Is 'liking children' wrong, if you don't harm kids?

Chumly

Sat 5 May, 2007 01:05 pm
sozobe wrote:
Now, I've already had this run-in with Chumly, so I'll leave everyone else to it.

Or, you can ignore it. That's actually my advice as my previous attempts went absolutely nowhere.
Your so-called "run-in with Chumly" was rather one sided given your penchant for the strawman logical fallacy in this context.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 01:05 pm
sozobe wrote:
OK, Bill. For someone only checking in sporadically (me), the not-serious vitriol was hard to separate from the serious vitriol.

Now, I've already had this run-in with Chumly, so I'll leave everyone else to it.

Or, you can ignore it. That's actually my advice as my previous attempts went absolutely nowhere.
Smile I've had similar experiences so will likely heed your advice. :wink:

Although, there are cultures that, apparently, still don't get it:

Edit (Moderator): Image converted to a link
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Gallery/mollah.JPG
0 Replies

Chumly

Sat 5 May, 2007 01:11 pm
A trumped up Appeal to Belief.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 01:18 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Edit (Moderator): Image converted to a link
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Gallery/mollah.JPG
Shocked My apologies. Embarrassed I didn't realize it was that offensive. There's another copy posted here in case you'd like to remove it as well.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Sat 5 May, 2007 01:35 pm
sozobe wrote:
You seem to be misunderstanding what dlowan was saying, Hokie.

Not "if you're abused, you'll become a pedophile."

but

"many people who are pedophiles were themselves abused."

And the studies indicate that only a minority of pedophiles were themselves abused - not 'many', as the poster indicated.

Quote:
Even among sex offenders against minors, only a minority experienced childhood sexual contact with an adult.
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 5 May, 2007 02:58 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Didn't know you were waiting for a specific answer Kick. I thought my other responses answered your questions…

kickycan wrote:
A) Go to a counselling center, police station, psych ward, hospital or other such facility and seek professional help for his problem.

B) Have himself neutered at a local hospital.

C) Blind himself so as to virtually disqualify himself from any predatory activity.

D) Pull out a gun and blow his own head off.

Which is the best option for all concerned?
The answer is yes. Do one of those. D) would obviously be the most effective... B) and C) strike me as exceedingly unlikely and A) may or may not prove to solve anything. I know here in South Florida; even if you're a complete nut, the State will only take you in if you convince the people at the door that you're an immediate suicide risk, and even then it's for only 48 hours unless you convince a professional that releasing you would result in your suicide (I had to take an acquaintance to one of these; and it's damn near impossible even if you're programmed with that program, which is the only one that will work, as far as anyone I knew knew). I have considerably less faith in the effectiveness of A) than D) if a person is on the edge. I still say better safe than sorry.

You are actually sticking with this position even after all the information that Soz, Dlowan, Craven and others have brought to this thread about it?

Okay. Enjoy your prideful and willful ignorance. And trust me, anyone can see that your proud of it, even if you don't.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 03:12 pm
Boy, am I ever glad I bothered to type out a reply. Rolling Eyes (Repeating nonsense, doesn't make it sense).

You know, when all the dancing is done, my point is quite simply, undeniably, the most effective… and therefore shouldn't be dismissed as merit-less because if offends some people's sensibilities. A quick web search revealed there are 115 registered "Sexual Predators" currently living in Palm Beach County. If each took my advice; can there be any doubt there would be less children molested in Palm Beach County this year? Any doubt? Personally; I think one child's innocence is more valuable than the whole lot of them combined. Now, that's less than 1/10th of one percent of the population. Just imagine how many of these monster's must be running around anonymously if Craven's estimate is accurate. Shocked
Conclusion: Less = Better Idea
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 5 May, 2007 03:16 pm
Nobody is arguing that it isn't the most effective way of getting rid of the problem. And Nuking Iraq would be a great way of stopping that war, but is it the BEST option? BEST, BEST BEST!!! Nobody is arguing that it isn't EFFECTIVE! Jesus Christ, maybe it's not willful.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 03:24 pm
As usual Kick, you add as much to the conversation as you'll take away; nothing. If I need someone to do a lousy job of repeating fragments of already shotty arguments... or help on an idiotic sex thread; I'll send you a pm. Good day.
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 5 May, 2007 03:30 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
As usual Kick, you add as much to the conversation as you'll take away; nothing. If I need someone to do a lousy job of repeating fragments of already shotty arguments... or help on an idiotic sex thread; I'll send you a pm. Good day.

Of course. I should have expected this gutless and completely nonsensical response. When all else fails, attack the poster. It's the M.O. of a lot of overly proud people when trying to avoid admitting they might be wrong. Pathetic.

OCCOM BILL wrote:
(Repeating nonsense, doesn't make it sense).

