Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 08:56 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 352 • Replies: 5
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:27 am
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

It always cracks me up when people who hated Clinton, people who thought he represented everything that was wrong with America, use the "Well, Clinton did it too" defense to justify things.

I thought this was especially interesting...

Quote:
RNC automatically purges some e-mails after 30 days.

Does that mean the RNC had access to all the emails unsed on the system whether they were the okay kind or the proported not okay kind? If so, what does that mean? (I'm kind of a dolt about the RNC and the DNC and what they actually do.)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:32 am
boomerang wrote:
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

It always cracks me up when people who hated Clinton, people who thought he represented everything that was wrong with America, use the "Well, Clinton did it too" defense to justify things.

I thought this was especially interesting...

Quote:
RNC automatically purges some e-mails after 30 days.

Does that mean the RNC had access to all the emails unsed on the system whether they were the okay kind or the proported not okay kind? If so, what does that mean? (I'm kind of a dolt about the RNC and the DNC and what they actually do.)

It makes sense to have two seperate systems - one for purely internal political communications and the other for any/all official communications. The problem (apparently) is that people are using the wrong system for their purposes.

If they sent offical corrsepondence on the RNC system then yes, the RNC had access to it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:48 am
If everything that goes throught the regular email system is public record I don't suppose it matters if the RNC people saw them or not.

What matters is that someone might have sent correspondence that they were trying to hide from public record and the RNC deleted them as a matter of course.

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but this sounds like it would be impossible to prove intent.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 12:19 pm
boomerang wrote:
If everything that goes throught the regular email system is public record I don't suppose it matters if the RNC people saw them or not.

What matters is that someone might have sent correspondence that they were trying to hide from public record and the RNC deleted them as a matter of course.

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but this sounds like it would be impossible to prove intent.

Read the small print. More witch hunts.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 12:23 pm
Baldimo wrote:
boomerang wrote:

Read the small print. More witch hunts.

good.
0 Replies