US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:21 pm
US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

According to the Jerusalem Post the United States may strike Iran this Friday. I don't think I should have to tell anyone that an attack on Iran would be a complete disaster for both countries.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c=JPArticle&cid=1173879220977&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 661 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:54 pm
and the sky is falling...

I'll bet it doesn't happen.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 06:20 am
The very least they could do is paint all the little cluster-bomblets in gay easter pastels.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 06:38 am
they should drop bunnies on them.. get Les Nesmond to do the commentary.... "They're hitting the ground like bags of wet cement"....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 06:53 am
The
Quote:
United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.
The Russian Defense Ministry rejected the claims of an imminent attack as "myths." There was no immediate response from Washington.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:01 am
will Wolf Blitzer do the live narrative?
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:01 am
Here's what the articale actually says (highlights mine):

Quote:
The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

According to Russian intelligence sources, the reports said, the US has devised a plan to attack several targets in Iran, and an assault could be carried out by launching missiles from fighter jets and warships stationed in the Persian Gulf.

Russian news agency RIA Novosti quoted a security official as saying, "Russian intelligence has information that the US Armed Forces stationed in the Persian Gulf have nearly completed preparations for a missile strike against Iranian territory."

The Russian Defense Ministry rejected the claims of an imminent attack as "myths." There was no immediate response from Washington.

"Good Friday" was mentioned as such nowhere in the article, only the
date April 6.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:05 am
I'm thinking McCain should do a walk-about in Tehran during the bombing just to prove how smart our smart bombs really are.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:13 am
Oops, didn't see yours, au1929.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:46 am
http://cagle.msnbc.com/working/070402/sack.jpg
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:56 am
McGentrix

The problem is that we are out of ammunition.
0 Replies