Is 'liking children' wrong, if you don't harm kids?

Jfdkkd

Mon 4 Nov, 2019 09:03 pm
@Setanta,
I think being attracted to children is the same as being attracted to woman or man. It's just a sexual orientation, something you are born with. And even though it sucks, you can't change it.

But acting out in it or making yourself believe it's okay if they give consent, is fuckedup. Children can't give consent and molesting them would have an impact on their whole life. I assume someone who is attracted to children likes children, and if you like children, how can you can you do something that would ruin their whole life?

But I really think that it's okay to have these feelings and that it's should be socially accepted. These people need help and support. It's unfair to hate then for how they were born. And it's also pointless. Hating them instead of helping them will only make it more likely for a child to get hurt.
vikorr

Tue 12 Nov, 2019 12:42 pm
@Jfdkkd,
It mostly likely is genetic, and that is unfair - but there is a lot in life that is unfair. Genetic or not, unfair or not, it shouldn't be accepted - acceptance causes its own problems.

Certainly confidential help should be available for them, though I'm dubious as to how much such would 'help'. The recidivist rate among them is enormously high - enough that one would think the ones who have 're-offended', simply haven't been caught re-offending.
0 Replies

TooFriendly112

Sat 14 Dec, 2019 04:53 am
Hi

'liking children' sounds like someone not understanding our society completely. That is comforting? WHAT?! ………….

I saw many kids life ruined living like people like this (myself, me and my brothers hid in the closet)

Still this happens over and over again?! NO …… PEOPLE ARE BRAVE!

/TooFriendly112

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
DiscipleDave

Sun 24 May, 2020 11:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
I am a mother, Earl, forgiveness and compassion is not something I
extend to pedophiles, however, I do agree with you that they have
very little control over these feelings.

Mat_6:15  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Mar_11:26  But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Wed 18 Nov, 2020 10:26 pm
@Setanta,
I'm not sure that I agree.

I actually had a kid about 11 or so want to dance with me at a party, and it seemed like she was attracted to me (I didn't act on this). Provided a kid actually knows what's what at that age... Children that are capable of choosing what sugary cereal to eat are certainly capable of giving consent. This is called free will.

There are a number of issues though. First of all, they usually do not know what's what at that age. That is, while they can give consent, they cannot give what is known as informed consent. "Hey little girl, would you like to have some fun? Now bend over." They are not likely to know what's happening until something traumatic has happened.
Which brings us to the second point, there is a serious question of emotional readiness. I can tell you from my brief foray into prostitution (I was kinda poor, okay?) that the age don't matter so much, it's being emotionally prepared for something. At age 29, that still freaked me out, because it wasn't someone I knew or trusted but a complete stranger. The less emotionally ready you are, the more
The third issue is the size difference. Not only the size... down there. But the fact that someone much bigger and stronger than you can basically force you if you say no.

Now. That being said, I think there is an unreasonably high age of consent. Past the age of 16, you're basically stalling for time. What I find objectionable with this is that it tends to encourage young mothers to abort the pregnancy. Abortion is rather disgusting to me. I think what I agree with are close-age laws. If you are less than 2 years apart, it should not matter if you are younger than the minimum. It's the idea of a 30 year old messing with a 12 year old.
0 Replies

crackedhead

Thu 19 Nov, 2020 01:13 am
Yes it is wrong. Because you will eventually harm kids if you have to ask such a question. 'liking children' shouldn't even be a thing that needs to be said. And the notion that harm even comes into the equation means you've obviously thought about the morality of it. So, yes it's wrong according to common sense.
0 Replies