Buddhists...what have they ever done for us?

RexRed

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 12:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
Now that really cracked me up . . .

Only a mind as delusional as yours would assume that anyone would be "jealous" of the right to argue with someone who can't follow a coherent train of thought.

Quite apart from that, it is the simplest thing in the world to get you going--no one ever need fear that they can't get a rise out of you.

Well it seems like a pattern every time people start to discuss these matters with me you come in and make them feel embarrassed for being friendly.

Must be insecurity on your part because I certainly don't share your insult.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:11 pm
Fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances . . . every time you post, and i make no comment (which is most of the time when you post), you fail to take notice. You're a legend in your own mind.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:02 pm
I wish to make it known--as my contribution to this potentially interesting thread--that I am removing myself from this thread because Rex has made it a total failure. I admire how some of you have put up with his totally insulated posture. I just don't have the energy any more.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:11 pm
Quote:
So, you are not denying that Buddha worshiped the devil?

Isn't that mixing the stories? The devil is a christian thing.

I can see how buddhism at a glance can give the impression of bearing similarities with satanism. It is the forsaking of gods, focus turned to the self.
Of course, that is not truly buddhism, but I can see how it might seem that way to someone acustomed to thinking in dualistic terms.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:42 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:
So, you are not denying that Buddha worshiped the devil?

Isn't that mixing the stories? The devil is a christian thing.

I can see how buddhism at a glance can give the impression of bearing similarities with satanism. It is the forsaking of gods, focus turned to the self.
Of course, that is not truly buddhism, but I can see how it might seem that way to someone acustomed to thinking in dualistic terms.

The devil has existed long before Buddhism...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 05:45 pm
I am not going to apologize for my beliefs especially when others become inflamed over them and instead of attacking them they attack me... This to me is a solid indicator that my beliefs strike a true chord.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:04 am
Rex,

That "you" is its beliefs !
Dissipate the ego and and the beliefs are seen for what they are...one variety of flotation aid.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:46 am
Quote:
The devil has existed long before Buddhism...

no
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:05 am
Eorl wrote:
aperson, I agree in every way, yet it doesn't answer the question. Will kindness get us to Mars?
No. But it could make the earth a better place.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:59 am
Kindness can get us to Mars. It could even pick us up and lift us there for all we know. It's not very likely perhaps, but stil...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 09:44 am
fresco wrote:
Rex,

That "you" is its beliefs !
Dissipate the ego and and the beliefs are seen for what they are...one variety of flotation aid.

They are seen that "way" by you because you have been desensitized to the truth?

I will be posting a long explanation soon worked on it several hours last night but got company and couldn't finish.

How many ways are there to God? If you answer "many" then you have been desensitized to the truth.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:58 am
Rex,

Long "explanations" are futile. If you insist on wanting to use a term like "God" then the only way I might undertand it is according to Spinoza's (and Einstein's) usage. i.e. "God" is equivalent to "Nature". Such usage is problematic to "religious authority" because it denies the childish belief in a separate paternalistic deity with benign intentions to mankind.

You talk about "desensitization to the truth" when in fact your "truth" consists of the awesome denial of the incontroversial evidence of the indifference of nature to Man's plight. This is why nobody with any sense of a holistic universe is going to take you seriously.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:03 pm
Back to the subject of Buddha and Christ.

The subject follows like a logical proof.

Jesus lays out all of the valuable information on how to view Buddha and self immersion.

Jesus did come after Buddha so for there to be a greater truth he would have had to follow a higher paradigm.

Or then the question would be what has Christianity brought to Buddhism.

The Bible talks of Joseph in Egypt teaching the way of God to astrologers and also Daniel in Babylon also spreading the way of the one true God to the magi.

So the truth of the devil and God has been known to the pagan systems and heaven and hell was not an unknown concept.

Any reasoning person who thinks of night and day has a basic concept of heaven and hell already. The sun and the moon, good and evil.

But this is where the dichotomy ends with "the worlds way".

For the world has their catch phrase that diverts them from understanding the truth.

This catch phrase is "There are many ways to God". This phrase seems right to human logic so it is accepted as gospel. Why not? Because it gives the drives seat to the human. It gives the human the license to do as they "will".

They do not consider that there are maybe NOT many ways to God but only ONE true way.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Comment:
People read "around" the word. The last thing they do in seminary is actually read the Bible.
The cruelest joke is when they receive their doctorate that they actually open the Bible one day and realize that it says the exact opposite of what they were taught in seminary. Why? Because when they were in seminary they read everything that everyone had to say about the word of God but they did not actually read the word itself. The word has it's own unique and rare "way" about it. Every other religion has "another" way they share. So if you are not specifically praying attention then you will easily overlook the way of the world in place of the way of God.

