All of your burning philosophical questions answered

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 11:34 am
Now that I'm all caught up on the "Don't Miss" threads, I find I have another question, O Great Jespah.

Where does one go to purchase a life?

A friend said I need one. I assume they're expensive, or at least the ones I would consider. And how does one install this "life"? Are there compatibility issues? Warranties? Should I purchase the extended service plan?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 04:54 pm
Eva wrote:
Now that I'm all caught up on the "Don't Miss" threads, I find I have another question, O Great Jespah.

Where does one go to purchase a life?

A friend said I need one. I assume they're expensive, or at least the ones I would consider. And how does one install this "life"? Are there compatibility issues? Warranties? Should I purchase the extended service plan?

First off, thanks Roberta, I welcome the questions. I'm ready, although not necessarily for prime time.

Eva, hmm, the whole life thing is rather complex and expensive but fortunately you can pay it in installments. If you have past lives, I understand you can get a modest volume discount. As for the extended service plan, etc., the choice of frills is up to you but never, ever buy the rustproofing and undercoating, it's a ripoff.

May dolphins of passion be caught in the tuna nets of your love.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 08:15 pm
If you were inside a big soap bubble, could you breathe?

Joe(Would the world look all rainbowy?)Nation
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 09:04 pm
Dear Jespah,

WHY?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 10:08 pm
Good question, Dag.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 11:17 pm
So I'm watching tv and I see an ad for laundry detergent. I usually don't watch commercials, but I'm intrigued. How can something be whiter than white? How can something be brighter than bright? Will I need to wear dark glasses when I do the laundry?

I buy the product and use it. I find that my whites are white. My colored stuff is bright. I am content. Then the same laundry detergent produces a new ad for a new and improved product!!! What was wrong with the old product? Have I been hoodwinked? Can I sue? (I can really use the money.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 11:26 pm
I have a question about the Old Testament. Don't wanna post it in the religion forum. I don't trust a lot of the responses there, and I don't want to get into an argument. I just want an answer to something I've been wondering about for a long time.

Noah's Ark. The animals go onto the ark in twos. I'm not gonna question how they all fit on the ark. I'm not entirely sure how big a cubit is, but I have a feeling that it was a very tight squeeze. I'm also not concerned about the mess. Or all the bugs. Not my problem.

When the animals were on the ark, God fixed things so that the lions, and tigers, and bears (oh my) wouldn't eat the other animals. Good thinking.

But what about when the animals disembarked the ark? Weren't all the predators hungry? Wouldn't they have eaten everything they could catch? Wouldn't they eventually eaten everything catchable? Wouldn't they have eventually starved to death? How come there are still animals?

I asked this question of someone I trusted a very long time ago. I did not get a satisfactory answer. I'm hoping for better from you, Jes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 11:55 pm
<waiting>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 03:53 am
Oh, my sorry to keep all of the enlightenment, er, seekers waiting.

Joe Nation wrote:
If you were inside a big soap bubble, could you breathe?

Joe(Would the world look all rainbowy?)Nation

Yes and yes, but I am allergic to many types of soap (no, I don't smell, I used hypoallergenic stuff) so life inside a giant soap bubble, at least for me, would involve a lot of sneezing and gluey, watery, semi-shut eyes, so I would not be able to notice the rainbowy effect and, well, that's troublesome to me so I'm going to go and start the shots soon.

Er, where was I?

May the razor of intelligence shave away the stubble of ignorance.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 03:54 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Dear Jespah,

WHY?

Dear dag,

Helfino. Nice weather we're having, but it's gonna get cold again soon. Dunno if we still have any crocuses or if they got confused all winter. Hoping this weekend isn't too weird and that people driving drunk out of the Green Briar's parking lot on Friday do not end up on our street.

Love, jes

Oops, this isn't a PM.

May the pancakes of faith be sweetened with the syrup of reason.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 03:56 am
littlek wrote:
Good question, Dag.

True that. Do you have a question? I'm willing to take all calls, operators are standing by but no, actually they aren't, it's kinda early so they're still in the shower, but once the operators are rinsed, dried and fully clothed, they'll be happy to take your calls.

May the colors of life appear before you and be coordinated with your outfit.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:08 am
Roberta wrote:
So I'm watching tv and I see an ad for laundry detergent. I usually don't watch commercials, but I'm intrigued. How can something be whiter than white? How can something be brighter than bright? Will I need to wear dark glasses when I do the laundry?

