Michael Savage Affair?

sweetcomplication

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 04:37 pm
Yay - Husker has returned - please PM me re the trip, ok?

From my post on the first page:

"Michael Savage is such a creep; I believe his show was the equivalent to crying fire in a crowded, enclosed room. It crossed the old free-speech line from 'protected' to NOT."

I wrote that because I don't think 'inciting to riot' is in fact covered by free speech and that, IMHO, is just what this man has done...and not just once, but over and over. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2003 07:42 am
Savage was back last night. He draws such a hugh crowd, I doubted the radio stations would delete his show.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2003 04:16 pm
Well, I think that it is OK that Mr. Savage was fired. His unthoughtful radicalism compromised the conservative idea.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2003 04:48 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
He also said he hoped that the caller got AIDS.

Savage is now complaining that he was mistreated by the network. He's not the first hard-right commentator to go too far and get canned. Perhaps it will be Ann Coulter next...

She did get shown the door by a magazine she wrote for. She spent a lot of time on TV after that calling her former employers "girly men".
0 Replies