Is 'liking children' wrong, if you don't harm kids?

Jfdkkd

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2019 09:03 pm
@Setanta,
I think being attracted to children is the same as being attracted to woman or man. It's just a sexual orientation, something you are born with. And even though it sucks, you can't change it.

But acting out in it or making yourself believe it's okay if they give consent, is fuckedup. Children can't give consent and molesting them would have an impact on their whole life. I assume someone who is attracted to children likes children, and if you like children, how can you can you do something that would ruin their whole life?

But I really think that it's okay to have these feelings and that it's should be socially accepted. These people need help and support. It's unfair to hate then for how they were born. And it's also pointless. Hating them instead of helping them will only make it more likely for a child to get hurt.
vikorr

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 12:42 pm
@Jfdkkd,
It mostly likely is genetic, and that is unfair - but there is a lot in life that is unfair. Genetic or not, unfair or not, it shouldn't be accepted - acceptance causes its own problems.

Certainly confidential help should be available for them, though I'm dubious as to how much such would 'help'. The recidivist rate among them is enormously high - enough that one would think the ones who have 're-offended', simply haven't been caught re-offending.
0 Replies