What Do You See When You Look At The World

Theytoldmeso

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 02:42 am
rosborne979 wrote: 'I see a sort of shattered symmetry. A natural world which creates life, but also destroys it. Dream worlds unfolding from physical bodies, crashing back against the reality which created them.

There are worlds within worlds here.'

Nice one rosborne979. I relate your words to eastern philosophical understandings of duality where coexistence perpetuates change (and visa versa - yin & yang).

My feeling is that the afterlife is one of absolute permanence and that our work, our experiences in this life serve to perpetuate this permanence within absolute change.

There ARE definitely worlds within worlds here - governed by laws we cannot begin to comprehend although some we are starting to understand like living cells, atoms/molecules and subatomic particles.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 02:48 am
i see numbers
how great the distance from 0 to 1, far greater than from 1 to infinity.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 11:41 am
a waste
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:03 pm
Theytoldmeso wrote:
rosborne979 wrote: 'I see a sort of shattered symmetry. A natural world which creates life, but also destroys it. Dream worlds unfolding from physical bodies, crashing back against the reality which created them.

There are worlds within worlds here.'

Nice one rosborne979. I relate your words to eastern philosophical understandings of duality where coexistence perpetuates change (and visa versa - yin & yang).

Apparently I'm not the first to have seen it this way Smile
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 11:59 pm
its been my thinking now that we exist on the border of nothing and infinity.
0 Replies

Gilbey

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 01:28 pm
I see people. People with problems, trying to overcome them.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 09:23 pm
I see fear, and hope.

My small community is in a state of division, at the moment.

Every disruption, every source of discord, looks to me to derive from some fear of an individual. Sometimes fear of criticism, fear of having to cede power to someone else, fear of rejection, it's a long list.

But we remain as a community, largely linked by kindness.

People are basically good. People are, untrammelled by fear, good to each other.

My own hope is that we grow in understanding and that the respect we (mostly) accord each other as individuals will extrapolate to larger communities. (Nations would be nice.)

Rereading this, Pollyanna is in the room, but it remains true.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 02:28 am
First off....Amazing thread...I'll most likely be reading all 7 pages to see all the Very awsome responses....Although the original posters thoughts Most Clearly Define my own....So i will Just Go with that dudes.......
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 04:16 pm
i like this thread

what do i see?

hmmmm
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 08:52 pm

Honest - i do
Endymion

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 09:02 pm
@Endymion,

Lois Armstrong - what a great man
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 10:15 pm
One of the things I see is my mind interpreting sensations.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 12:26 am
I look at the world and living in it... like a long passage with many doors that one may open. You can walk the passage leaving all doors unopened, untill you come to your last door, the one, that once opened you have to enter-- deaths door.
I have opened many doors and stepped inside, some, much to my distress, others have been eye openers, some I never wanted to come back into the passage. Now that I'm old I wished to god ( any one will do ) that I had opened a lot more.
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 01:28 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
It depends on what you mean when you ask about looking at the world, Bear. I am taking your question literally. When I look at what's happening in the world, if I am keeping a close eye on the news on a regular basis, then sometimes (too often) I despair about where we're going, what we're allowing to happen to the planet, the human, animal & evironmental disasters that are happening on our watch. Sometimes I have to take time out from taking it all in because it's too bloody depressing.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 07:16 pm
@tenderfoot,
i've been thinking about what you wrote in your post - thanks for sharing that

i get the posts either side of yours as well

perception is complex isn't it
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 03:41 am
I see a world to which I've been given a roadmap. I see an unevolved, naive society in which people reject their god-given abilities in favor of god-fearing organized religion.

People stifle their own intuition in favor of fear and self-preservation.

I see damaged goods.

I see a world poised on the brink of enlightened greatness, and billions of souls denied their experience by society's norms, and an entire civilization dominated by manipulative church morality.

I see contradiction.

I see people struggling to get what they want when all it takes is for them to choose what they want and manifest it into reality.

I see denial, lies, helpless rooting in societal norms, people who procreate because its the "next step," people who falsely ascribe excessive value to monogamous pairing simply because they have found common relationship energy. I see enlightened paradigms all around us, and the majority ignoring them in favor of George Bush's war on towel-heads. I see beauty in all souls, but I see the fleshes of those souls hate fleshes of other souls.

I can clearly see that I've been born many times before, and I can also see that EVERYONE has been too, but you deny it because the society that has been built up around your flesh makes you fear the truth.

I can see your house from here. Just kidding. I can't really.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:06 pm
"I" look at "the world" and I see "mind." What is mind? The world.
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 05:31 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I see a constantly changing perspective and understanding of the world.
0 Replies