Rest peacefully, timberlandko

xingu

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:51 pm
So sorry to hear of his passing. I've always enjoyed his posts. Seems like you could always learn something from him. He will be missed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 08:55 pm
GOD DAMN!. I had the notion that somehow he packed up and went to the Iditarod for the finish .
Weve lost our Rennaissance Man I always searched each morning for where Timber had left someone spinning the night before. He was humble, free with the information, able to laugh at himself, smart without being cocky, and suffered fools not-to-well (I dont hold that one against him-he just saw no reasons in pretense).

Hes left a big hole in our hearts. Thanks beth for the human side. I wish I could have met him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:03 pm
<blink, blink> I am at a loss for words entirely.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:03 pm
What a terrible shock to read of Timber's passing!

My deepest sympathies go out to his family and his partner.

Thank you, Jespah, for posting this thread and informing us of Kevin's untimely death.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:06 pm
Wait, I have something to say. Thank you Kevin. Thanks for everything.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:10 pm
Rest in peace, Timber.

Joe( )Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:12 pm
Aw, crap. I am really going to miss his presence around here. I really liked Timber a lot. He was a great guy.

Thanks Jespah, for this tribute thread for Timber. I know his name's Kevin, but I know him as Timber, dammit, so that's what I'm gonna call him. I'm pretty sure he'd be cool with that, because, as I said above, he was a great guy. And thank you ehbeth for posting his picture. It was so nice to have a face to go with the name of this stranger who I've become so fond of over the past couple years.

I remember talking some serious **** in the political forums once and having him trounce me with mountains of information showing me exactly how completely full of **** I was. But he did it in a nice way.

Come to think of it, he did almost everything in a nice way. Once again, he was a great guy. I had some good times with him on this site.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:12 pm
There are a fair number of members here whose posts I always make it a point to read, whether I agree with them or not. More often than not it's because of their insight, intelligence, wit, charm, or just good old common sense. Timber was pretty much the top of that food for thought chain. I can't even imagine right now how much I'm gonna miss him.

Have fun with your pups, big fella... We'll be thinking of you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:16 pm
RIP Timber. My condolences to his widow.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:26 pm
Damn. What a shock ... and how incredibly sad. Nimh framed Kevin's online persona quite well. I admired his ability to mediate and remain friendly, in the middle of a political firestorm on the forum. Thanks for the pic, ebeth. He will certainly be missed around here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:29 pm
It seems weird to me to see threads posting on and on when this momentous event has happened to us, and at the same time that's just right, it is the nature of the site and internet.

I might even answer some of them. Timber would do that for me.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:31 pm
Why, if the Soul can fling the Dust aside,
And naked on the Air of Heaven ride,
Were't not a Shame--were't not a Shame for him
In this clay carcass crippled to abide?

Timber is free
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:31 pm
I am shocked. How sad.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:39 pm
Out of all the posters that I have read on A2K, Timber's posts were the absolute pinnacle of incisiveness and depth, I enjoyed them immensely. He was also one of the very few posters in which an authentic human timbre made its way out between the words.

I dearly regret never having had the chance to meet.
Too young, much too young, too short much too short.

Deeply saddened.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:47 pm
Sad and unexpected news ! Thanks Jespah for a fine obituary.

Timber was unique here. As was noted above, his posts on most anything were always worth reading. Knowledgable about a wide variety of subjects; wiser than most of us; direct and to the point; but never mean spirited or vindictive; always helpful to those in need of computer guidance; forceful and effective as a moderator, but never unkind or vain about it - he sustained the very best qualities of this community forum.

Unfortunately, I merely assumed that our time would continue, and that I would have the opportunity to get to know him better. We had many values in common, but disagreed on a number of important points. However, even there, I could not fail to be impressed by the depth of his knowledge and understanding, and looked for opportunities to explore these subjects more with him - mostly to test my own understanding - alas that cannot happen. I miss him already. A reminder that all we really have is our time, but none of us knows just how much there is. Things left undone....

Kevin !! It seems odd now to associate a new name and a photo (above) with the familiar personage, and respected friend. What, I wonder, did the "O" stand for?

May God welcome you Timber.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:50 pm
<sniff> Man, I can't believe it.

Mrs Timber (J.), I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. Kevin was one of a kind and will leave a huge hole in our hearts and this community. It's been a mighty rough year in the Timber household, what with the pony and puppies passing, and now the Timber man himself.

I'm in shock, truly in shock.

There is no doubt in my mind that each of us here, who have been touched in whatever small way by his knowledge, wit, compassion and grace are better for having had the pleasure. And a pleasure it was.

Rest in Peace, Timber. Rest in Peace, Big Sam.

{{{{{{{{ J. }}}}}}}}}

Thanks, Jes. I know how hard that was for you to write.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:50 pm
Aw man, this news sucks. Timber was such a robust presence on A2K, I can only imagine how much he must be missed at home.

My Best Regards and fond memories,
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:53 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Kevin !! It seems odd now to associate a new name and a photo (above) with the familiar personage, and respected friend. What, I wonder, did the "O" stand for?

I have always thought "O'Conner," but perhaps others more knowledgeable can confirm.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 09:55 pm
I often had the feeling we had similar backgrounds, but took somewhat different paths. He was a guy you could learn from.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 10:01 pm
I am so sorry to hear about timber's passing.

My sincere sympathy to his lady friend J, and his family who loved him.

You never expect to hear of this, even tho it's certain.

Boys and girls, (but especially boys) 60 is far too young. I know we'll all agree.

Take care of yourselves. See a doctor regularly and give your family who loves you as many years as you can.

It's a lesson I learned many years ago when my dad passed at 58.

Maybe they won't catch anything, but maybe they will . Give those who love you that chance.

One word describes both you and timber -- irreplaceable. Take care friends.
0 Replies