http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5710/mad1dq2.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,869 • Replies: 23
No top replies

JPB

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 01:39 pm
Wow, very cool! I love the yellow one. I'm not sure why I like that one more ~~ maybe because it's messier.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 02:18 pm
I've been looking in on your work, stuh. You are very taented, and should go far.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 03:17 pm
Quote:
Wow, very cool! I love the yellow one. I'm not sure why I like that one more ~~ maybe because it's messier.

Thanks!

edgarblythe wrote:
I've been looking in on your work, stuh. You are very talented, and should go far.

I have heard this from many people...but I've never had the desire to try and sell something. I am too humble for that. They are gifts to myself and friends, it makes me happy to create them, it makes others happy to receive them or to be featured...so although I could get better, I couldn't ask for it to take me farther than it already has.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 03:18 pm
stuh505 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks!

edgarblythe wrote:
I've been looking in on your work, stuh. You are very talented, and should go far.

I have heard this from many people...but I've never had the desire to try and sell something. I am too humble for that. They are gifts to myself and friends, it makes me happy to create them, it makes others happy to receive them or to be featured...so although I could get better, I couldn't ask for it to take me farther than it already has.

Your life; your decision. I enjoy it anyway.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 03:30 pm
i like the middle one especially

it walks a fine line between the seductive and the insecure

her posture and body language could go either way

very cool
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 03:55 pm
I like the yellow piece too. It has a good feel to it. Both the messy pieces are good. The last is good too, but I'd sooner put the color ones on my wall.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 03:57 pm
That first one reminds me of littlek. Very hot.

I am going to have to leave now. I have to attend to some business.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 04:00 pm
Runs to gustav and gives him a fuge hug and several big sloppy kisses!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 04:13 pm
I used to go out with that blonde.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 06:04 pm
NickFun wrote:
I used to go out with that blonde.

It looks like she has a firm grip, eh? That must be...handy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 06:11 pm
I seem to like your loose stuff best. The most finished one is my least favorite of this trio, I liked that other portrait you were working on for a while best as a sketch, etc.

Question about the middle one -- is she wearing black gloves? Where are her forearms?

(Hi Gus!!)
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:06 pm
sozobe wrote:
Question about the middle one -- is she wearing black gloves? Where are her forearms?

Her forearms are visible, they are making a V. The sleeves of her shirt come down to just above her elbows. Her hands are between her legs.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:13 pm
I like all of them, this "messy" mode works better, to me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:14 pm
Soooo, this is what you were doing last night instead of heading over to the Brewery???

Come on, Stuh. If ya wanna meet women, ya gotta get out.

(There were so many women there it was like.... Well, it was like a bunch of middle aged groupies pretending to be 21 again.)

We missed you, unless you were there and didn't introduce yourself.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:36 pm
squinney wrote:
Soooo, this is what you were doing last night instead of heading over to the Brewery???

Come on, Stuh. If ya wanna meet women, ya gotta get out.

(There were so many women there it was like.... Well, it was like a bunch of middle aged groupies pretending to be 21 again.)

We missed you, unless you were there and didn't introduce yourself.

Haha, nooo....yesterday I went to the Rennaissance fair, then worked on a team project modifying a simulator for DMA multiprocessor cache coherence...then was bumping around in some club and didn't get to sleep until 3 am. So you can't accuse me of not getting out. I was with friends and they had earlier expressed interest in going to the Brewery but then changed their minds. For what its worth I would rather have gone there because I did not enjoy the club at all. But I did pick up a pretty cool mask at the fair.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2092/masq3smct3.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:36 pm
stuh505 wrote:
sozobe wrote:

Her forearms are visible, they are making a V. The sleeves of her shirt come down to just above her elbows. Her hands are between her legs.

OK... in that case those are some short arms!! :-)
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:46 pm
sozobe wrote:
OK... in that case those are some short arms!! :-)

Whaaaa....? Ok take a look at this diagram:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/8425/whatttqj1.th.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:50 pm
They look short to me as-is. Might be something about the shoulder -- can't quite tell how high the shoulders are. There's currently a bit of a slope from head to shoulder, if I imagine them a smidge higher it works better.

Don't trust me on it though.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 08:26 pm
Okay, I'll give you a pass this time. Cool mask. I never seem to make to the Ren Faire. Maybe next weekend when it's warmer.

I like the yellow one, too.

I'm not seeing the proportion problem that you are, soz, but as you know my vision is a little off.
0 Replies