Why? Because the way of the word of God is not "by nature" our own way, it is the way of God. It is born out of the wisdom of God and the image of God not the wisdom of man/woman. This is why we do not naturally deduct this holy way out of the other counterfeit ways. Because the counterfeit ways seem right but they lead to death.
Isaiah 35:8
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not journey on it; it will be for those who walk in that Way; wicked fools will not go about on it.

Comment:
It would seem logical that following the way of the self would be the way to eventually reach God.

Yet the Bible teaches us that the way of self is not the right way.. . In fact it is abundantly clear that is it the wrong way to God.

The Bible uses the analogy of the two seas, the sea of Galilee and the Dead sea.

The Dead sea has no outlet. This is why there is very little life that can thrive in it's salty ecosystem.

This is like a person who does not have God... They follow a self ordained "will" of things. They become obsessed with experiencing life without any concept of others. The live in self serving rationalization. Because they become dead. Why do they die? Because they have no outlet for their sorrows and fears. They have no one to lay their heavy burdens upon. The burdens grow into troubles and troubles grow into tears. And the salt from this pool of sorrows are bound to collects in the recess of even the most fearless of souls until they heart becomes parched and thirsty for the waters only the spirit can supply.

Then these self made heroes whose tears are from their own sin they have tried to rationalize by building great monuments, pyramids, obelisks, walls and palaces to house their old dead bones. They all consecrate their grounds and pay homage to this death like necromancers dancing with the dead.
Pr 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Comment: They admonish the bones because they lived by the flesh and not by the spirit and the teeth because they ate on a feast of this world's "will" instead of a feast of the spirit and the will of something other than the finite self. So in the end they became a reflection of the image of the world instead of a reflection of God.
Yet the sea of Galilee had an inlet and an and outlet. So the sins do not accumulate and the soul does not become littered by old dead bones.

All in an attempt to reanimate the dead and to bring them back to life.

But the tomb of Jesus was empty and the roman guards kept watch. This is why no people ever claim to have Jesus' bones... Because God used the same body but the spirit became the life of the flesh.

For Jesus "gave up the ghost" and this was when his soul went back into the air but his spirit was what quickened his mortal flesh.

This is why they never broke a bone of his because his bones were not to be worshiped. Because he was only an image of God.

This is why the cup of Christ is drank and the bread of Christ is eaten.

The cup of Christ is what takes this sin and lifts it from us (provides life) and the bread is for physical healing. These represent the outlet of the sea of Galilee.
for to not pray or "worship" anything is to close the self off to a higher power. This then imprisons the self within it's own sin and the deeds learned from this world. So it leaves the self with no outlet of prayer and then the self dies and the body become sick and decadent. For the self CANNOT over come the flesh without the spirit. The self must identify itself with the liberty of the sprit and not the static legalistic condemning image of the self created lf by the mind and the world.
When the soul is burdened by sin it cannot fly but when it ahs a resource where it can rid itself of sin through the graces of a higher power then it has a mechanism with which to escape the image of this world for an image created in true holiness.
Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
John 1:23
He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Comment:
Then we have the story of the prodigal son (or the forgiving father)
This teaches us to love those who have gone their own way (Buddhists) and pray they return to the father and for this is pleasing to God that we all return to him and drink from the fountain of forgiveness and healing.

We are not to resent those who live for the self as Buddha did but we are to help them to come to the father and fall back within his graces.

Yet this parable is not saying we are to disregard the father altogether.

For it was Jesus who said not my will but thine be done. So what is the will of God? The word of God is the will of God. Not the word of men not the word of self made men but the word of God is the will of God.

You will not see the word of God in the Bible if you are seeking to verify your own way. You will not understand why wars were fought in God's name if you do not learn the will of God.

For Jesus prayed that God take the cup from him. But instead the drank the cup in full and instead of going off into groves, becoming an aesthetic and then a rich merchant Jesus instead died on the cross for our sins.

This is the stark contrast of the two men Jesus and Buddha.

There are not many ways but there are only two ways. One leads to life and the other leads to death. (yes the entire field of theology can be wrong!!!) Everything in the world teaches us like a magnet to follow the self, to know thyself, to go your own way, to follow your heart, to carve out your own niche... Pull your own strings... WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!

