What Do You Think bush Will Do After Leaving Office?

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:09 am
I just think peoples' opinions on this subject could make for interesting conversation here.... what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,382 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:49 am
I expect he will do what Ex-Presidents usually do. He'll take a direct interest in his Presidential Library, and will do what he can quietly to insure that his points of view and administration are favorably remembered in future generations. He may write a book, though he's never shown himself to have much interest in writing discipline. I expect that he will form a friendly bond with the other members of the world's most exclusive club. He's youngish to be totally retired, so we can expect that he'll adopt some cause to champion. If he does that, I expect him to be more relaxed and open in his dealings with the Press and Media. He will be an "elder statesman" available for his successors to send on high-level missions abroad, and whose advise will be sought from time-to-time.

Frankly, I expect that The Shrub will be glad to leave the Presidency. I expect that the next President will come from the GOP, and that this President's basic policies will continue. If the succeeding President kowtows to the radical left-wing of the Democratic Party the country's security will be at risk. In that case, I suspect that conservatives in general will do whatever they can to preserve the Constitution and the nation. President Bush might be an important voice for conservatives reminding us all that wishes don't trump reality.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:52 am
I hear there is more brush that needs clearing down in Crawford. Razz
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:52 am
Go hunting with Nugent.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:54 am
fishin wrote:
I hear there is more brush that needs clearing down in Crawford. Razz

Same sort of thing I was going to say.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:04 am
Show up at Republican fund raisers some, but mostly hang around with his buddies in the oil industry.

I don't expect a high profile.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:06 am
Quote:
He may write a book, though he's never shown himself to have much interest in writing discipline.

He may sign someone else's manuscript, but he won't write his own.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:45 am
Asherman wrote:
Frankly, I expect that The Shrub will be glad to leave the Presidency.

I agree with this. I think he's really tired of the whole thing -- I think he wanted to WIN the 2000 election and wanted to WIN the 2004 election and that nothing else really actually interested him much, and he's looking forward to a nice quiet brush-clearing retirement.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:47 am
sozobe wrote:
Asherman wrote:
Frankly, I expect that The Shrub will be glad to leave the Presidency.

I agree with this. I think he's really tired of the whole thing -- I think he wanted to WIN the 2000 election and wanted to WIN the 2004 election and that nothing else really actually interested him much, and he's looking forward to a nice quiet brush-clearing retirement.

yup. he's been in over his head from jump street. accountability and reality are not his strong suit.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 01:33 pm
hopefully, he will complete his g.e.d.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 01:34 pm
do more coke
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 01:39 pm
A shitload of coke.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 01:40 pm
and then go mountain biking....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 01:41 pm
Become a nun.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 02:24 pm
He will finally get an opportunity to finish "My Pet Goat."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 02:27 pm
reading it or doing it?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 02:33 pm
Laughing After "My Pet Goat," he's ready for "Black Beauty?" Or would that be tough reading for The Shrub?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 03:38 pm
He will finish the job he started as president by going to Iraq as a soldier. Once there he will live out his days fighting and killing terrorists with his bare hands in the name of liberty, freedom and justice.
0 Replies