All of your burning philosophical questions answered

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:45 pm
Mame wrote:
Jes, I read your answer to my sister, Mime, and we laughed our heads off. She said to tell you that since she is NOT providing an altruistic service, she must be heartlessly living off the avails Thank you for your insight.

I'll be back.

I'm glad the two of you enjoyed it. Seeing as she is not providing an altruistic service, there might be tax implications. Be sure to speak to a CPA well-versed in plastic clothing deductions. Try the Yellow Pages as I don't have one handy here.

May the bowling ball of courage knock down the pins of terror.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:47 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Mime and Mame? What kind of sick joke is that to play on sisters?
My brothers and I were all named Joe. There was Jojo and Joey and JoeyJay and Big JoeyD, the gangster. Also LoJoe, but he was more of a sister than a brother. After I left home they had another Joe and a Baby Joe and a Little Baby Joey. When I come home they call me HeyJoe so as not to get anyone confused.
So my question is what part of the garlic do you get the garlic salt from?
Joe(waiting quietly but need to know)Nation

Well, the salty part. I mean, Pope! For an explanation of the usage of the exclamation Pope, look here.

As for your family, was Jimi Hendrix thinking of you when he sang "Hey Joe"? I like to think so.

May your doodles please the gods of procrastination, who would be here, except they're, well, you know.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:48 pm
Mame wrote:
I like the way your parents think, Joe(always has a parenthetical comment)Nation. There are other sibs in our family, too... Dame and Dime, and Lame and Lime. And no, none of us are twins.

I went to High School with a guy where all of his siblings (and he) were named John. I don't know if he had any sisters. We called him Scott. He was a pleasant dude with red hair. I have no idea if he's single. Is Mime looking for a fellow? Also, are you sure there aren't any siblings who may have been given up for adoption? I recently met a pair of folks named Tame and Time. They mumbled something about a lost plastic clothing inheritance. Know anything about that?

May the horseradish of enlightenment always be freshly-grated and served with the gefilte fish of existence.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:48 pm
Reyn wrote:
Mame wrote:
I like the way your parents think, Joe(always has a parenthetical comment)Nation. There are other sibs in our family, too... Dame and Dime, and Lame and Lime. And no, none of us are twins.

Hey, why are our legs getting longer here?

Legs? I fear this discussion is becoming odd.

May the pork rinds of hope always be available in the vending machine of your mind.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:49 pm
Eva wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
...My brothers and I were all named Joe. There was Jojo and Joey and JoeyJay and Big JoeyD, the gangster. Also LoJoe, but he was more of a sister than a brother. After I left home they had another Joe and a Baby Joe and a Little Baby Joey. When I come home they call me HeyJoe so as not to get anyone confused...

That's the silliest thing I've heard all day. And I live with an engineer and a 13 year old boy.

Agreed. Also, I have lived with engineers, and those attached to the engineering field, and they do tend to be rather tough to top in the silliness department.

May the cubicle of doom stay out of your office.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:50 pm
Roberta wrote:
Okay. Gathering wisdom is good. The question I posted isn't an emergency. I can wait.
Thanks for the haircut wishes. Hope the same for you.

Thank you and thanks for your patience (I had to draft these while offline, does it show?). May squirrels of contentment invade the bird feeder of your soul.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 09:27 pm
jespah wrote:
Roberta wrote:
Bright light of the Bay State, I have another question. I have no interest in being next to godliness. Does this mean that I don't have to clean?

Cleanliness is next to godliness but its neighbor on the other side is a guy named Sal who drives a Dodge Charger. Sal is a pleasant enough guy but he will park the Charger on your lawn (or lawn equivalent if you're lawnless) if you don't clean at least once a decade. So, clean at least once a decade, try to avoid a Collier's Mansion situation and you should be fine.

May Fernando Valenzuela mysteriously appear when you are lonely.

A Collier mansion situation is not an issue. I don't collect stuff. But I gotta clean once a decade? Why so often? If Sal wants to park his Charger on my lawn equivalent, he's welcome to. Maybe he'll give me a lift when I need to get somewhere.

