Rest peacefully, timberlandko

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 08:37 am
I hear he was perusing a SDH post at the time....
0 Replies

benoutwitted

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:04 am
I would just like to send our deepest condolences to his lady and the forum from the gang at the Marlboro thread...He will be sorely missed by us all..
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:07 am
Only just seen this...

Timber was a lovely man, I will miss him.

Condolences to his nearest and dearest.

Sarah
x
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:11 am
Cavfancier welcomes Timberlanko
It was unexpected in one so young,
our Timberlanko departing without our permission.
But he didn't need it and left on his own terms,
independent as we all knew him and his dogs.
It was up to Cavfancier, who also love dogs,
to greet Timber and immediately assign him a job.
"Get busy and fix all the bugs up here," Cav insisted,
"and I will fix you a filet, mashed potatoes, even a cold beer."
That was an offer Timber couldn't refuse,
tinkering, eating and drinking with one of his favorite friends.
I'm so glad our three friends can be together;
Cav, Timber and Sam.
So sad it won't be with us.

BBB
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:12 am
I just talked on the phone with Steve 41oo (who's without internt connection momentarily.

He, Steve 41oo, is very sorry about the loss and sends his condolences; timber will be missed a lot.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:21 am
Many have mentioned Timber's likability even if you disagreed with him. I did not like it when he contradicted me, but if he agreed with what I posted he was absolutely the best person to come to my defense.

My Favorite Timber Memory
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:28 am
It is so nice to read that Timber has touched all of our lives in such
a gentle and friendly manner, even when disagreeing with his point of view.

I loved to read his "pup" stories, as he called all his dogs, and I did so
in fact last night: I re-read some of his threads in the pet section.

It is comforting to know, that we always can read up on his posts,
should we feel like needing a timberlandko moment.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:35 am
Thank you jespah for your moving tribute. How doubly sad for us that Timber was unable to attend last year's Chicago meet-up -- I had looked forward to meeting him in person. I rarely agreed with him, but never found him to be disagreeable. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to Mrs. Timber and to the rest of his family.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:42 am
I just want to mention here that in addition to general and political discussions, the Computers Forum is teaming with posts left by Timber where he assisted hundreds of people with ridding their systems of spyware and viruses.

Many of the people that posted their problems did so and left without really knowing Timber at all but he gave of himself and helped everyone there he could - sometimes for days and nights on end.

He provided a huge community service to us all - whether we "knew" him or not and for that, hundreds (if not thousands) of A2K users and visitors will always be grateful.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:46 am
Another demonstration of how awesome life is. Timber was such a delightful person. I've never met him, but like the rest of us I feel the loss. I think also of our other dear friend, Cav, with a sense of deja vu.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 09:56 am
I referred people far and wide to Timber's "fix your computer" thread, even used it to fix my own and other's systems. It was and remains an excellent document.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 10:07 am
This was a cheerful, good-natured man, with whom i found i could discuss subjects upon which we profoundly disagreed, without rancor and with a light goodwill which prevented bitterness and endless argument.

He was good with the little dogs, too, which to me is always evidence of a decent man. I was very sorry to hear of this.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 10:13 am
Thank you Jespah for the notice. As one of the many that migrated from abuzz, I found a welcome at this site. My condolences to J. Every once in a while life gives us a whack alongside the head to remind us this body we occupy is a temorary abode. I was especially pleased to see the message from Francis. It showed how far and how many people he touched. Boston has a gloomy day today that just got gloomier. Rest in peace, my friend.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 10:38 am
I am truly saddened. He was a wonderful man. I would have liked to meet him in person. There will always be a place for him at the Bar B Cue.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 12:03 pm
Ah blast it, you made me drop my pint!

The shock and the sadness made me temporarily lose my grip, but then I take another sip of the good stuff and I think .... it was a much better thing having known a little piece than never having met (online) the likes of him.

These are the things that make it a worthwhile prospect, this time we have here on earth, the characters we meet along the way and the interactions that enrich us.

He was one of those. Cheers timber!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 12:25 pm
timber was always generous with his computer expertise, and helped anyone who sought help here on a2k. I disagreed with timber on political grounds, but otherwise found him to be one of the intelligent posters on a2k. I will miss him. T /c.i.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 02:03 pm
That is really sad.
May he sleep peacefully.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 02:40 pm
Very sad news. Thank you, Jespah, for letting us know. Timber was, indeed, a very nice guy who could clearly explain things related to computers to those of us who don't know much about computers.

He will be sorely missed. A very gentle guy.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 05:08 pm
I've just found out about kevin now. It was very hard to read through everyone's posts. My deepest condolences to his lady. And to jes and craven and soz and the rest here who would have depended on him in more ways than I'll ever know. I'm deeply sorry, guys.

Kevin and I were always very fond of each other and earlier we talked often via PM but that hadn't been true over the last year or two. We made any number of friendly promises to get a bit drunk together but geography and circumstance didn't provide the opportunity.

We agreed seldomly in our discussions here. Sometimes, we chucked stuff at each other when the blood got high. But it was never sharp stuff, just mildly smelly at worst.

It says something quite special about Kevin that I never did, nor can I imagine, any circumstance where I would not find him an ally...in the deepest sense, on my side.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2007 07:07 pm
I am very sorry to read this.

Timber was a very helpful fellow, and a stubborn, but polite and informed, debater.

He looked like a cool guy, from the pictures I've seen.

Rest in peace.
0 Replies