Girls like dog poop, thanks to Barbie

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 08:00 pm
Quote:
Barbie helped my kids discover the joys of dog poop
By Bob Rybarczyk
SPECIAL TO THE POST-DISPATCH
04/03/2007

Apparently, somewhere along the way, dog poop became a popular toy for little girls.

I was just as surprised to learn this as you are. Little girls aren't supposed to like poop. Little boys are the ones who like poop. What little boy doesn't like poop? When I was a kid, a pile of dog duty was a mound of untapped potential.

But little girls aren't supposed to like poop. It's gross. It's brown. It's stinky. Girls don't like any of those things. And yet, somehow, some way, someone actually figured out a way to make dog poop fun for girls. And that someone is Barbie.

No, really. Barbie has made dog poop fun.

I'm telling you, if Barbie announces that she's going to start a company that will invent interstellar travel, establish world peace and create a pill that makes people better-looking, I'm investing.

Anyway, here's what's going on with the poop. The Barbie folks recently put out a new doll called, descriptively enough, Barbie With Tanner The Dog. The actual Barbie portion of Barbie With Tanner The Dog is not all that noteworthy. (In other words, she doesn't poop.)

But Tanner, well, Tanner's a different story. Tanner The Dog, you see, comes with these little magnetic brown pellets. They're about the size of an average Tic Tac. Except they're not Tic Tacs. Not at all.

If your daughter pushes down on Tanner's tail, his doggy mouth opens, and she can insert one of these "biscuits" (Barbie's words, not mine) into it. Then all she has to do is shake ol' Tanner a little bit, lift his tail, and voila, what moments ago was a doggie biscuit is now a completely different kind of doggie biscuit.

Better yet, Barbie can use her magnetic pooper-scooper stick to pick up Tanner's little intestinal disaster. Ta daaaa, great fun is had by all.

http://www.doggienews.com/uploaded_images/pooper-scooper-barbie-doll.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,586 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 08:04 pm
I think it would be more accurate if Barbie came with her own vomit, considering she must puke after meals to keep that notorious figure of hers.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 08:07 pm
I think this must have been invented by/suggested by my ex-nutty-as-a-fruitcake-neighbor in Chicago who (no kidding) would get up every morning and patrol the alley to yell at/complement people on their handling of dog poop.

I can see her letter to Mattell:

Dear Mattell,

Could you please make a Barbie that scoops her dog's poop? Maybe then people would realize that scooping poop is glamorous and I wouldn't have to spend a huge chunk of my paycheck on cayenne pepper to sprinkle around my parking spot!

Sincerly,

Batshitcrazylady.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 08:11 pm
Tanner looks like a Golden Retriever. That would be in keeping with Barbie's spectacularly maintained bulimic figure.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 08:16 pm
Life just officially became too weird for me.

Like...the dog eats **** and all.

I know they DO, sometimes, but as a career food choice?

Reminds me of the soldier in Catch 22 who spends the book encased in plaster, with a drip from a bottle going into one arm, and a drain dripping INTO a bottle at the other end.

When both bottles are full, the nurses just come along and switch 'em.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 08:20 pm
I think Tanner eats Barbie's vomit.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 08:23 pm
Get a look at Barbies ankles. How can she walk let alone press her foot on the pooper lever? She's the happiest anorexic woman I have ever seen.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2007 10:34 pm
C'mon, we can all see where they're going with this; social and environmental correctness.

But.......geesh.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:45 am
dlowan wrote:

Like...the dog eats **** and all.

THAT is what made me sick

You feed the dog a biscuit, clean UP the buscuit, only to feed it to him again.

gag me.. Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:24 am
Somewhere along the line the consuming public allowed toy companies to decide what games children would play and snack food companies to decide what foods children would regard as treats.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 08:56 am
Ha!

Sozlet and I always talk back to the TV when that commercial comes on.

"Dis-GUS-ting!"

"Hel-LO, that dog is eating POOP!"

"Nasty!"

Etc.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 09:41 am
Wiat, this is to teach girls social correctness?

Of all the things to choose. But I guess it wouldn't be very exciting to have Picket Sign Barbie protesting the war. Or writing her Congressman.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 10:22 am
I think Tanner needs a girlfriend

then little girls would see how much fun it is to get stuck together.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 12:54 pm
we need a planned parenthood worker Barbie

who comes with tictacs as BC pills..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:05 pm
This is really no different from old-skool Betsy-Wetsy.

Maybe a little less disgusting to me. I thought Betsy-Wetsy was gross.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:12 pm
Did Betsy Wetsy drink her pee?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:16 pm
The smart girls figgered how to do that right quick.

(take out the diaper - use the funnel - put the water/pee/milk back in the bottle - most 5 or 6 year olds of my generation figured it out in less than 10 minutes)

Nasty.

(apparently she's still out there, 50 years on)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:22 pm
Isn't that a lot of effort? Was it tinted or something?

Sozlet has a baby doll that drinks water and then "pees", but once she's peed sozlet just gets more water from the tap.

On the other hand the doll used up the 3 disposable diapers she came with right quick and I haven't bothered to buy more, so she's mostly a sink/ bath doll...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:27 pm
No particular effort - the funnel was perfect (maybe it was designed for that purpose? I don't recall). The water wasn't tinted, just got dirty after a few trips through Betsy.

Blechhhh.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:29 pm
That is gross, then.
0 Replies