We are bombarded by slogans to commit treason against our own creator. That we will find peace in defying God. That we are just drops in a giant river of cosmic essence. And we eventually become "one with God" and there are many ways and they all lead to God. And that all religion is truth. WRONG AGAIN. There is no evil and confusion in God.

Religion is philosophy if it was truth then it would not contradict and certainly all of this contradiction is not a product of the mind of God it is a product of the philosophy of self.

The the flood did not happen before Noah but after Noah. After Noah paganism and self worship poured into the world psyche and drowned out the still small voice of the true God.

This is the truth that the Hebrew people gave their lives to protect. That we are in the image of God spiritually and not mortally that we can only find life when we do the will of God and not our own?

So how do we know the will of God? But not leaning unto our own understanding but EVERY word that comes out of the mouth of God.
Pr 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Shed the self for we do not live by flesh alone but also by spirit. We chew the words and we digest them as Jeremiah did when he found the holy of holies and he read the words of the Lord and assimilated the words into his thinking patterns they became the joy and rejoicing of his heart.

This was because he was clothed with the coat of God's will instead of the coat that the world adorns it's people on the surface.

For we never know the motivation of a person who lives selfishly and hides the light within and does not share it. As an entertainer I know how important performance and giving of one's talents is all about. I wrote the book on self expression.

For to not pray is to kill three blessings not only one.

When we do not pray, God is not blessed by helping, we are not blessed by giving and those who hunger and thirst are not to be blessed by receiving from God forgiveness and healing.

So this is not just a superficial matter it is a matter of great importance in the Christian church. To clearly state what Christ stood for and not muddle it up with self righteousness.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Romans 3:5
But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

Romans 3:21
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
We have,
Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

For the Bible says we have the righteousness "of God" not the righteousness made by our own works. Just as we pray to God and say, thank you God for this and thank you God for that and we thank God for things that have not even come to pass yet and we put all things into God's hands then we end the prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. For it is through Christ that we have access to the father for prophecy in prayer and supplication

We do not pray please, please, please, please God but we pray ALWAYS in "thanks" and believing faith. And you only pray for something ONCE then you believe it and act to bring it about. For it is God's will that his children prosper and be in health.
3John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Comment: Prayer in thanks is the will of God, miracles is the will of God, healing, faith, hope, grace, mercy, peace and charity. This is the image of God, this is the way of God. You cannot reach the father through treachery and cunning (they lead to the way of death). You must walk up to the throne of God in mercy and grace.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Comment: For I have NOT been searching for many years. My heart has been at peace. There have been bumps in the road yet I always seem to get my perspective and move closer to the goal of word over the world.

For there are people searching like a bitter struggle in the night. They have cried every last tear and their soul now sits in the parched desert of endless night. They have been blown about by the sand storms of life an they are blinded by it's sheer expanse. I have met these souls and they have looked me in the eyes and cried one final tear of joy as they came to Christ and God they smiled a smile that I am sure when I am greeted in heaven that surely an angel will greet me with a smile like this. Smile

It is the smile of someone being welcomed home from a long perilous journey. Home to the father who says thou are my son in whom I am well pleased..
Luke 15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Comment:
This is where the set of directions comes into the picture.

For we must give them a set of directions because the father has moved. The father no longer sits in the wisdom of men but men's wisdom is God's foolishness. He no long dwells in temples made with human hands. So God lives outside our ability to know without asking. The new testament is well, "new".

Ac 17:24 - Show Context
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Comment: So the image of man is not the image of God. The image of man is mortal and the image of God is eternal. God has no real time image because he is uncreated he just uses images to explain the invisible world of the sprit..

God changes because the spirit has used different catalysts.

The spirit has occupied serpents, trees, mountains, scrolls and then to ultimately become "seed" in the flesh.

For the spirit was not always seed. This is the tree of life, the tree of life sheds it's seeds. The tree of life was guarded by the flaming sword but the sword has allowed those to pass in and partake of it's eternal fruit.
So there are many ways but they all but one lead to death. Because of the prince of the power of the air. They all seem like a way of truth but when we reach out to grab the prize in the end we grab at the air. Because the illusion vanishes and is merely a mirage that whets the thirst and desire but it can never satisfy and quench the real desires of the soul.

Jeremiah 2:13
For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Comment: They can hold not water so they become parched and salty like the Dead sea. What seems like a dream of enlightenment and self realization becomes a nightmare with only two ways out, death or God.
They can continue to make their own cistern of self fulfilling prophetic doom or they can shine with the light of the creator and reap the eternal reward of the sprit.