I buy the product and use it. I find that my whites are white. My colored stuff is bright. I am content. Then the same laundry detergent produces a new ad for a new and improved product!!! What was wrong with the old product? Have I been hoodwinked? Can I sue? (I can really use the money.)

The laundry detergent really doesn't do much of a job on your washables. Rather, it affects your eyesight so that things seem more bright and white than before. Plus, they keep changing the meanings of words like brighter and whiter and the like. So white, as of this moment, does not actually refer to white like milk or polished sushi rice but rather is a light toasty beige, somewhat like Joe Nation's Taliban-poppy-seed-free bagel before it was placed in the toaster (don't tell me the bagel was not toasted, there are some things I just can't bear). Hence if a light toast color = white, then polished sushi rice can, indeed, be whiter than white.

But it's also about eyesight and it troubles me that the makers of Fab and All and the like are screwing with my internal wiring. I, too, would sue, but I can't find my glasses and hence would accidentally sue the makers of Fib and Ell, which would probably be less lucrative.

Roberta wrote:
I have a question about the Old Testament. Don't wanna post it in the religion forum. I don't trust a lot of the responses there, and I don't want to get into an argument. I just want an answer to something I've been wondering about for a long time.

Noah's Ark. The animals go onto the ark in twos. I'm not gonna question how they all fit on the ark. I'm not entirely sure how big a cubit is, but I have a feeling that it was a very tight squeeze. I'm also not concerned about the mess. Or all the bugs. Not my problem.

When the animals were on the ark, God fixed things so that the lions, and tigers, and bears (oh my) wouldn't eat the other animals. Good thinking.

But what about when the animals disembarked the ark? Weren't all the predators hungry? Wouldn't they have eaten everything they could catch? Wouldn't they eventually eaten everything catchable? Wouldn't they have eventually starved to death? How come there are still animals?

I asked this question of someone I trusted a very long time ago. I did not get a satisfactory answer. I'm hoping for better from you, Jes.

Thank you for coming here to ask this question. The answer is: fish. There were a lot of fish, seeing as they thrived during the Flood. That's how bears got good at the whole slapping a salmon outta the stream thing. Then Noah planted rice, and polished it, and we ended up with sushi. He also planted a vineyard so we got sake, too, plus by that time there were vegetables growing so there was a lot of chow mein being made. No one really knows the ingredients of chow mein so it's a safe assumption that God provided the chow mein (he provided manna to Moses later because it's very messy to get chow mein to go and Moses didn't like eating with chopsticks). This also explains why many Jewish folks enjoy Asian foods so much. It's in our heritage and divinely inspired.

May the window dresser of desire offer you comfort in your hour of need.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:19 am
Jes, I grovel at your feet. So detergents have nothing to do with clean. They have to do with seeing. Makes sense.

Fish!!! And the whole Chinese food-Jewish connection. Can't tell you have grateful I am for finally straightening that out for me. Not only do I now know what happened after the great flood but I also understand why I'm inextricably drawn to chow mein.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:24 am
It's why I'm here, hon. And now I know what I'm gonna have for lunch today. Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:35 am
I can't find good chow mein around here. Don't know what the problem is. I may have to haul ass to the Bronx to get some. Enjoy your lunch oh great sage of the cyber world.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:37 am
Thank you and you too, oh great wisdom seeker from the city of many tall buildings.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 04:56 am
As long as you brung up the issue of tall buildings, I've got another question.

A person is working on a scaffold many stories above the street. Something falls from the scaffold. The person on the scaffold shouts, "Heads up!" People look up. This is not the desired reaction. He wants people to know that someing is falling. Why does he say, "Heads up" instead of saying something like, "Hey, get the hell out of the way down there"?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 05:12 am
jespah wrote:
The answer is: fish. There were a lot of fish, seeing as they thrived during the Flood. That's how bears got good at the whole slapping a salmon outta the stream thing.

Ark-ictecture?

http://dingo.care2.com/photos/3/3821a.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 05:16 am
Hmmm.....tall buildings. A man jumps off a building in a suicide attempt. On one of the lower floors a thief attempts to shoot a man that he is trying to rob. The shot misses, goes out the window, hits the man who is jumping, and kills him.

Question: What was the name of the man who was being robbed?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 05:21 am
Alternate tall building story which will be understood by Noo Yawkers:

On 37th Street a man was distraught that his business was not doing well.
He decides to kill himself, and jumps off the top of the building where he has his business. On the way down, he passes his office, where his partner is looking out the window.

"Cut velvet", he shouts to his partner.
0 Replies