I suppose you can kiss my ring (yawn).

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 03:45 pm
You see, I'm very special! That's right. Me. Special!

Today marks the second time in as many months that some Republican senator from another state wants to give me a leadership award and have me join him for dinner with the president!

That's right! Me!

I thought things were going my way when I won Finland's lottery and helped that poor guy out in Nigeria but now I'm going to be hobnobbing with other leaders too!

So please get in line if you want to give me money or an award because I'm Ms. Popularity!

I'm really curious about how these senators targeted me, a registered life-long Democrat, who, while not a bleeding heart liberal does have kind of a weepy spleen.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 840 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:28 pm
Maybe they figured you had the price of dinner with the pres. Or did they specifically state someone else was paying.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:36 pm
So how much does it cost for this honor?

There must be nothing on TV in Nigeria today, I've gotten 11 letters letting me know that wealthy Mr. (fill in African or British name) died and I'm going to get a cut of the money.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:38 pm
You know, I don't really know how much my specialness is going to cost me. I didn't really get that far. The caller was going to connect me with a special message recorded just for me but I had to politely excuse myself as Mo required a bit of leadership.

I think that happened during the last call too.....

To be honest, that happens just about every time the phone rings. Mo has some Pavlovian thing with ringing phones.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:43 pm
You need to get on the national don't call list.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:44 pm
I AM on that list!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:48 pm
Do you have caller ID? You can report the number and they will be fined. I've received tons of such email, but never an actual phone call. Maybe they are calling from overseas and using a stolen phone number, otherwise it would too expensive to go phishing in such a manner. Or maybe it's real and you're going to have dinner with Dubya and Laura - whatever will you wear??
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 04:53 pm
I think it must be some kind of fundraising thing.

This time it was from Senator Tom Cole - R. Oklahoma.
0 Replies