Voting Online in the 2004 Election

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 07:04 am
Well!..............

An experiment will be conducted in 2004 whereby military personnel, and citizens who are abroad, may cast their absentee ballots online. This experiment is the precursor to a time someday, when everybody will be voting on the internet.

What do you think of this idea? Personally, I am ambivalent, and extremely wary, but I am interested in what others think of the idea.

Link to Election 2004 Voting Online
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 952 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 07:50 am
Voting on line would certainly be convenient--and I think could be made fraud proof--or at least fraud resistant.

I would miss the cheerful fellowship of one of my favorite peer groups and the chit-chat on election day as we advance in orderly lines to the voting booths.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:00 am
I am vehemently agin' it!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:08 am
I'm just trying to imagine, how the sealed online-voting-box looks like.

And how the online-elective committee will work. (Since, because I'm a member of an old fashioned one since some 20 years.)
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:28 pm
Electronic voting machines around the world, and especially in the U.S., are already compromised and the basis for massive corruption on a hardly imaginable scale. The initiative to gather even more corruptible voter turnouts abroad is highly suspicious.

BBC Journalist Greg Palast speaks up on it here on Blackop Radio. The travesty of democracy has become a fact.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:39 pm
wolf, do you line your walls with lead, and duct-tape your windows?
0 Replies