Bloomberg for president.

au1929

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:23 pm
N.Y. Mayor Is Eyeing '08, Observers Say

By Michael D. Shear
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, March 26, 2007; Page A01

New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, a self-made billionaire, has told friends more than once that his definition of good financial planning is making sure the check to the undertaker bounces when it's finally time to go.

So how does a billionaire spend all his money before he dies? In Bloomberg's case, he just might drop a cool half-billion on a long-shot bid to become the nation's first modern president from outside the two major political parties.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/25/AR2007032501334.html

If he were to enter the nominating fray. Do you think he has a chance of capturing the nomination. Is so how would you view a Bloomberg presidency
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 422 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:38 pm
Wow! That's a surprise.

He seems to be doing a pretty good job in New York. I haven't been reading about him with much of a critical eye -- I don't live in NYC and haven't imagined that he would run for president. I bet that if I say anything too positive there will be people who say "but what about ___...?!" and I'll smack my forehead and say oh, duh, of course. But as of now, he's far less offputting than many other longshot candidates (Tancredo, Paul, etc., etc.)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:44 pm
Bloomberg ... hmmmm ... well, why not? I like him better than any of the other Republicans so far.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:47 pm
Split the vote with Guliani? OK!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:48 pm
Good point, Cycloptichorn... :-)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:51 pm
You Democrats and your lack of patriotism in a time of war ....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:52 pm
First we take Manhattan then we take Ames City Iowa. I don't see this plane getting out of decing.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:53 pm
Ames City Iowa?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:53 pm
Hey, if he runs as an independent it's a twofer, as he'd get some of the Hillary vote too.

But only if he does it before the primaries, and from the article it sounds like he'd only join the fray after that.

Hmmmm....!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:21 pm
He'd be running as an Independant (not sure that's clear, I didn't look at the article just now as I read it this a.m.). I like what I read, but as usual I don't know the full spectrum of his points of view. He interests me more than Giuliani, and g'help me, possibly more than Hillary.
0 Replies