toddler - lots of walking and the animals are in enclosures designed specific for the animals, but not necessarily for viewing. The kids zoo area though is ideal for toddlers. My daughter napped through the rest of the zoo. The zoo is incredible from an adult aspect, but may not work so well for a toddler. I would recommend getting a bus tour sort of thing they have as it would be easier on you with a little one rather than walking through the whole zoo.

Another thought in the area is Sea World. My daughters loved feeding the dolphins and seeing the acts. Much better for a toddler.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:24 am
I agree on Sea World, but we have one in San Antonio. SA zoo and Sea World make for a great trip, especially since both have annual passes.
0 Replies