Virginia Tech Debacle/ Work of a Deranged Man............Or

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 05:53 pm
kickycan wrote:
Why are you posting that song here Bill? I think the song Jeremy would be more apt, actually. Spot on, almost, in fact.
Came to mind as a dark song about a person snapping. Jeremy works too.

kickycan wrote:
There is so much news to filter through...does anyone have a timeline of the whole thing yet? I'm wondering how long it took from the beginning of the second set of shootings until the cops found him dead.
Look for RJB's posts on this or the other thread. He's been consolidating notes.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 05:59 pm
Thanks. Checked rjb's posts. Still haven't found that info. No big deal. I was just curious.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:34 pm
kickycan wrote:
Why are you posting that song here Bill? I think the song Jeremy would be more apt, actually. Spot on, almost, in fact.

There is so much news to filter through...does anyone have a timeline of the whole thing yet? I'm wondering how long it took from the beginning of the second set of shootings until the cops found him dead.

There is a timeline on CNN's page here:
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/virginiatech.shootings/

It's under the "Tragedy" column.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 06:40 pm
So, the 'suspect in custody' was the boyfriend who they thought shot the dorm kids? Or was it Cho's body?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:00 pm
littlek wrote:
So, the 'suspect in custody' was the boyfriend who they thought shot the dorm kids? Or was it Cho's body?

I understood that the "person of interest" was the boyfriend of the 1st girl shot in the dorm. He wasn't picked up untiil well after things had ended and cleared pretty quickly.

Is that who you were referring to?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:09 pm
If you go to the timeline, there's an email from 10:53 which says that "police has one shooter in custody...."
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:14 pm
Interesting. I dunno. I'm fairly sure they are talking about the "person of interest" but at this point I'm in a bit of info overload with the whole thing.

To much info is flooding in via news outlets to keep it all straight any more. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:15 pm
Who are this loser's parents?

Just saw a video of him on cnn.com. He's asking questions to the camera like "do you know what it's like to have garbage stuffed down your throat...to have your neck slit from ear to ear...to be hung from a cross..." ect.

Uh, no, and neither do you, reatard.

The worst thing, other than the innocent lives that were lost, is this may trigger another chain of copycat 17 year old "woe is me" goth kids who hate life, and also get a hold of deadly weapons.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:23 pm
fishin wrote:
Interesting. I dunno. I'm fairly sure they are talking about the "person of interest" but at this point I'm in a bit of info overload with the whole thing.

To much info is flooding in via news outlets to keep it all straight any more. Embarrassed

Me too.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:27 pm
the guy they were questioning is no longer a "person of interest", but merely a witness or informant. He's the first shot girl's boyfriend, thus was imediately taken in for questioning, but has been since absolved of any suspicion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 07:48 pm
I'll mention we also have another a2ker nearby this tragedy, not sure how nearby, but close, our poet, JJorge.

I would be keenly interested to hear his thoughts at some point.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 02:47 am
fishin wrote:
littlek wrote:

I understood that the "person of interest" was the boyfriend of the 1st girl shot in the dorm. He wasn't picked up untiil well after things had ended and cleared pretty quickly.

He was a "person of interest" because he was the deceased girl's boy friend and moreover, he reportedly had several guns in his possession.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 02:52 am
dlowan wrote:
Do we know if there was any way to identify him?

I guess the site admins would have had access to an email address...and hence a way of tracking him through his ISP?

Whoa!!!

I wonder if any of them saw it?

He shot himself in the face, and died without any ID on his body. He was ID by DNA and fingerprint analysis, also by the contents of his bookbag.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 06:49 am
I think dlowan might have been referring to my post where I said he had posted online on the anonymous 4chan forum saying "I'm going to kill people at vtech tommorrow in the name of anonymous." This quote is all over google but every page that had it has had its link broken, I think it was a forgery
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:24 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Who are this loser's parents?

Just saw a video of him on cnn.com. He's asking questions to the camera like "do you know what it's like to have garbage stuffed down your throat...to have your neck slit from ear to ear...to be hung from a cross..." ect.

Uh, no, and neither do you, reatard.

The worst thing, other than the innocent lives that were lost, is this may trigger another chain of copycat 17 year old "woe is me" goth kids who hate life, and also get a hold of deadly weapons.

What percentage of massacres are carried out by "goth kids"? Was this guy?

Am I the only one who feels any sympathy for this kid, and his family?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:41 am
Well, I don't know that sympathy is the right word for what I'm feeling. It's more like waiting for the facts to unfold before forming an opinion. There are too many unknowns about him and his family for me to have any clue as to what was going on.

I have vast quantities of sympathy for the victims and their families and I don't think there is anything that can come out that will make these actions excusable, but I do see room for the possibility of something akin to sympathy for his family (and even possibly for him) once I know more of the facts.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:43 am
littlek wrote:
I'm tired of the gun-control debate on the other thread, so I'll be staying here to read along.

ditto
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:47 am
Well, this morning in the NYTimes we read that a student can develop mental issues on campus and the parents are the last to know so, I wonder now if his parents were even aware that he was such a menace? We all know how kids may behave one way in the home and are completely different people outside of the home so there is the possibility that his parents didn't have a clue and in that case, my heart does go out to them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 08:09 am
Miller wrote:
fishin wrote:
littlek wrote:

He was a "person of interest" because he was the deceased girl's boy friend and moreover, he reportedly had several guns in his possession.

I am not talking about the phrase "Person of interest". This I get. I am talking about the phrase "A shooter in custody".
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 08:29 am
eoe wrote:
Well, this morning in the NYTimes we read that a student can develop mental issues on campus and the parents are the last to know so, I wonder now if his parents were even aware that he was such a menace? We all know how kids may behave one way in the home and are completely different people outside of the home so there is the possibility that his parents didn't have a clue and in that case, my heart does go out to them.

He was involuntarily committed to a mental institution though. I think the parents would have known and had some kind of clue. Whether they were aware that he was such a menace <shrugs>
0 Replies