Rest peacefully, timberlandko

wandeljw

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 02:02 pm
The consensus seems to be that timber was a likable guy even when he was disagreeing with you. And, if you were lucky enough to have him agree with you, he was a powerful ally because he was so well-informed.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 02:10 pm
Snood, what a wonderful tribute!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 02:17 pm
timber and I disagreed on about all things political but man did I like him...he was a real human being, had a great sense of humor. That counts for a lot with me.

I hope this sounds as I intend it to, but if he had to pass, better to quickly flicker out doing something he liked and had passion for than struggling along with some wasting disease or something. We should all be that lucky.

Godspeed timber.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 02:35 pm
Hear, hear, Bear.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 02:58 pm
Timber probably sent me 10 PMs to help me fix a thorny computer issue that would have been boring on the computer thread. It was probably boring for him too but he was terrific and patient with my definite tech challengness. Then we would fight on the religion threads; be allied on others.

He will be missed.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 03:11 pm
timberlandko wrote:
... everywhere you look there's a snoring dog.

I am changing my tag line, the thingee at the end of each post to a version of that line. Timber could argue-but always nicely- and to me that line sums up where he was. He seemed to be a person quite content with where he was.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 03:12 pm
I'm always saddened over the loss of a loved one, even ones we only know online. I'll miss trading shots with timber, but he was always fair with me. It's a testament to his life the lovely things said about him by those who knew him only by the written word.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 03:27 pm
timberlandko wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
I just noticed today that I have the www box at the bottom of my box. I have to give credit for what is in that to Ticomaya and Timberlandko (I hoped I spelled that right). It actually belongs to them and I am borrowing it ...

Actually, that presentation "belongs" to a long-time cyber-acquaintance of mine, it's creator POW/MIA activist Steve Golding. Steve is a New Yorker personally - and deeply - impacted by the WTC attack. Steve's presentation has been part of my A2K profile from the day I got here, and has been linked either in my signature or my profile across many forums, boards, and groups since November of '01. Ticomaya adopted it from me - acknowledging same (but I'm too lazy to chase down the link) a few months back - and I'm more than happy to be able to play some small part in bringing the presentation to the attention of others. I think its important.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 04:17 pm
BPB wrote:
I hope this sounds as I intend it to, but if he had to pass, better to quickly flicker out doing something he liked and had passion for than struggling along with some wasting disease or something. We should all be that lucky.

Godspeed timber.

i'll second that emotion...
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 04:18 pm
I found out about Timber's death only today.

I considered Timber my friend I will miss his words. May God grant his family comfort and the knowledge that he increased the value of the world by living in it.

"I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethro'

.....Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are,
we are,--

One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Ulysses Tennyson

http://charon.sfsu.edu/TENNYSON/ulysses.m4a

Rest in peace.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 09:18 pm
kuvasz,

yes
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 09:30 pm
Thank you all for your lovely posts about this kind man. My words are unequal to the task. Timber will be sorely missed.

I think he'd hate all this praise, though. He'd be trying to change the subject, if he could.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 09:33 pm
As I've read all the loving tributes to Timber, my tears have kept me from responding for fear that I would not be able to describe the sadness that filled my heart at the news of his passing.

Others have remembered him so beautifully that I can only add that he will be missed as one of the few truly levelheaded, gentle voices on a2k. His intelligence and humor were always enjoyed and sometimes met with a sense of relief.

J, you must be a remarkable woman to have been Timber's love. You have my deepest sympathy.

Jes, thank you for your tribute and for the unimaginably difficult duty of reporting his death.

Thank you to all a2k'ers for your memories and tributes. They add to the beauty and joy Timber brought to all of us.

He seemed huge, didn't he? All over the place, just where he was needed with his intelligent, gentle, wry way of cooling tempers and his interesting, often beautiful descriptions of his beloved country and his pets. Oh how he will be missed.

And yes, Dys did care for him with respect and the enjoyment of being able to joke with another intelligent person who didn't need to be right all the time (somehow they both were right at the same time--through an unwritten agreement?). Their PMs were always something Dys looked forward to. We both looked forward to meeting him in person. Time was too short.

We'll see you later, Timber.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 11:10 pm
What sad news, I don't visit the political thread too often but did share some photos with timber of our dogs.
My condolences to Kevin's family.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:30 am
Shocked

Sad

Kevin was Timber and there will never be another. Thank you Jes for bringing the unwanted news. I can only hope that I'm wrong about everything and he's sharing a laugh with Cav as I type. That's enough, damn it. The rest of you cool people are hereby ordered to outlive me.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 02:16 am
My condolences to his family and the A2K moderator family.
RIP Timberlandko
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 06:26 am
The cosmic snow plow
needs a driver, sweep away
the stars and the moon
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:52 am
Jespah, that is beautiful.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:57 am
I was rereading an old thread--forgotten it even existed. In jumped Timber--and made me laugh out loud. He said,

"I once read a study of the perils of overindulgence that scared me so bad I almost gave up reading."

He'll be missed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 02:16 pm
I remember that one Roberta, split a gut laughing.
0 Replies