Nouns and verbs may just be words....

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 06:55 pm
Eddie is a trip. He is 10 years old, lives with his dad and step mom and a variety of children from other relationships -- I think there are six total people living there and only the youngest son can claim both adults as his own. The others have a variety of parents -- I'm not sure who or what the story is.

His "REAL" mom and her parents send him many lavish toys which he loves to boast about and show off.

I should be ashamed of myself for saying this but Mo can trump most kids in the lavish department -- what with his and Mr. B's matching dirt bikes and all.

On a lighter note...

Mo reported that he had an opportunity to use the "Rock and Roll Method" at school today when someone pushed him:

"I stuck my hands in my pockets, gave them the look, look how straight my eyebrows are! and walked away. It blew their minds (I love that part.)"

He was so proud of himself!!!!!

I'm very proud of him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 07:14 pm
Grin...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 12:40 pm
I like happy endings.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 12:57 am
Re: Nouns and verbs may just be words....
boomerang wrote:
... but they hurt a lot worse than sticks and stones.

I'm really curious:

Where did this whole nonsense about "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" come from?

Next time I hear those words pass anyone's lips I'm going to verbally beat the **** out of them.

That's just me.

Where do you stand on this?

People would never say that if they'd ever tried to read "Fox in Socks"
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:57 pm
Nouns and verbs may just be words, but grammar is our religion. Without the subject-object/agent-action split there would be no God or sin.
0 Replies