Romans 8:5
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Comment: The senses world is a tantalization of our passions which distract us from the true way of the sprit of God.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Comment: Why are sin and death both here in this verse together?
Or the "ways" of death. Why not just one way to death?
Because sin leads to health problems which eventually lead to death. The sin consciousness eats away at people and it makes someone's immune system weakened by stress and then they become susceptible to a whole host of sickness and disease (like the Dead sea). Psychological sickness of the mind and soul. Because the soul is burdened by sin so the body becomes ill. This is the purpose of communion. The commemoration of the body and blood of Christ are to bring forgiveness of sins and healing to the church. That the body of a living lord not a dead one with their bones strewn all over the world . That this body is freely given and not the subject of a life long quest. It is a gift of God not an illusive dream or self fulfilling prophecy. This gift is given before you go on your quest in life not after life has been spent futilely amiss and misled.
For we need the whole truth to light our way down the path life. We do not selectively pick and choose but we receive, retain and release the word in a certain way.

Psalms 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Comment: We receive the word of God with meekness.

James 1:21
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Comment: We retain the word with conviction.

Romans 4:21
And being fully persuaded that, what he [God] had promised, he was able also to perform.

Comment: And we release the word with boldness.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Comment: All of the directions to the way of holiness lay before you. You need only to understand and believe. Smile

Luke 15:32
It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Comment:
Like the worship of dead men's bones, teeth and the meager possessions of this world. It is God's will that we drop the trappings of this world and reunite with the father of all creation.

Luke 12:27
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

1Peter 5:5
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble

Mark 14:36
And he said, Abba [Daddy], Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 22:42
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Comment: This is the sacrifice essence and heart of the selfless sacrifice for the will of the creator. The truth of where the glory belongs. So our prayers reach their true destination.

The word of God reveals the perfect will of God. It is the pure word of God the turns our lives into a living sea like the sea of Galilee from a lifeless Dead sea.

Romans 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Comment: I have certainly backed my beliefs up with the scriptures so argue with God now... I didn't write the book, I am just AWARE of what the book is actually trying to say. I believe the scriptures are a firm foundation for faith and practice.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:06 pm
I believe your boy Jesus was gay . . .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:11 pm
Setanta wrote:
I believe your boy Jesus was gay . . .

Chapter and verse?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:12 pm
I am able to think without shoving a bible up my ass first, RR . . . unlike some of the brain-dead types who post in these fora.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:38 pm
Setanta wrote:
I am able to think without shoving a bible up my ass first, RR . . . unlike some of the brain-dead types who post in these fora.

Set, get help.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:39 pm
As you commented earlier Setanta, trying to have discussion with Rex is pointless and a waste of time. He has fixated on one position to the exclusion of all others, and is unwilling to even imagine that his faith might have the slightest flaw, or that other religions might have equal value. Oh well, let him rave .......
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:43 pm
Asherman wrote:
As you commented earlier Setanta, trying to have discussion with Rex is pointless and a waste of time. He has fixated on one position to the exclusion of all others, and is unwilling to even imagine that his faith might have the slightest flaw, or that other religions might have equal value. Oh well, let him rave .......

I have just painstakingly laid out my position. Now you may quote a viewpoint and discuss it or hold your peace out of decorum and respect for my own right to disagree.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:06 pm
Rex,

There can be no meaningful discussion between us until you are able to open your mind to the possibility that you don't have a lock on TRUTH. No one expects you to disavow your faith in Christianity, but until you are willing to consider other views as potentially valid what is to be gained? I was raised in a Christian dominated society and culture. As a youth I was probably almost as convinced of the truths of Abrahamic monotheism as you are. The difference is that I questioned the doctrines and dogma that was contradictory, or that flew in the face of scientific knowledge. I became, sequentially, an agnostic and atheist, but those religious faiths failed to provide me with satisfying answers to essential religious questions. I began a wider search, and found in the Asian religions an alternative viewpoint.

Buddhism, for me is overall a far better approach than anything I've seen come out of the Abrahamic religions. It isn't just a zero-sum game. One doesn't exclude the other as a means of satisfying our search for understanding universal truths. To discuss those approaches might have some value. I tried to discuss these things with you, but in vain. You don't want to discuss anything; you want to preach and presumably convert the whole world to your own particular brand of religion. Sorry Charlie, that aint a going to happen.
0 Replies