meadow muffin democrats fear Colbert

hamburger

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 05:08 pm
don't watch colbert all the time , but imo he knows how to deflate pompus politicians quickly - actually , they usually do it themselves .
earlier this week he had a politico on , who was going on about christian values (you know the kind) ... so colbert just asked him : "by the way , what are the ten commandments ? " - silence and stuttering followed Laughing .
hbg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 05:26 pm
Colbert asks the questions I wish I was audacious enough to ask. Did anyone see him on the O'Reilly factor? He visited O'Reilly and O'Reilly was a guest on the report' later that evening. Colbert never broke character and O'Reilly didn't show even the slightest of smiles, but the crew behind the camera would burst out laughing during the Factor. O'Reilly doesn't have a live audience so the reaction came from Fox employees. He's funny, he does his take-off, and the careful tailoring of his wardrobe make him almost believable. Carrot top could get a laugh jumping around in his get-up, but seeing someone in a Brooks Brother suit do a funny walk and your clutching your sides. Colbert is the Ted Night of late time.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 05:30 pm
: "by the way , what are the ten commandments ? " haha. That was a funny one. Colbert is brilliant.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 05:32 pm
I watched both the Colbert on O'Reilly and the O'Reilly bits... and found both of them them remarkably unfunny (and I was looking forward to each). The only joke that got a chuckle from me was the "Mission Accomplished" banner.

My favorite bit from Colbert (besides the Press Club speech) was "Cooking with Feminists". I am sure it is on YouTube somewhere if you want to see it
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:40 am
ebrown
ebrown_p wrote:
I watched both the Colbert on O'Reilly and the O'Reilly bits... and found both of them them remarkably unfunny (and I was looking forward to each). The only joke that got a chuckle from me was the "Mission Accomplished" banner.
My favorite bit from Colbert (besides the Press Club speech) was "Cooking with Feminists". I am sure it is on YouTube somewhere if you want to see it

Stephen Colbert's "Cooking with Feminists" is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc.

BBB
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 10:58 am
"Cooking with Feminists" was a charmer alright.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 02:17 pm
Didn't Colbert have Gloria Steinham (sp) and possibly Jane Fonda as guest chefs? I don't usually think of Fonda as a feminist, but I vaguely remember bit and enjoyed it at the time.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 02:34 pm
"Cooking with Feminists" link
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 08:16 pm
I love it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 10:17 am
Blue
Blue, you're so smart to find a surviving site.

Thanks.

BBB
0 Replies