Itunes or Ipods--Which one sucks more ass?

patiodog

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 09:10 pm
No, it's the machine, damn it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 11:04 pm
Damn, what the hell, are you people in love with Steve Jobs or something?

God forbid a product created by the almighty Apple (overpriced piece of **** doesn't even come with a radio tuner, by the way) ever not work correctly. It can't be! How could an Apple product ever not be the most perfectly engineered, most sturdily designed product ever made by human hands?! It MUST be operator error!

All I can tell you is I've had the stupid thing for seven months now. After about five months, the earphones that came with the piece-of-crap radio tuner I had to buy separately (another fifty dollars) started sounding like ****. Since the earphones are actually built into the radio remote, there is no way to get a better pair of headphones AND a radio tuner. I'm sorry (no I'm not), but that's just stupid.

I'm not even that upset about it. It's just an overpriced piece of ****, is all I'm saying.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:32 am
Does "sucks more ass" mean something good or something bad?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 07:21 am
Reset by holding the select button and the menu button at the same time until it restarts.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:46 am
What happens if you plug it into the wall?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 11:49 am
Swimpy wrote:
Reset by holding the select button and the menu button at the same time until it restarts.

I don't wanna. I'm scared it will just delete all my **** again. Maybe I'll try that after tonight's experimental attempt at fixing it. I hooked it back up to my USB port on the computer. Hopefully when I get home tonight, some miracle will have occurred and it will start working again.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 12:55 pm
Com e on, ya scardy. It won't do anything bad. It's just like rebooting. You backed up all of your music now, right?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 01:26 pm
Well, I don't have it with me right now anyway. If I get home and it still isn't working, I'll psychologically prepare myself for the loss of all my songs and give it a shot.

Thanks
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:00 pm
So is it working?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 10:39 pm
Ha! It is working! I got the piece of **** working again! And all my songs seem to still be on it! Double cool!

Thanks anyway though for that restart idea. I guess I lucked out.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 01:05 am
Good. Now be careful with that thing.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:19 am
I dropped mine on concrete from about 6 feet. The body came apart. I picked it up and snapped it back together, and it works beautifully.

Piece of **** my balls.

Which reminds me -- I should have that checked out...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 05:32 am
Jeeez, I was gonna get one, but I don't know now Shocked
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 07:06 am
Ipods are great!
Just be sure to read the instructions which I'm sure SOMEONE did not bother to do.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 08:16 am
Montana wrote:
Jeeez, I was gonna get one, but I don't know now Shocked

Do you have a PC or a Mac? Do you like to listen to the radio? If you have a PC, don't bother wasting your money on this piece of ****. Get something else. And if you like listening to the radio, then DEFINITELY don't get this piece of ****.

Just look at the price of the damn things, for one thing. It's more expensive than almost every other music player out there, and there is no reason for it to be, because it's just as much or more a piece of **** than all of them.

Don't listen to the Apple-worshippers! They love everything Apple makes, whether it's a PIECE OF **** or not! They are part of the cult. Although I still love them dearly, they can't be trusted in this matter.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 08:26 am
Don't listen to him, Montana. It has the best sound quality of any mp3 palyer I've heard. You can put boatloads of more music on it that the others. There are some comparables, but there expensive, too.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 09:30 am
No radio tuner. That's all I'm gonna say.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 10:57 am
kickycan wrote:
No radio tuner. That's all I'm gonna say.

Don't need one. Got a radio already.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 12:56 pm
It should come with one is all I'm saying.

For at least $50 less (possibly more, I didn't check everywhere) than the 30GB ipod you can get a Zune or some other player WITH a radio tuner.

I'm just saying...

it's an overpriced piece of ****.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 31 May, 2007 04:34 pm
There's nothing but **** on the radio.

And I've got a PC.

I much prefer the user interface of the ipod to the others I've played with, and I've had it for three years now and have yet to have the slightest problem with it. My only complaint is that the format you buy music in is a big cumbersome file that you can't legally compact to an mp3, but that's a pretty minor annoyance.
0 Replies