Why Anti-government Republicans lust for government power

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 12:34 pm
It is no secret that the Republican Party, especially it's conservative business biased members, are anti-government. The only exception is huge funding for the military, which it supports to protect them and their assets. The only reason the Republican Party wants the power to dominate the government is to use it to enrich themselves. The Bush Administration best demostrates the success of their goal.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 482 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 12:39 pm
Re: Why Anti-government Republicans lust for government powe
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
It is no secret that the Republican Party, especially it's conservative business biased members, are anti-government. The only exception is huge funding for the military, which it supports to protect them and their assets. The only reason the Republican Party wants the power to dominate the government is to use it to enrich themselves. The Bush Administration best demostrates the success of their goal.

BBB

Last I checked the Rep's only had power over the Excutive branch. The Dems control the other 2 houses and are looking foward to winning the Presidentcy which would give them power over all 3 branchs.

How does this lust for power fit with your silly statement?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 12:54 pm
Baldimo wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
BBB

Last I checked the Rep's only had power over the Excutive branch. The Dems control the other 2 houses and are looking foward to winning the Presidentcy which would give them power over all 3 branchs.

Your silly question and it's silly basis indicates your unwillingness to admit Republican venal goals.

Democrats are not anti-government and try to use it for the common good. That's not to say that some immoral scoundrals might also try to use it to enrich themselves just like their Repubican bretheren.

BBB
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:09 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
BBB

Your silly question and it's silly basis indicates your unwillingness to admit Republican venal goals.

Democrats are not anti-government and try to use it for the common good. That's not to say that some immoral scoundrals might also try to use it to enrich themselves just like their Repubican bretheren.

BBB

I never said that. I just pointed out the double standard you are willing to let the Dems get away with. Both parties are willing screw over the public to hold the reigns of power. I don't think the Dems are any better then the Rep when it comes to what they want to do. The fact that the Dems have you fooled into thinking they want good for all people shows your blindness.

I vote Conservative because at their core they more respresent what I stand for. Please don't start the talking points that all I care about is big business.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:12 pm
The sad truth is that venal politicians outnumber honest, honorable politicians by a vast majority regardless of party affiliation.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:40 pm
DrewDad wrote:
The sad truth is that venal politicians outnumber honest, honorable politicians by a vast majority regardless of party affiliation.

Agreed DrewDad.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:42 pm
Quick! There's been agreement! Lock the thread! Lock the thread!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:43 pm
snood wrote:
Quick! There's been agreement! Lock the thread! Lock the thread!

You weren't supposed to notice that Sarge.

Carry on there is nothing to see here.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:59 pm
Baldimo
Baldimo, as is your usual practice, you distort my original post in your effort to attack the Democratic Party.

My point was that Republicans make a public statement that they are anti-government, especially big government. The obvious question must therefore be, why do they lust for power if they oppose government power?

The answer is that they hope to dismantle or make ineffective the departments of government to weaken their intervention to benefit the common good. It is clear that the Republican Party does not support the Common Good.

The Bush Administration is a master at this by appointing incompetent and inexperienced people to put in charge. We've seen this demonstrated every day of Bush's terms. This is an undeniable fact.

We agree that venal people of both parties try to use government to enrich themselves. But you try to use that as an excuse to give the Republicans a pass. You miss my point that Republicans are anti-government.

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 02:49 pm
To quote Dyslexia:

idiot.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 03:08 pm
Re: Baldimo
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
You miss my point that Republicans are anti-government.

If only they were!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 03:15 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Whereas i don't subscribe to Aunt Bee's statement here, you have a serious problem with your own statment. The three branches of government are the executive, the legislative (which includes both house of Congress) and the judicial. The judicial branch is, at least in theory, non-partisan. It is, however, true that the majority of sitting justices were appointed by Republican Presidents.

Dude, " . . . which would give them power over all 3 branches?" Serious stumble there, Baldimo.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 04:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Whereas i don't subscribe to Aunt Bee's statement here, you have a serious problem with your own statment. The three branches of government are the executive, the legislative (which includes both house of Congress) and the judicial. The judicial branch is, at least in theory, non-partisan. It is, however, true that the majority of sitting justices were appointed by Republican Presidents.

Dude, " . . . which would give them power over all 3 branches?" Serious stumble there, Baldimo.

Your right Set my bad. I did state that wrong. The main point was that the Dems are no different when it comes to their lust for power. They want to control the 3 Arms of govt that create and sign laws.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 04:04 pm
Sure, all the pols want that kind of power. It is likely to be a long time, however, before the Democrats can make any serious attempt to pack the Supreme Court. The two Bush boys in the White House pretty well took care of that.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 04:09 pm
Setanta wrote:
Sure, all the pols want that kind of power. It is likely to be a long time, however, before the Democrats can make any serious attempt to pack the Supreme Court. The two Bush boys in the White House pretty well took care of that.

Its all a matter of timing and we never know what is going to happen. So far from what I have seen the current court has been fair in its rulings. No right wing extremism has taken place that I have seen. Lets hope it continues. If there was going to be a time for it, it would have happened with the EPA ruling that happend a week or so ago. They didn't rule in a right wing way so good for them.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 09:38 am
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 01:25 pm
The argument is valid.

Bush, for example, on something like a daily basis, refers to "Washington politicians". It is meant as the obvious derogation. With a father who served as President after years in Washington, with a governor brother, and with himself in the Presidency after a governorship, who but himself and everone around him is he referring to?

No less Cheney. Or Rumsfeld. Or Rove. Most of these people have lived the majority of their adult lives as politicians or as employees of politicians. All have gotten very very wealthy in the process.

They have been "the government" or have sought earnestly to become "the government".

They don't hate government. They hate anyone else holding power in government.
0 Replies