WHERE ARE YOUR CHILDREN

dadpad

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 02:51 am
Father's plea to missing girl

Leo Shanahan
April 19, 2007

Chat site fears for missing girls

POLICE may track the internet activity of two missing Belgrave girls in the hope of finding clues to their disappearance.

Stephanie Gestier and Jodie Gater left their homes in Belgrave, in the Dandenong Ranges, at 9.30am on Sunday to meet friends and have not been seen since.The Age, more

MySpace link to teens found dead in bush

Dan Oakes
April 23, 2007

THE search for two teenage girls missing for a week ended tragically yesterday afternoon with the discovery of their bodies in rugged bushland east of Melbourne.

And in an eerie twist, one of the girls may have posted a final goodbye to her boyfriend on the MySpace website the day before she and her friend vanished.
The Age Newspaper, more

Olivia Hill-Douglas
April 23, 2007
Page 1 of 2 |

School friends of two teenage girls who died in an apparent suicide pact are "devastated" and receiving counselling, their principal has said.

Meanwhile, the mother of one of the two girls has posted an anguished message on a website asking why her daughter would take her life.

The Age Newspaper, more

Larissa Dubecki
April 24, 2007
Page 1 of 2 |

THE deaths of two teenage girls in an apparent suicide pact has raised fears of copycat self-harming behaviour, influenced by youth subcultures and their use of online networking.
The Age Newspaper

For help or information visit beyond blue.org.au
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 761 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
It is very sad to point this out, but the statistical evidence seems to be that there are more suicides immediately after a well-publicized suicide. For example, i heard it alleged on the radio last week that there was a 10% increase in suicides after Marilyn Monroe took her own life.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 11:37 am
...more than half in love with easeful death...and clocking the progress of the romance on line.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 11:37 pm
excercise is usefull in combatting depression. I think it is perhaps something our schools are yet to realise. BAck in the day some kids hated sport/pysical education but were forced to participate in school sports events. Now they are not, they are encoraged but not forced. Parents of those children who are "just not into" sport can be very relaxed about physical activity. I wonder what the stats are for suicides in relation to amount of physical activity.

In my opinion this is a connection that needs to be investigated
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 07:03 am
Interesting that I don't see in any of those accounts HOW they did it. I think I approve, because of the copycat aspect.
0 Replies