The best watermark?

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 11:37 am
ug.
Im sorry I sound so confused and not making much sense.

I have been up until 2 am 2 nights in a row trying to get this project of 400+ pictures done.

Im exhausted.

Thanks guys. Smile
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:00 pm
shewolf, the thing is most parents don't have photoshop, don't know how to use it, have some ethical standards, and would prefer to have a high quality image for a better print. So I don't think you really need to worry about people trying to remove your watermarks, even if it is easy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 05:46 pm
that is what i hope for, Smile

thanks
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 05:51 am
For anyone interested, I did some googling on HTML sources and found a few that disable right clicking, print screen, and a few other simple theft techniques that are free.

I am using them in my website.
My main one, and the one for her daycare.

At least then, it isn't as simple , and if someone is THAT computer savvy, they can have it.. ****.. Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 06:13 am
stuh505 wrote:
shewolf, the thing is most parents don't have photoshop,

Well, it is quite expensive - for $650 I've got paintshop, Nikon Capture .... and $ 400 for a new lens :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:32 am
boomerang wrote:
I tried to steal one of my own images back from the lab and couldn't figure it out!

Laughing

that cracks me up, stealing your own stuff back...
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 09:11 am
Me no like thread moving...

Anyway,

Quote:
Well, it is quite expensive - for $650 I've got paintshop, Nikon Capture .... and $ 400 for a new lens Wink

And I got my first free copy from my friend when I was like 10 since you only have to buy 1 license and then share it, my step dad got his free copy from one of his friends, but funny cuz anyone can get it by simply googling it considering that it is the #1 most pirated piece of software

http://www.torrentspy.com/search?query=photoshop&submit.x=0&submit.y=0
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 09:33 am
I buy my programs :wink:

Actually, I'm quite content with those two - what lacks is more due to my bad photographic talent than to a missing program :wink:
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 09:28 am
I agree with keeping the image size to 72dpi/100dpi so that they are unprintable, I find that 100dpi still looks good on screen.

when You have time (I know you are busy right now) would you pm/email me details of the programme that stops the right clicking/printing images and works with sitekreator? I'd be really grateful Smile
0 Replies

ShanEmory

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 11:26 pm
I don't know if this has been said, but reducing the resolution to around 72 dpi really won't effect the look you get on the computer screen. Typical computer screens only use 72 dpi, while a printer requires 250-300 dpi. Also, i don't know the codes or anything, but some websites have those pop-up windows that instead of displaying a larger version of the picture, say "please don't steal my work" when someone clicks on an image. furthermore, usually these sites are next to impossible to steal an image from, just an idea, perhaps a web designer could assist you with that.

Shane
0 Replies