Bush Approval Rating Falls to 28%

Zippo

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 08:51 am
Quote:
http://online.wsj.com/img/printformat_logo.gif

Bush Approval Rating Falls to 28%, Lowest Level So Far, in Harris Poll

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ONLINE
April 26, 2007

President Bush's approval rating slipped to new lows in the most recent Harris Interactive survey, but he's not alone: For the first time since the series began, all of the political figures and institutions included in the survey have negative performance ratings.

Of the 1,001 American adults polled online April 20-23, only 28% had a positive view of Mr. Bush's job performance, down from 32% in February and from a high of 88% in the aftermath of the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. The current rating is his weakest showing since his inauguration.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice garnered the approval of 45% of those surveyed, down from 46% in February, and approval of Defense Secretary Robert Gates slid to 29% in the latest poll, from 32% in February.

Among other individuals included in the poll, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) saw her approval rating fall to 30% in April from 38% in February, shortly after her swearing-in as the first female House speaker. Approval for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) slipped to 22%, from 23% in February but up from 19% a year ago.

Those polled gave Congress an approval rating of 27%, with the Democrats as a group pulling in 35% approval, compared with 22% for Republicans.

When asked which two issues the government should address first, 30% of poll respondents said the war and 13% said Iraq. Domestic concerns rounded out the top spots, with 15% of those polled mentioning health care and 10% pointing to the economy.

Here are full results of the poll:

Continued...

Dear President Bush

You are fired.

We demand a refund.

(Signed) The American People
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 703 • Replies: 19
No top replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 08:55 am
Think he will be re-elected next year?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 10:31 am
reverend hellh0und wrote:

Believe it or not, there are thousands if not millions of Americans who would be glad to vote for Bush again, if they could. Their main objective is to solely kill A-rabs (revenge for 911)

Rev, are you from PCF ? Laughing

You'll have to guess who i am... ha ha
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:36 am

Nope. Maybe impeached, instead.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:37 am

nope. Hillary.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:40 am
Zippo wrote:

Believe it or not, there are thousands if not millions of Americans who would be glad to vote for Bush again, if they could. Their main objective is to solely kill A-rabs (revenge for 911)

Really. Soley to kill A-rabs? What support for this well thought out position do you have. Laughing

Quote:

Rev, are you from PCF ? Laughing

You'll have to guess who i am... ha ha

Dunno, don't really care.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:41 am
Dookiestix wrote:

Nope. Maybe impeached, instead.

In your wet dreams.... You have failed for what 7 years now? Laughing Par for the course!
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 09:57 am

Really. Soley to kill A-rabs? What support for this well thought out position do you have. Laughing

Evangelicals in the US believe there is a Biblical basis for opposing the Middle East.

Evangelical Christians are believed to represent the single largest religious group in the U.S, and as their numbers have grown (281 million), there are signs of increasing activism in U.S. foreign policy.

Evangelicals generally view the Middle East through a biblical prism and thus are staunch supporters of Israel.

What is the view of evangelicals toward Muslims?

"Surveys taken by the Pew Forum (PDF) show that of all Americans, evangelicals have the most negative views of Islam and Muslims. "

( http://www.cfr.org/publication/11341/ )

Quote:

Yeah, Yeah... Laughing (B.T.W, that site is down...reason for you hanging around here? :wink: )

Damn, you're using the same avatar ? Laughing
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:03 am
Zippo wrote:

Evangelicals in the US believe there is a Biblical basis for opposing the Middle East.

Evangelical Christians are believed to represent the single largest religious group in the U.S, and as their numbers have grown (281 million), there are signs of increasing activism in U.S. foreign policy.

Evangelicals generally view the Middle East through a biblical prism and thus are staunch supporters of Israel.

