Who resurrected Jesus?

neologist

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 02:08 pm
But Jesus is identical to 'God, the father', right? So Jesus raised himself?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 02:33 pm
Maybe he was instilled from birth with a supernatural "yeast." By his nature, meant to rise, with no help.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:01 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Maybe he was instilled from birth with a supernatural "yeast." By his nature, meant to rise, with no help.
But, you see, Jesus compared his body to the passover bread which was without yeast, or unleavened. In fact, the term 'leaven' is often used to denote sin as in "the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees". (Matthew 16:6)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:16 pm
Topsy "just growed." Maybe Jesus "just resurrected."
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:28 pm
Perhaps Edgar just eructed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 04:32 pm
You just can't hold it in, can you?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:41 pm
Maybe Jesus separated from the mortal flesh at the instant of death. His corpse could have been removed through god-magic after being closed in, however.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:46 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
You just can't hold it in, can you?
Snicker
edgarblythe wrote:
Maybe Jesus separated from the mortal flesh at the instant of death. His corpse could have been removed through god-magic after being closed in, however.
Your explanation is no more off the wall than those of many believers.

No doubt they have applied themselves equally to their study.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:31 pm
Beats the Passover Plot, anyway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 09:25 am
Now that I have given many of the incorrect answers, it is time for neologist the omnipitent, the bicycle rider in the Indy 500, to reveal what actually transpired. (As we can all tell, judging by the overwhelming responses, this will be a post we all await, with "baited" breath).
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 10:05 am
Trying to bait me, eh, Edgar?

The question was raised to stimulate the juices of trintarians who would have to say that Jesus did the whole thing all by himself.

Nobody would bite, though.

I guess I've been exposed for my true coffee swizzlin' self.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 08:19 pm
Re: Who resurrected Jesus?
neologist wrote:
Many christians are looking forward to celebrating Jesus' resurrection in the Easter Holiday.

Who resurrected Jesus?

If you say Jesus resurrected himself, then was he really dead?

If he was not really dead than what was the point of his sacrifice?

I didn't say Jesus would resurrect Himself.

Jesus said it.

Quote:
John 2:18Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

Do you believe it when Jesus says it, Neo?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 10:04 pm
Did Jesus appear in the same body after the resurrection? So what, exactly are you saying?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:39 pm
neologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
neologist wrote:
Many christians are looking forward to celebrating Jesus' resurrection in the Easter Holiday.

Who resurrected Jesus?

According to the believers, which includes you, your god can do anything he wants. That's part and parcel of the meaning of his name, according to you, "he who causes to become." It's a roundabout way of saying that your god is omnipotent without having to say that he's omnipotent, a designation which of course you won't find in the Bible.
I believe it is the word 'omniscient', which causes the most confusion. If by 'omniscient', you imply necessity, then the designation would fail.

That being said, I wonder what part of my initial post you are responding to.

I wasn't referring to the confusion caused by the word 'omniscient.' I was referring to the word 'omnipotent' and your roundabout way of ascribing this quality to your god without wanting to actually say it, . . ."a word not found in the Bible. God describes himself by his name, Jehovah, which means 'He who causes to become'. This would imply that he can do whatever he durn well pleases. That is, he accepts no limitations or determinants."

I'm responding to the part of your post where you ask "If you say Jesus resurrected himself, then was he really dead?" Your god can do "whatever he durn well pleases." If he wanted to kill himself dead, he could. If he wanted to resurrect himself from that death, he could 'cause he could do "whatever he durn well pleases" even if it doesn't fit the limitations or determinants of your own logic.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:55 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
neologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
neologist wrote:

Who resurrected Jesus?

According to the believers, which includes you, your god can do anything he wants. That's part and parcel of the meaning of his name, according to you, "he who causes to become." It's a roundabout way of saying that your god is omnipotent without having to say that he's omnipotent, a designation which of course you won't find in the Bible.
I believe it is the word 'omniscient', which causes the most confusion. If by 'omniscient', you imply necessity, then the designation would fail.

