SUVs, what are they good for?

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 06:37 am
blubomber wrote:
To ride a motorcycle i need a special class endoursement on my license. Why not do the same for SUVs? SUVs are vehicles with alot of weight, power, and breaking distance and not alot of manuverability. I think that SUVs like the ford expedition, Lincoln Navigator should require a licence endourcement to operate. The same could be said for large pickup trucks too. Although large pickup trucks server more of a purpose than large SUVs, special training should be taken for those who want to operate them.

I have a car as long as a Ford Excursion, & heavier than most SUV's. It's handling when new was best called "poor". Should I need a special licence?

If so, I don't care, since I can legally drive a 30 ton tri-axle dump truck. (I have a class B CDL.)
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 06:45 am
My wife has a Cherokee (I prefer my 1-ton 4WD pickup). Hers has almost 500,000 miles, it's a top of the line 1986 Pioneer with everything except a tach & sunroof. She averages 22-25MPG. Where we live, 4WD IS NOT OPTIONAL in the winter. They don't salt the roads (watershed), & without 4WD & snow tires, you're not going anywhere. She runs 4 studded snows on the Jeep, & it's the best snow vehicle I've ever seen.

We also live at the end of a 1/2-mile dirt road, which is almost impassable in the winter without 4WD--I had to pull my friend's Subaru GL 4x4 out of a hole once.
0 Replies