Itunes or Ipods--Which one sucks more ass?

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 12:09 am
That was hilarious Kicky. Well done. I use a 20GB "Zen" from Creative Labs myself. I've never had a problem, and the battery continues to baffle me with its longevity.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 12:22 am
i just did a quick check of one music folder and got 26 days worth of music, but there were audio books in the list, but that's only one music folder, on one of four hard drives

it's gonna be a few days for me to sort out, but i'll report back on music, books and misc audio

i have a lot of mix collections, i've found on the net

some blogger put's up pretty cool mixes on a site called pop 77, each mix is about an hour long and i have around 30 of those

then there's the 100+ six mixes at about a half hour each

from the winamp generated playlist

3328 tracks in playlist, average track length: 11:33
Estimated playlist length: 641 hours 13 minutes 33 seconds
(3257 tracks of unknown length)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 07:01 am
I just can't get itunes to ever update.

Stupid ass piece of crap. It says EVERY time I open it "There isa new version available. Would you like to install?" and EVERY time I say yes, it does something and then I find out later it really did nothing because it's there AGAIN when I load up itunes. Rolling Eyes

I am EXTREMEMLY modest and prudent as I only have 895 songs on my ipod and (since I can't look right now) if you figure each song is approximatly 4 minutes long (if you average regular songs with classical or jazz tunes), that is 60 hours of music, which works out to only be 2.5 days worth of music.

Crying or Very sad

I am so ashamed.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 07:13 am
Never had a problem with either one.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 07:42 am
Me neither. My 30gig iPod is more than a year and ahlf now, and I never had a problem like that...

...'cept the one time I unchecked or unchecked one tinytinylittle box.... took a while before I discovered which one it was. But it was no problem at all, since only took away the music on my iPod. iTunes was still there with all the material, so what's the problem?

Oh, you've all shown yours, here's mine 4527 objects, 13days14hrs44mins48secs mostly metal, rock, hard rock, heavy metal or variations of beforementioned genres, and 2 songs by Barry Manilow.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 08:05 am
All my problems were operator error. I don't blame the damnable machine at all.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:00 pm
Maybe it was operator error, but if there is a feature that could possibly f*ck things up this bad, don't you think the jerkoffs who designed the software would make that feature a little tougher to change, or at least give you some kind of understandable warning?

If you import all your CDs that you want on your iPod, and keep them on the hard drive of your computer, then there is no problem It's only a problem for the people who don't want to have all these songs taking up space on their computer for no good reason.

That's the problem. I imported all these CDs, then deleted them from my hard drive. Why would I want to take up all that space with them on my computer's hard drive if they're already on the iPod and the CDs? I don't want that waste.

So once again, I say it. iTunes blows dead monkeys.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:03 pm
And another thing. That kid on the Mac/PC commercials who is supposed to represent Mac is a condescending arrogant prick!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:06 pm
And John Hodgeman is the funniest man on the face of the earth.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:07 pm
kickycan wrote:
Maybe it was operator error, but if there is a feature that could possibly f*ck things up this bad, don't you think the jerkoffs who designed the software would make that feature a little tougher to change, or at least give you some kind of understandable warning?

If you import all your CDs that you want on your iPod, and keep them on the hard drive of your computer, then there is no problem It's only a problem for the people who don't want to have all these songs taking up space on their computer for no good reason.

That's the problem. I imported all these CDs, then deleted them from my hard drive. Why would I want to take up all that space with them on my computer's hard drive if they're already on the iPod and the CDs? I don't want that waste.

So once again, I say it. iTunes blows dead monkeys.

I keep intending to get an external drive to keep all muy music on. Someday I'll actually do it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:14 pm
kickycan wrote:

Well gee Kicky. Too bad Jobs & Co. didn't call you first. Rolling Eyes

It's very simple. If you want to control it manually, and avoid such catastrophes, then check the button on the opening page. If not, leave it unchecked. I figured that out the first day. Didn't you bother to read the info?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:17 pm
Don't you roll your eyes at me, missy!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:18 pm
I wanna smack you. You screwed yourself, boy!

And that kid on the commercial is adorably humble.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:21 pm
eoe wrote:
It's very simple. If you want to control it manually, and avoid such catastrophes, then check the button on the opening page. If not, leave it unchecked. I figured that out the first day. Didn't you bother to read the info?

eoe, I did do that. And then, at a random moment six months later down the line, it decided on startup that I needed to be given the option to chnage my music management choices. I don't know why. I don't even know exactly what the stupid message was that came up, but it was a yes or no dialogue box. It certainly didn't tell me that I would lose half my songs if I clicked on the "yes" option.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:22 pm
And you clicked yes? Why?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:23 pm
Probably because the message it gave me didn't say anything that made any sense to me. It was a guess.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:31 pm
That is so male. You ought to know better.

Bet you do now.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 03:14 pm
Wait, you CHOSE to take everything off your hard drive? What happens when you drop your pod in the gutter during a rainstorm? Or in your beer? Or in the toilet? Or when the battery dies?

Sheesh, no sympathy at all.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 05:44 pm
patiodog wrote:
Wait, you CHOSE to take everything off your hard drive? What happens when you drop your pod in the gutter during a rainstorm? Or in your beer? Or in the toilet? Or when the battery dies?

Sheesh, no sympathy at all.

Are you insane? I have the CDs!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 05:51 pm
what's an Itune or for that matter, whats' an Ipod?
0 Replies