I wasn't referring to the confusion caused by the word 'omniscient.' I was referring to the word 'omnipotent' and your roundabout way of ascribing this quality to your god without wanting to actually say it, . . ."a word not found in the Bible. God describes himself by his name, Jehovah, which means 'He who causes to become'. This would imply that he can do whatever he durn well pleases. That is, he accepts no limitations or determinants."

I'm responding to the part of your post where you ask "If you say Jesus resurrected himself, then was he really dead?" Your god can do "whatever he durn well pleases." If he wanted to kill himself dead, he could. If he wanted to resurrect himself from that death, he could 'cause he could do "whatever he durn well pleases" even if it doesn't fit the limitations or determinants of your own logic.
I suppose it would depend on your definition of the word 'death'. If it means the cessation of being and mental activity. Then you would be claiming that God could cease to exist and then return from nonexistence. An absurdity, wouldn't you say?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 05:56 am
real life wrote:
neologist wrote:

Who resurrected Jesus?

Jesus said it.

Quote:
John 2:18Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

neologist wrote:
Did Jesus appear in the same body after the resurrection?

Different question.

Let's stick with the first.

Your question was 'who resurrected Jesus?' and Jesus is quoted as saying He will raise Himself.

Do you believe it when Jesus says it?

neologist wrote:
So what, exactly are you saying?

I didn't write the gospel of John, and it's not me being quoted in it.

If you don't believe what is written in it, say so without putting it off on me.

The words of Jesus on this subject are clear. Do you believe Him?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 09:43 am
real life wrote:
real life wrote:

Jesus said it.

Quote:

neologist wrote:
Did Jesus appear in the same body after the resurrection?

Different question.

Let's stick with the first.

Your question was 'who resurrected Jesus?' and Jesus is quoted as saying He will raise Himself.

Do you believe it when Jesus says it?

neologist wrote:
So what, exactly are you saying?

I didn't write the gospel of John, and it's not me being quoted in it.

If you don't believe what is written in it, say so without putting it off on me.

RL, I think you missed my point. The reason I asked the question was because Jesus died in the flesh and was resurrected in the spirit, right? He took on a human body in order to instruct his disciples before he ascended to heaven; but not the same body, right?

I'm not offering an answer here, simply pointing out that the symbolic language demands further explanation.

I'll do some more research before I speculate further.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 01:18 pm
real life wrote:
real life wrote:

How can you state that Jesus said anything, where you there ? I don't see any book he wrote, or a video of his last statement. So why didn't he just write a book in the first place, or as he was god why didn't he just instantly create it, and make sure its written into the side of a mountain, or on the moon so we could all look up to see it.

How can christians rely on a book created from many books, especially when you can't even be sure who wrote them, or how edited they are ?

Its in the bible so its true, how more idiotic can these debates become.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 06:57 pm
neologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
neologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
neologist wrote:

Who resurrected Jesus?

I suppose it would depend on your definition of the word 'death'. If it means the cessation of being and mental activity. Then you would be claiming that God could cease to exist and then return from nonexistence. An absurdity, wouldn't you say?

So, you're saying that your god is bound by your logic?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 07:26 pm
BDV wrote:
real life wrote:
real life wrote:

How can you state that Jesus said anything, where you there ? I don't see any book he wrote, or a video of his last statement. So why didn't he just write a book in the first place, or as he was god why didn't he just instantly create it, and make sure its written into the side of a mountain, or on the moon so we could all look up to see it.

How can christians rely on a book created from many books, especially when you can't even be sure who wrote them, or how edited they are ?

Its in the bible so its true, how more idiotic can these debates become.
I have no doubt that the bible record is true. It is a conclusion based on years of observation and testing, certainly not on what I WISH to be true.

When RL and I disagree, it is not on what the bible says, it is on RL's inaccurate understanding of it. :wink:
0 Replies