Rest peacefully, timberlandko

High Seas

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 06:13 am
Hello, are you the Timberbranch who served with USMC in Iraq?

If so, I have a 2-part message for you; if not, could you undertake to forward to him, please?

Thank you in advance and sincere condolences to you and your family.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 12:23 pm
Thanks, High. No, I can't admit to serving in the armed forces, and I wouldn't know where to begin in regards to locating the other guy. I have to respectfully decline said undertaking (sorry).

T
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 03:04 pm
Thank you all the same, Timberbranch; all good wishes to you.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:37 pm
I am so sorry for the loss of Timber. He truly was one of the supporting structures of A2K, and will be missed. My heart and thoughts go out to all those who were close to him and are grieving his loss.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:50 am
As I understand it, A2K will make a CD of this thread for Timber's lady. I'd like also suggest that a CD of all Timber posts be burned to insure that his thought and writings be preserved. Send a copy of Timber's writings to his lady, and make it available for A2K members at a nominal price. That way there is a greater probability that his thought/writing will survive longer.

Perhaps memorializing our departed members with a double CD could become a part of a virtual wake/funeral for regular members who die.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 01:39 pm
Good Call, Asher, and thank you, Treya.

I guess the family is getting back into their routines. Being all the way down here in Texas, I'm almost out of the loop. Both of my sibs are expecting their first babies in the next 6 weeks or so, I'm sure that excitement in helping the healing process.

There are times when I think about how my life has changed when Kevin became part of the picture -- he was so unlike my real father, stone-cold opposites with the exception of the computer stuff. My dad was a programmer, but he wore a tie and suit. I don't remember ever seeing a tie around Kev, it could have been there under his beard, tho.

The fact remains he was good to my Mom, in every aspect. He was good to us 'kids' too. Once I think I'm completely over his passing, I'll remember how he made me laugh and have to start over.

He told me this one at least three times:

"You know why it is that Man is meant to eat Beef? No other animal in the entire world will stare blankly at you as you hit him in the head with a large wooden mallet."
Cool
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:45 pm
tony branch,

glad to here it.

being an uncle is a pretty cool gig.
i recently started IM'ing with my 11-year old nephew... its a blast!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:12 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
tony branch,

glad to here it.

being an uncle is a pretty cool gig.
i recently started IM'ing with my 11-year old nephew... its a blast!

Reeg - yer the cool uncle. The younger nephew's gonna think so, too.

So much of Kevin's stuff still makes me whoop with laughter. Here I am, alone in the house, and I let out a big laugh. Prolly scared the mice. Oh yeah -- prolly -- I got that from him.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 11:26 am
timberlandko wrote:
Gelisgesti wrote:
What is the difference between disagree and violently disagree?

Weapons, smoke, and blood, mostly.

A perfect example of Timber's incisive wit.

(from the Iraqi thread)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 11:34 am
He did have a great sense of humor.

Just the other day, as I was reading some posts in the pet section,
I thought of how sorely missed Timber is, as he always knew the right
answer for pet problems and at great length explained the pets point
of view to the pet owners.

I wish he could write some posts from "up there" or wherever he's
helping out these days.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 12:11 pm
[quote="OCCOM BILL] I remember when my nephew first joined the "I can wipe my own ass" club and he called me in to show off. Being an ignorant, childless fool; I congratulated him and flushed the toilet. Shocked This sent him down the hall wailing "that ain't fair" to his mom to snitch me out for my dastardly deed. Embarrassed[/quote]

That is bloody funny, made me laugh out loud today. I even hear the flushing of the toilet as I picture it!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 09:55 pm
Whenever I see this thread, I can't believe we're never going to hear from Timberlandko again. I haven't been here that long, but I noticed him all over the place. There's a large voice missing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 10:50 pm
Mame, we've lost a few other people. It has taken some of us years to not expect to see Cavfancier post, still keeping him in our hearts past that expectation... and he's not the only one. Timber, Timber is still here. I formulate his ripostes in my mind..
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 11:22 pm
Stange, but it's both very sad and very nice to miss someone that way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 11:39 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 08:55 am
JLNobody wrote:
Stange, but it's both very sad and very nice to miss someone that way.

Yes... I get what you mean. It's bittersweet.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 09:08 am
I will always miss timber. He had much to contribute and was well-informed. On one of my threads he not only contributed great information but also encouraged others to keep their posts relevant.
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 08:33 am
Timber was into trains. When he lived with my mom in Lake Geneva, an entire half of the garage was a train set, nothing too elaborate, but it one one of his many hobbies.

My mom has sent me his wooden train whistle, and his blue and white striped conductor's hat for my four-year-old son, who plays with his train set on a daily basis (It's the Geotrax line, awesome for kids).

It was great that he did so much for my mom and all the dogs, and of course all the helpful posts here, and still have time to play.

Man, I wish I could've got his recipe for the mushroom & wine gravy. I better call Ma, if she has it I'll post it here.

T
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 10:33 am
Definitely share that recipe, tBranch. Timber definitely knew how to enjoy his food.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 4 May, 2007 02:26 am
timberbranch wrote:
...Man, I wish I could've got his recipe for the mushroom & wine gravy. I better call Ma, if she has it I'll post it here.

T

Hoping for that recipe, timberbranch!

Yum!
0 Replies