Rest peacefully, timberlandko

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 06:39 am
Hello, Amy. How lovely to hear from a member of Kevin's family!

Welcome, welcome! Very Happy

As you've no doubt noticed in this thread, Kevin (timber) was very highly thought of by folk here, too.

My deepest commiserations for your huge loss. This can't be a good time for any of you right now.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 06:57 am
Thanks for that insight, Amy.
Your remark about Kevin going first so Sam wouldn't be afraid brought a
lump to my throat.
~George
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 06:59 am
Amy--

Welcome to A2K.

Thank you for sharing your memories of Kevin. We've been hurting here, but well aware that his family's grief must be even greater.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:01 am
Hi Amy , I want to say that most of us considered Kevin a friend and we miss his boisterous, intelligent, and witty voice . I feel like Ive parted with a friend even though all our get-togethers were virtual. My deepest sympathy to all the Timberlandko family members, be they two legged or four legged.

To Tell ya the truth, its still not sunk in completely with me that his opinions and knowledge will be absent .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:42 am
George wrote:

Your remark about Kevin going first so Sam wouldn't be afraid brought a
lump to my throat.

Me too.

Amy, thanks so much for contributing to this thread. Too often, when someone from the A2K community dies, we have no contact with their real-life life. What we see here is only a small part (though in Kevin's case, maybe not - he was really very much himself here) of a person. Having family members like you come to talk with us, well, it helps me grieve and understand more about my online friend.

Does that make sense? I'm not so good with wording this kind of thing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:49 am
Yes, I, too, don't really get it - still looking for timber's responses on various threads ..

And that remark about Sam - you said it.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:58 am
Re: Kevin
amyginko wrote:
My name is Amy, Kevin was my husband's "step dad" (J's son)... we had some very good times! Kevin was a warm and generous person, IN person... laughed a lot and LOVED his dogs. He would do anything for anyone in the family without hesitation. AND he was a damn good cook. Someone mentioned Kevin's politics, and most of us "kids" disagreed with him on everything too, but it never mattered! Kevin's beloved dog Sam was having a second bought with cancer in the weeks prior to Kevin's death... exactly three days after Kevin passed, Sam was put down... it was almost like Kevin wanted to go first so Sam wouldn't be afraid. We, in Kevin's family, loved him very much, and he will be sorely missed.
Amy

Thank you very much, Amy. I had many on-line conversations with Kevin. I felt that I knew him personally. His warmth that you experienced in real life also shows in his conversations with us at A2K. I hope you have had a chance to read Kevin's writings on this website.
0 Replies

amyginko

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:34 am
tears
Your many comments have brought me to tears... J hasn't brought herself to read your posts yet- I am going to make them into a book for her. Below is a picture of Kevin and Sam, taken by my husband, just weeks before Kevin and Sam passed. Much love,
Amy
How do I put the picture in here?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:27 am
1) go to http://www.imageshack.us/
2) click browse find the picture
3) click "host it"
4) after loading, scroll down to "Direct link to image" and copy the string of characters to the left of that (it is the bottom one)
5) in your reply, click the IMG button
6) past the character string in there. now the image will appear if you preview or submit the post.
0 Replies

amyginko

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:37 am
Here goes!
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/24/dscn33121do8.jpg
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:40 am
Outstanding!
Thanks, Amy.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:43 am
Thanks, Amy!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:45 am
Amy,

thank you for posting this wonderful picture.

i took the liberty of shrinking it down -- hope you don't mind.

(i'm quite sure Kevin doesn't mind...)

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2580/kevinsamwu5.jpg
0 Replies

amyginko

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:45 am
A smaller version
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1865/dscn33121ww7.jpg
0 Replies

amyginko

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:46 am
thank you for shrinking it!
I figured it out on the second try.... Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 11:47 am
Wonderful, thank you!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 12:00 pm
Philbis you really need to learn how to reinterpolate an image properly ... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 12:22 pm
Thank you again, Amy!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 01:07 pm
Thank you so much, Amy... and welcome to A2K. Your picture is fantastic.

Twice this week already; friends have called me with computer problems, and I've had to explain that I can no longer be as useful by half without Kevin to provide the genuine knowledge. I've seldom seen people so dedicated to helping strangers. Our politics are similar too, so I run into his posts constantly. I loved it when he'd post this photo with a caption like, "keep up the good work, Democrats". Laughing
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3087/quitdigging4jcjb8.jpg
I miss him. Sad
0 Replies

timberbranch

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 01:43 pm
Hello Everyone ... I chose this name today, seemed fitting. My name is Tony, Amy G is my brother's wife, Timber was my mom's boyfriend.

I'm deeply touched by the things I'm reading here, and want you to know how good it is to hear all this. I've known Kevin for 19 years, which is more than 1/2 my life. He was a good man, and one heck of of cook.

My last conversation to him was about setting up a webcam so Ma could see her babies down here in Texas. I remember telling him, "If you're busy we can do this some other time..." I miss him already.

Tony G.
0 Replies