I'm practicing my espanol for Fernando's next visit. Come esta, Fernando? Me llamo Roberta. Es sucio aqui. Quieres una manzana? La manzana no es sucia.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 10:32 am
been meaning to ask --

precisely how would one go about recycling a recycle bin?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:36 am
I have been pondering this question for some time, my apologies for the delay. Plus, I was gathering up the visual aids.

Recycle bins are certainly not appropriate fodder for landfills (most things aren't, I'd say) so the question is indeed a valid one. Furthermore, since they are constructed of a sturdy plastic they will not break down. They also have a recycling symbol (http://www.gruberpower.com/images/graphics/recycling-symbol-white-trans-50.gif), therefore it is reasonable to assume that their eventual fate is to be recycled, like their karma would dictate.

However, as anyone who has attempted to throw out a trash can knows, garbage collectors often are baffled when you attempt to discard an actual vehicle for discards. Hence you will need to disguise the recycle bin if you wish to recycle it. An appropriate disguise for a recycling bin should include a hat and Groucho glasses: http://www.centurynovelty.com/catImages/116-093_large.jpg
Hats can only start with the letters "f":
fez: (http://www.soundfoundation.co.uk/images/the-fez-hat-120.jpg or fedora: http://www.fedoraitalia.org/modules/news/images/topics/fedora-icon.png
or "t": toque: http://www.wavecaps.com/images/skull_mlb/Indians_skull.jpg, tam http://www.scotclans.com/img/shop-small/tam-bw-thumb.jpg or trilby http://www.emax24.de/images/thumb/company/hutshopping/article/kangol_furgora_trilby.jpg will do.
No sombreros (sorry)! Tinfoil is fine.

Additional clothing is acceptable but eventually you may just end up with a huge pile of clothes at your curb on Trash Day, so take it easy on the shiny green gym shorts from the '70s or anything else you might feel like adding.

May an owl carry your lunch for you.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:07 pm
i have been enlightened.

(i'd really want to use a sombrero, though...)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:21 pm
I love this thread, but I keep waiting for Region to post:

"So...what are we gonna do for dinner tonight?"

Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:30 pm
i think dinner's burning -- burning much like a really good philosophical question...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:07 am
Wear the sombrero at dinnah tonight, babe. :wink:
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:28 am
O, great guru. Does the info about discarding recycle bins apply everywhere? Or does your response apply to a local ordinance?

I'm asking because I have a feeling that the super and porters in my building don't know about this, and I'd hate to have to be the one to tell them. (I think they think I'm strange enough as it is.)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:39 am
Do the porters ever wear Groucho glasses and fezzes? I'll need to know this before I formulate my response, thanks.

May you dine with angels. Polite angels, who have excellent table manners and occasionally pick up the check.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 05:33 am
I don't see the super and porters all that often to know what they might be wearing when I'm not around. So far, no Groucho and fez sightings. I see the doormen. They wear doormen uniforms.

If the angels are picking up the check only occasionally, they ain't all that angelic. But thanks for the kind wishes. The table manners are a definite plus.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:32 am
Region Philbis wrote:
been meaning to ask --

precisely how would one go about recycling a recycle bin?

Use: reuse: recycle.

oh great gooroo,

I suggest recycle bins should not be recycled but reused for an alternative but environmentally friendly purpose such as a compost bin for houshold scraps or as a container for a worm farm. Alternatively they would make excellent homes for pets.

May the dish washing fairy visit your home on a regular basis.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 06:59 am
why does ass always smell like...... ass?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:17 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
why does ass always smell like...... ass?

Because it is the domain of the arsehole.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 07:23 am
Please help! My boyfriend always watches soppy sport on TV, and even takes the remote with him when he leaves the room. Do you think I should;

A) Buy my own remote
B) Go buy a new tv
C) Discuss the situation reasonably with this pig
D) Cut him into small bits, feed him to the dog and enjoy my soaps in peace

Your insight would be warmly appreciated.

Ps. Can you advise on the removal of blood stains from the rug?
0 Replies