"Surveys taken by the Pew Forum (PDF) show that of all Americans, evangelicals have the most negative views of Islam and Muslims. "

Quote:

Yeah, Yeah... Laughing (B.T.W, that site is down...reason for you hanging around here? :wink: )

That would certainly explain this meeting:

Quote:

What better way for the Republican Party to rally the far religious right in this country than to attack Iran. I wonder how Christians would feel about thousands of innocent Iranians dying from radiation poisoning due to our boming of their nuclear facilities?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:10 am
Zippo wrote:

281 million Evangelical Christians in the U.S.? Wrong.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:11 am
Zippo wrote:

I don't see anywhere that Milliions would votebush cause they want to kill "A-rabs" as you say.

I also don't see anywhere in your link that evengelicals want to "kill A-rabs". Care to quote the relevant text? Laughing

There is more evidence that you and Dookie want to kill right wingers than what you are suggesting here.... Laughing

Quote:

Quote:

Actually the good reverend started posting here a few weeks back. Do you post here cause you were banned from PCF or something? Laughing

What does any of this have to do with anything btw?

Quote:

Damn, you're using the same avatar ? Laughing

Hey the Good Reverend gives the peoples what they want. PM me your addy and I will sign one and send you an 8x10 glossy.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:17 am
kickycan wrote:
Zippo wrote:

Maybe i got it wrong (rushed the google search result). I'll find the correct number and post it. Thanks for correcting me.

However, i've found world total :

"The World Evangelical Alliance is "a network of churches in 127 nations that have each formed an evangelical alliance and over 100 international organizations joining together to give a worldwide identity, voice and platform to more than 420 million evangelical Christians" "

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism )

Edit: ( There are 60 million Evangelical Christians in the U.S )

Another source says 50 to 80 million.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:24 am
Zippo wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Zippo wrote:

Maybe i got it wrong (rushed the google search result). I'll find the correct number and post it. Thanks for correcting me.

However, i've found world total :

"The World Evangelical Alliance is "a network of churches in 127 nations that have each formed an evangelical alliance and over 100 international organizations joining together to give a worldwide identity, voice and platform to more than 420 million evangelical Christians" "

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism )

Edit: ( There are 60 million Evangelical Christians in the U.S )

Another source says 50 to 80 million.

And how many of them want to kill all a-rabs as you claimed? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:26 am
And from your link zippy:

The end of Sudan's north-south civil war. U.S. efforts to end Africa's longest civil war were a response in part to steady campaigning by evangelicals concerned about reports the government in Khartoum was imposing slavery and Islam on the predominantly Christian south. The 2005 peace deal, brokered by former U.S. senator John Danforth, an ordained Episcopalian minister, still holds, although a separate civil conflict in Darfur rages on. Evangelicals are among a number of groups pressing for international action to end the bloodshed in Darfur.
AIDS/humanitarianism. During Bush's time in office, U.S. aid to Africa has risen 67 percent, including $15 billion committed over five years for programs to fight HIV and AIDS. The policy has faced criticism from some health advocates who say its emphasis on abstinence at the expense of efforts such as condom distribution has slowed the response to fighting the disease. Delegates from Africa, speaking at an international AIDS conference in Toronto in August 2006, said the administration's strategy has a mixed record so far.
The International Religious Freedom Act of 1998. Experts say evangelicals played a key role in the effort to pass legislation making freedom of religion and conscience a top objective of U.S. foreign policy. Under the law, the U.S. State Department set up an agency to advise the government on how countries perform on religious freedom. Countries given poor grades could face economic sanctions and other punitive measures.
The North Korea Human Rights Act of 2004 (PDF). This act required Bush to appoint a special envoy for human rights in North Korea and says human rights in the country should be a "key element in future negotiations between the United States, North Korea, and other concerned parties in Northeast Asia."
The Trafficking Victims Protection Act (PDF). Passed in 2000, the act aims to deter trafficking, punish traffickers, and protect and rehabilitate victims. New legislation signed by President Bush in January 2006 will provide an estimated $360 million over the next two years to fight human trafficking and offer victim protection.

THOSE EVIL WICKED CHRISTIANS! Laughing
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:27 am

I don't see anywhere that Milliions would votebush cause they want to kill "A-rabs" as you say.

I also don't see anywhere in your link that evengelicals want to "kill A-rabs". Care to quote the relevant text? Laughing

You haven't been watching the Iraq/Afghan war? Rolling Eyes

The proof is in thier death toll.

