TTH

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:58 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:
10 points to answer in an expertly manner
5 points for a joke
3 points for a mild insult
you lose 10 points for a TOS...

If this were the case, I don't think we'd ever get people in positive numbers....

I liked that idea. I posted in the marlboro forum a while back that for every post I make it should count as 1, and if I write something stupid it should count as -10 which gives me -9 for each post. I liked it. I think it is funny.
Which also means I may never be in the positive. Laughing Laughing

I don't get it? Do you win a prize or something if you have a high post count? Why is it so important?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:03 pm
Do you never listen? none of this is important. People are just talking for fun.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:10 pm
Osso, don't say such things. You'll tip her off! Now she'll be suspicious that we're keeping something from her, and, as you of course know, we ARE, so it's best to just keep a quiet tongue in front of the subject...we MUST keep the rules of the A2K Points-for-Posts game from falling into the wrong hands...oh, and whatever you do, don't tell her about the ten million-dollar first prize...drat! I've said too much!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:17 pm
Yep, that is it. I am writing it all down. Then I will go to ebay and sell it as
"The secrets of A2K on ebay", thanks kickycan. This post will probably give me a life sentence. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:36 pm
The "contest" is well beyond the scope of my posting abilities, but I will show up for my door prize at the secret contest meeting.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:45 pm
Last year, on March 10, at around 10:18 in the evening, I made a post regarding a particular mechanical question and now that I think back to that day I don't recall ever receiving a point for that post.

How can I rectify this matter? Where does one go to recover valuable lost points?

I know a single point may not seem like such a big deal to most of you, but to me it is very important. It is a matter of principle.

Now, if someone would be kind enough to retrieve my point I will be most appreciative.

If, however, that point doesn't show up by Wednesday noon, then there will be hell to pay. I will bring this site down! There will be carnage such as you people have never witnessed.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:49 pm
I think I will just curl up in my blanket and wait for my point to show.

http://classic.mountainzone.com/climbing/2000/forbidden/photos/disp-photos/07-09-very-old-man.jpg

Please! No questions right now. I am tired after thinking about my missing point.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:52 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 07:51 am
There are 2 components to every post (actually there are more, but only 2 we are concerned with). One is the member piece, on the left, where the avatar is. The other is the actual written post itself.

Here is a picture of the member piece.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/AE1.jpg
The part which I have circled is the total overall post count. Every time you post, it increments up one. This has always been the case and has never changed.

The post piece is pictured here. http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/AE2.jpg
The part which I have circled is the post number. Posts actually have numbers so that they can be identified by the database. They also increment up one, but in order of posting, and for everyone. Hence Setanta can have post #35, I can have post #36 and Angelique can have post #37. This has always been the case and has never changed.

The next time Angelique posts, her post count (the count of her total number of posts) will go up one.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 07:59 am
I'm sure Setanta has posted more than 35 times! Sometimes it seems you cant shut the bloke up.

If A2K has only 35 posts for setanta there must be something wrong. stealing is what it is.

Did you get the counting machines from Florida after the last election?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
dadpad wrote:
I'm sure Setanta has posted more than 35 times! Sometimes it seems you cant shut the bloke up.

If A2K has only 35 posts for setanta there must be something wrong. stealing is what it is.

Where does it say Set only has 35 posts?

(Mind you, his are soooo looooooooong, it might be so.... :wink: )
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:05 am
jespah wrote:
T
T Hence Setanta can have post #35, I can have post #36 and Angelique can have post #37. This has always been the case and has never changed.

The next time Angelique posts, her post count (the count of her total number of posts) will go up one.

so angelique gets more posts but setanta doesnt? thats not fair.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 08:52 am
dadpad wrote:
jespah wrote:
T
T Hence Setanta can have post #35, I can have post #36 and Angelique can have post #37. This has always been the case and has never changed.

so angelique gets more posts but setanta doesnt? thats not fair.

Oh for god's sake...it was an EXAMPLE.

Don't trouble me with these things.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 10:57 am
dadpad wrote:

No, they borrowed these during the last election--that's why the site was so slow . . .

Keep shootin' yer mouf off, you smart moufed wabbit, you'll get yours . . .
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 11:02 am
jespah wrote:
There are 2 components to every post (actually there are more, but only 2 we are concerned with). One is the member piece, on the left, where the avatar is. The other is the actual written post itself.

Here is a picture of the member piece.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/AE1.jpg
The part which I have circled is the total overall post count. Every time you post, it increments up one. This has always been the case and has never changed.

The post piece is pictured here. http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/jespah301/AE2.jpg
The part which I have circled is the post number. Posts actually have numbers so that they can be identified by the database. They also increment up one, but in order of posting, and for everyone. Hence Setanta can have post #35, I can have post #36 and Angelique can have post #37. This has always been the case and has never changed.

I don't see any circles.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 04:47 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I think I will just curl up in my blanket and wait for my point to show.

http://classic.mountainzone.com/climbing/2000/forbidden/photos/disp-photos/07-09-very-old-man.jpg

Please! No questions right now. I am tired after thinking about my missing point.

that is one fine lookin' blankie, my man...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 03:41 am
DrewDad wrote:
jespah wrote:

I don't see any circles.

Ellipses, then.

Topic locked. My apologies to the questioner who clearly actually wanted an answer.
0 Replies