Obama Not ready for Prime Time

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 03:10 am
Obama Not Ready for Prime Time?

Richard BaehrWed Apr 18, 11:30 PM ET

Barack Obama (news, bio, voting record) apparently believes that the mass murder of 32 students and professors at Virginia Tech is on a par with the violence represented by outsourcing of American jobs. I kid you not. He actually made this comparison in his latest attempt at instant profundity on the meaning of it all. I don't think even Lou Dobbs would sink this low on the "tragedy" of outsourcing.

To begin, Senator Obama seems utterly unaware that while some American jobs might be lost to outsourcing, many more are being created. The unemployment rate is 4.4% at the moment. For college grads, the jobless rate is 1.8%. Jobs are lost and jobs are gained. A record number of Americans are working. But 32 dead people in Blacksburg will not find a new life. Even under a President Obama.

The Senator also thinks that there is a kind of violence for the children in "ignored communities" whose voices are not heard (define for me ignored communities, Senator), and there is verbal violence in Don Imus's "nappy-headed hos" comment. I suspect that the families of the 32 dead would have welcomed such verbal violence instead of the real violence that their loved ones were hit with. Insults or murder -- is that a choice of evils the Senator thinks are really comparable?

Senator Obama is demonstrating that he may not be ready for prime time. If you have nothing helpful or intelligent to say, sometimes it is better not to say anything. These were truly ridiculous and foolish comparisons. If Senator Obama wants to make a campaign pitch on why we must address the needs of the poor or the jobless on a day when most other candidates suspended their campaign events out of common decency, that is his choice. He may not be able to help himself on this count, having been in full campaign mode, stoked by mega-ambition for many years. He may also feel the need to compete with John Edwards' fake populism from the left (the candidate of $400 haircuts, and 28,000 square foot houses, though carbon neutral for sure).

The Senator owes the families of the dead and wounded an apology. Give them a break. They do not need any cheap comparisons of their current plight with the "violence or verbal violence" afflicting the laid off, or the Rutgers women's basketball team.

Yahoo News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 511 • Replies: 12
No top replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:04 am
Miller, you obviously are having trouble finding the site you want to post to. Here, if you use this link, you will go to the site where your views and sentiments are most heartily shared. Don't mention it - glad to help someone like you...

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 06:30 am
I have not seen Obama's remarks in context.

Baehr seems to have appointed himself Master of Ceremonies for a grieving country which is fine by me.

What is not "fine" is that he seems to feel that no one else should be allowed to take the tragedy at Virginia Tech in any context but his context.
That is just plain silly.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 06:36 am
You accidentally forgot the question Mark, Miller.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 06:42 am
snood wrote:
Miller, you obviously are having trouble finding the site you want to post to. Here, if you use this link, you will go to the site where your views and sentiments are most heartily shared. Don't mention it - glad to help someone like you...

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

By now that article by "the chief political correspondent of American Thinker" is on all right wing and extreme right wing sites and blogs.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:00 am
I see not one quote and no link. Nor did I see it on Yahoo. Mind posting a link, Miller?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:19 am
RealClearPolitics.com via Yahoo! News - Apr 18 8:30 PM
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:35 am
Thanks Walter. I'm listening to the speech now.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 08:04 am
Baehr may well be a Right Wing Cheerleader... but he's right. There were several idiotic comparisons added to what sounded like would have been a good speech had he not had to work the tragedy in. Very poorly done.
0 Replies

Luciene

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 05:44 pm
Compared to Bush's verbal diarrhea, that's nothing. Also, Obama's younger and less-experienced. Cut him some slack.

Not that I'm saying what his comment was appropriate. Very Happy
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 06:30 am
Luciene wrote:
... Obama's younger and less-experienced.

Excellent reason for NOT voting for him for President.
0 Replies

Luciene

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 03:06 pm
But eventually, he'll be a good president

Although the sad thing, is that Obama sounds too much like Osama to win.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 04:55 pm
Luciene wrote:
But eventually, he'll be a good president

Although the sad thing, is that Obama sounds too much like Osama to win.

InCredible but really really stupid.
0 Replies