Itunes or Ipods--Which one sucks more ass?

Montana

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 09:58 pm
My cheap MP3 at least has a radio. The sound sucks, but it's there.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 10:02 pm
Speaking of radios, I happen to love the radio, but you can't find and decent walkman type systems. Hell, you're lucky if you can get a shitty one these days~!!!
Now you have to pay for sattelite to get anything good!!!!

@#$%^
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 10:12 pm
Why bother with an Ipod. You need an IPhone
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 06:48 am
Laughing Yeah, that seems to have everything except a radio Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:13 pm
So here's my defense of I-Tunes (and hence the rest of the I-Pod package).

I've finally got the old PCU we use as a jukebox hooked up to the big TV (the one thing in our lives we've spent a lot of money besides travel, on which we've spent most of what we've ever earned). Do that, get some good music going, put the "visualizer" on ( --------- you ever go to a reggae show where there's a loadie light show on the wall? that's what this thing is, only with the power of a computer and hundreds of hours of programming instead of two stoned chicks with an overhead projector and some colored oils -- it's that times a million --------), get in the right frame of mind, puts some good low lights on, and drift and dream away on the sofa.

It's a creature comfort, to be sure, but a comforted creature it makes. And giving money to Paul Allen is a lot better than giving it to a lot of corporate execs out there. He built a great music museum in Seattle (which looks like **** from the outside, but in a part of town that already looks like **** anyway, so no one cares) and underwrites the best radio station I've ever come across (KEXP, also in Seattle, which you can stream online at their .org site (only it's a pledge drive right now) (really, you should check it out if you like any kind of music at all, they do a lot of great ****)).

So, there, there's that.

Bill Gates ain't such a bad cat either, at that. He puts on a great fireworks show and funds really first-rate research on malaria -- money that goes toward looking for real cures for it instead of palliative treatment.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:16 pm
Though I've gotta say, the 4th of July fireworks over Lake Union a few years back, when the city hired a team from Japan, were incredible.
0 Replies