Rest peacefully, timberlandko

wandeljw

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:17 pm
fbaezer wrote:
He looked like a cool guy, from the pictures I've seen.

I posted ehbeth's photo of timber on a thread where I had many discussions with timber. JLN remarked:
Quote:
What a face! (even better than Dyslexia's)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:28 pm
I've tried to avoid posting as a some kind of mother fixer... re dys' quite early post. Would not post but that J might not understand.

But I will go ahead. Dys liked Timber. His post re never liking him was a gentle toast between them. Which is why I didn't post earlier in some kind of explaino.

Timber has understood, as have most who've read a2k at length.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:35 pm
dyslexia doesn't like any of his friends, because they are poopity heads. It's a good sign if he jokes about anyone like that.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:43 pm
wandeljw wrote:

I posted ehbeth's photo of timber on a thread where I had many discussions with timber. JLN remarked:
Quote:
What a face! (even better than Dyslexia's)

A compliment of the highest order.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:46 pm
He may yet kill me, but dys loves poopity heads.

Time for me to shut up.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 10:28 pm
It was immediately apparent to me that Dys was being very intimate with Timber. It was a deeply personal gesture of love that brought a lump to my throat.

And because of the irony in Dys' gesture it was an artistic performance that I wish Timber had seen. I hope (for this moment) that my Cosmology is all wrong and that Timber did see it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 11:52 pm
Yes, an intimacy.

Glad there is understanding.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 04:27 am
Some of the little impish things that Timber would do was to have running gags about someone who wouldnt "get it'. I recall when he was continually refrring to an individual as a "master d'bator" and the guy said "thank you".
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 04:31 am
Well, when he was right, he was right.

Joe(hey.... .)Nation
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 05:07 am
wow, just found this

not much to add to everything that's been said

so a song (strangely enough, irish on this day of all days)

not a song of death but of rememberance and we'll meet again

The Parting Glass
Traditional

Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company;
And all the harm I've ever done, alas was done to none but me;
And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall,
So fill me to the parting glass, goodnight and joy be with you all.

Of all the comrades e'er I had, they're sorry for my going away,
And all the sweethearts e'er I had , they wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot that I should go and you should not,
I'll gently rise and softly call, goodnight and joy be with you all.

If I had money enough to spend and leisure time to sit awhile,
There is a fair maid in this town who sorely has my heart beguiled.
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips, I own she has my heart in thrall,
So fill me to the parting glass, goodnight and joy be with you all.

i've played this song here on many such occasions

hoping i don't have to play it again anytime soon
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 05:48 am
Never even met him but he always radiated a good vibe on A2k and I feel very sad.

Goodbye Timber xxx
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 05:51 am
JLNobody wrote

Quote:
It was immediately apparent to me that Dys was being very intimate with Timber. It was a deeply personal gesture of love that brought a lump to my throat.

Yes me too.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 06:24 am
J- You don't know me, and I don't know you- but I wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss.

I never got to know him very well, but Timber was one of the first posters I remember discussing anything with-it was on Pom's No Child Left Behind thread. From time to time after that, we'd be on the same thread (always on education or teaching) and he impressed me as a level-headed and fairminded guy with a passion for education.

He was a great writer too. I remember reading something he posted on a thread about New Year's Eve or Christmas dinner spreads, and his description of the food and the friends and festivities was extraordinary.

If a2k was a ship-I'd think of Timber as one of the captains-and one I was always happy to have around. He just seemed to exude goodwill, kindness, intelligence, dignity and respect- all without suffering fools. Just the kind of guy you'd like to be captaining your ship.

I don't know what he believed, but here is my wish for him:
Quote:
Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship
Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip
Ride captain ride upon your mystery ship
On your way to a world that others might have missed

(Blues Image)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 06:54 am
This might be the post you recall, aiden. Timber, three hours before 2007.:

timberlandko wrote:
A little more than 3 hours 'till midnight here. Had a nice all-afternoon munchie layout earlier, all sortsa hors'doerves thingies and a kinda wine tasting deal going on, folks coming and going - fun. Big dinner around 6 PM for us & 2 other couples; broiled, crab-stuffed portabella mushroom caps, oyster stew, Caesar salad, leg of lamb, mashed potatos, thick, real dark-brown mushroom gravy, candied carrots, green beans almandine w/shelled corn and a bacon-vinagairette dressing, leaf spinach swimming in lemon butter, buttermilk biscuits w/whipped cinnamon-honey butter, cranberry-orange muffins, lotsa different home-made jams and preserves, and of course Cross & Blackwell mint jelly to go with the lamb. A rich, 10-year-old merlot, and a crisp white zinfandell accompanied the meal, 4 pies (cherry, pumpkin, pecan, and mince) and 2 cakes (devilsfood w/fudge frosting and apple-spice w/sour cream frosting) for desert (can't blame me for all of it - it was a "bring a dish" deal run amuck) - along with rich, creamy, scratch-built real eggnog (my own recipe, about a third of which is booze - 2 different rums, a good brandy, and a fine Kentucky bourbon and fresh eggs, fresh whole cream, and real vanilla, among other goodies). Coffee and cognac after, and TV now. Kitchen's a wreck, deal with it tommorow. Puppies are fulla tablescraps, everywhere you look there's a snoring dog.

S'posetabe a few more folks stopping by as the night wears on - there's plenty of beer, wine, booze, eggnog and coffee, whatever happens, and plenty of beds 'case anybody wantsta sleep over. Couple bottles of very nice champagne are ready for midnight.

Happy New Year, everybody.

<burppppp>

timberlandko wrote:
Somehow wound up with a houseful of people Shocked - The Puppies no longer are snoring - they're enjoying all the company (and couple of freinds' dogs showed up with their humans too). 'Bout 5 minutes to go here, snowing pretty good outside, windy - glad we're inside. Breakin' out the champagne in a couple minutes.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89218&highlight=
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 06:57 am
Yep, that's it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 06:58 am
Boy, did he know how to enjoy himself! Very Happy
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 07:02 am
I know-I remember reading that and saying to myself, "Damn, now that's a New Year's Eve spread"- put mine to shame.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 09:35 am
msolga wrote:
This might be the post you recall, aiden. Timber, three hours before 2007.:

timberlandko wrote:
... everywhere you look there's a snoring dog.

Now there's a home for ya.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 10:36 am
I loved any Timber post that gave him reason to use his favorite emoticon. If there was a Mr. Green planted at the end of a post, it was surely one to enjoy. Sometimes they were long (wish I could find the ultimate insult thread) but mostly they were quick and to the point. This one, I think, pretty much describes Timber's involvement on some of more contentious boards.

timberlandko wrote:
Hmmmm ... nobody gets along with me most times ... I cope with it Mr. Green

Sometimes I even enjoy hell out of it Twisted Evil

http://www.able2know.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=601769
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2007 11:11 am
I know... he used to be so good at p*ssing me off, then toying with me (I realize it ain't that hard a thing to do). The thing that made him different was that he seemed to find a way to dismantle my stuff, and still leave me feeling like I had my dignity - he had no need to be mean about it.
0 Replies