The end of the world??

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:01 pm
Before i go any further, I'd just like to put it out there - I am a believer of God aka "a higher power" so if you don't feel the same way then i respect your opinion, however pls do not belittle or demean me for doing so.

Now on to my real question - When is God coming?! I feel like this has been an age old question whenever the topic of God emerges, however it's never truly been answered. Many have already claimed that the last stages of the world are currently happening and that we will soon all come to an end, with proof being all of the natural disasters and atrocities happening around the world. I grow more and more impatient and basically just want it to "end" in way - I don't mean in a "im depressed and want to die" kind of way but in a genuinely saddened by all the recent events that have been happening type of way.

To recap, does anyone feel like were already coming to an end - and like this really is our last stages on earth as human beings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,666 • Replies: 11
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:37 pm
@1998nena,
The world has been ending ever since there has been people around to fret about the world ending. So far, that hasn't happened. I'd bet it won't happen in our lifetime. Maybe the world will end when the sun runs out of hydrogen and expands to the point where it will absorb Mercury and Venus and possibly the Earth. If it doesn't absorb Earth, Earth would become much like the way Mercury is now, precluding the existence of life as we know it. But that's not to happen until about 5 billion years or so. Stop fretting about it. In regard to God coming, don't hold your breath. It's a lot like expecting to win the lottery.
Agent1741

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm
The Bible mentions signs to mark the end of the world some may say that many of the signs have already appeared, its open to a certain amount of interpretation but much of it is spelt out in the book of Revelation.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:51 pm
@1998nena,
Quote:
Now on to my real question - When is God coming?!

"you always have the Lord by your side"

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:36 am
@1998nena,
1998nena wrote:
To recap, does anyone feel like were already coming to an end - and like this really is our last stages on earth as human beings.
No. If there is any final judgement awaiting us, we'll each meet it individually when we die. But there is not going to be a "global" end such as what was described in Revelations.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:51 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Maybe the world will end when the sun runs out of hydrogen and expands to the point where it will absorb Mercury and Venus and possibly the Earth. If it doesn't absorb Earth, Earth would become much like the way Mercury is now, precluding the existence of life as we know it. But that's not to happen until about 5 billion years or so.
Even then, our species will be able to travel to other stars.

Eventually there will no longer be any stars, as they will have consumed all the available fuel in the galaxy, but our descendants will still be able to survive using fission and fusion power. You can get a lot of fusion fuel out of a single gas giant. And after consuming one you can move on to another.

Eventually the galaxy will dwindle away, as gravitational interactions will occasionally eject stars and planets out of the galaxy. There are a lot of stars and planets in the galaxy, but it is still a finite number, and over a very long period of time the galaxy will slowly boil away until there are only a handful of dead stars and planets left orbiting a supermassive black hole. So eventually our descendants will run out of their last fuel source and there will not be another fuel source to move on to. At that point, extinction is assured.

But that will be a very long time in the future.
0 Replies

zipperpk

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 06:31 am
@InfraBlue,
Its very cleary in Quran you can read all about the identity of ending of the whole world.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 02:36 pm
@zipperpk,
zipperpk wrote:

Its very cleary

And not at all dreary. One poster claims WW3 will kick off in the Spratley Islands this Wednesday. That's right, this Wednesday.
Glennn

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 03:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
One poster claims WW3 will kick off in the Spratley Islands this Wednesday.

Yeah well that poster is full of ****! He's off by two days. It starts the following Friday . . . late afternoon . . . probably a few minutes before 6:00pm.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2018 06:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, at least there won't be any distracting football matches that night.
Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 12:55 am

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 05:02 am
@lmur,
The end of the world will happen a day earlier, when we lose to Columbia, (probably on bloody penalty shoot outs yet again.)
0 Replies