Quote:
Actually the good reverend started posting here a few weeks...

So you lied earlier? Mad
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:30 am
Zippo wrote:

You haven't been watching the Iraq/Afghan war? Rolling Eyes

The proof is in thier death toll.

I take it your answer is "no"

Hmm I see muslims killing other Muslims and attacking US troops. What war are you watching... Laughing

Quote:

Quote:
Actually the good reverend started posting here a few weeks...

So you lied earlier? Mad

What are you talking about and if you want to swoon over the Good Reverend start a thread on my greatness.....
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:31 am

When did i say anything about 'Christians' ?

And I thought we were talking about Evangelical Christians. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:32 am
Zippo wrote:

When did i say anything about 'Christians' ?

And I thought we were talking about Evangelical Christians. Rolling Eyes

Actually you keep changing who you are talking about...

And yes these "evil "evengelical" christians. Whom you have yet to show want to kill "A-rabs"

The end of Sudan's north-south civil war. U.S. efforts to end Africa's longest civil war were a response in part to steady campaigning by evangelicals concerned about reports the government in Khartoum was imposing slavery and Islam on the predominantly Christian south. The 2005 peace deal, brokered by former U.S. senator John Danforth, an ordained Episcopalian minister, still holds, although a separate civil conflict in Darfur rages on. Evangelicals are among a number of groups pressing for international action to end the bloodshed in Darfur.
AIDS/humanitarianism. During Bush's time in office, U.S. aid to Africa has risen 67 percent, including $15 billion committed over five years for programs to fight HIV and AIDS. The policy has faced criticism from some health advocates who say its emphasis on abstinence at the expense of efforts such as condom distribution has slowed the response to fighting the disease. Delegates from Africa, speaking at an international AIDS conference in Toronto in August 2006, said the administration's strategy has a mixed record so far.
The International Religious Freedom Act of 1998. Experts say evangelicals played a key role in the effort to pass legislation making freedom of religion and conscience a top objective of U.S. foreign policy. Under the law, the U.S. State Department set up an agency to advise the government on how countries perform on religious freedom. Countries given poor grades could face economic sanctions and other punitive measures.
The North Korea Human Rights Act of 2004 (PDF). This act required Bush to appoint a special envoy for human rights in North Korea and says human rights in the country should be a "key element in future negotiations between the United States, North Korea, and other concerned parties in Northeast Asia."
The Trafficking Victims Protection Act (PDF). Passed in 2000, the act aims to deter trafficking, punish traffickers, and protect and rehabilitate victims. New legislation signed by President Bush in January 2006 will provide an estimated $360 million over the next two years to fight human trafficking and offer victim protection.

Nasty people they are! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 11:03 am
the good rev wrote:
and yes these "evil "evengelical" christians. Whom you have yet to show want to kill "A-rabs"

the good rev wrote:
"The end of Sudan's north-south civil war. U.S. efforts to end Africa's longest civil war were a response in part to steady campaigning by evangelicals concerned about reports the government in Khartoum was imposing slavery and Islam on the predominantly Christian south."

Quote:
how many of them want to kill all a-rabs Laughing

I didn't know Sudan was an Arab country. Laughing

I'd always thought they were in Africa.
0 Replies

reverend hellh0und

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:18 am
Zippo wrote:
the good rev wrote:
and yes these "evil "evengelical" christians. Whom you have yet to show want to kill "A-rabs"

the good rev wrote:
"The end of Sudan's north-south civil war. U.S. efforts to end Africa's longest civil war were a response in part to steady campaigning by evangelicals concerned about reports the government in Khartoum was imposing slavery and Islam on the predominantly Christian south."

Quote:
how many of them want to kill all a-rabs Laughing

I didn't know Sudan was an Arab country. Laughing

I'd always thought they were in Africa.

This is so sophomoric. YOu bashed evengelicals and I demonstrated how "evil they really were". You then quote the Good Reverend out of context as if he was the one who said all that.

You have failed in all aspects of this thread.
0 Replies