How ironic that you would say something like that.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 03:40 pm
kickycan wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Of course. I should have expected this gutless and completely nonsensical response.
Your inability to make sense of something hardly makes it nonsensical, Kicky… that's just par for the course. And what do you mean gutless? I'm not the anonymous little dog, with the made up name and the phony avatar yipping in agreement with comparatively intellectual giants.
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 5 May, 2007 03:50 pm
More bullshit and gutless posturing. Oh, Bill, you're so tough and scary!

Let me ask you a question, Bill. Which are you most proud of: Your ignorance or your arrogance?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 03:55 pm
kickycan wrote:
More bullshit and gutless posturing. Oh, Bill, you're so tough and scary!

Let me ask you a question, Bill. Which are you most proud of: Your ignorance or your arrogance?
You silly man. You indicate that you'd like a response to your list of questions, I diligently comply, and receive nothing but ad hominem nonsense in return. Did you think someone needed you here for that? What precisely is your problem?

I suppose it shouldn't shock me you'd take special offense to my suggestion. You are, after all, famously the resident pervert, who attempts to defend idiots who strike inanimate objects in rage and asks questions like "when is it okay to hit a woman". Has my suggestion hit a special nerve here too?
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 5 May, 2007 06:16 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
You silly man. You indicate that you'd like a response to your list of questions, I diligently comply, and receive nothing but ad hominem nonsense in return. Did you think someone needed you here for that? What precisely is your problem?

Okay, Bill, relax. You're right about one thing. I did respond with an ad hominem attack. But it was only because I was trying to avoid calling you a stupid f*cking moronic blockhead. I apologize.

And as for the rest of your post...it's basically the equivalent of an apoplectic monkey flinging poo around in frustration. Entertaining, but not worthy of a serious response.
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 5 May, 2007 06:20 pm
Still haven't heard why everyone's so angry about Bill's position. What does it actually matter to anyone else what he thinks>
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 5 May, 2007 06:21 pm
Mame wrote:
Still haven't heard why everyone's so angry about Bill's position. What does it actually matter to anyone else what he thinks>

Who's angry?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 06:54 pm
kickycan wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Okay, Bill, relax. You're right about one thing. I did respond with an ad hominem attack. But it was only because I was trying to avoid calling you a stupid f*cking moronic blockhead. I apologize.

And as for the rest of your post...it's basically the equivalent of an apoplectic monkey flinging poo around in frustration. Entertaining, but not worthy of a serious response.
Was hoping I wasn't going to have to grab another handful of crap to fling, though it is fun on occasion. Laughing I suppose I should apologize for the implied pedi-crack… that was a bit below the belt and probably unnecessary. (Solid, though, eh? Twisted Evil)
Peace.
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 5 May, 2007 06:56 pm
Glad to see all is well on the playground (excuse the unintended very bad pun).
0 Replies

Chai

Sat 5 May, 2007 07:09 pm
Something Craven wrote about 25% of men.....

It got me wondering. In countries where it has been considered the norm for many, many generations for a grown man to marry a much younger girl, like 10, 11, 12 years old, is that considered pedophilia?

If the girl is willing, and not being coerced into marriage and their culture is arranged in such a way that is acceptable, is there a problem.

Now I know a number of these child brides are forced into the situation, but I'm sure many are not.

What if the husband is accepting her as a wife and does no harm?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 5 May, 2007 07:25 pm
Chai wrote:
Something Craven wrote about 25% of men.....

It got me wondering. In countries where it has been considered the norm for many, many generations for a grown man to marry a much younger girl, like 10, 11, 12 years old, is that considered pedophilia?

If the girl is willing, and not being coerced into marriage and their culture is arranged in such a way that is acceptable, is there a problem.

Now I know a number of these child brides are forced into the situation, but I'm sure many are not.

What if the husband is accepting her as a wife and does no harm?
Touchy one... and I'm sure I'm wrong again (:wink:), but hell yes there's a problem. It's an entire culture of pedophilia. I've read enough of Deb and Craven's responses on these threads to know, at least, neither will dispute the FACT that the 10-12 year old girl's frontal lobes are not developed enough to even give consent (by decent standards)(and I doubt these cultures consult her about it anyway)(it's more like a sale, a dept payment, a trade, or a peace offering, when their asses are given away). It is a sick twisted truth that's supposed to be accepted as "another culture"... as opposed to the barbaric sexual slavery that it is. And, it ain't just the girls. Go back and click on the link where the MOD replaced my pic and read how much fun it is to be a pretty little boy around a Mullah. Shocked

You don't know me from the wind
you never will, you never did
I'm the little jew
who wrote the Bible
I've seen the nations rise and fall
I've heard their stories, heard them all
but love's the only engine of survival
Your servant here, he has been told
to say it clear, to say it cold:
It's over, it ain't going
any further
And now the wheels of heaven stop