Will Computers Spring Forward this Coming Sunday?

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 08:09 am
Hmmm...........At first, the time on the computer was incorrect. I went to :Settings>control panel> date and time>time zone. "Automatically clock adjust for daylight savings time" was checked. I hit "ok" and the time was corrected. I suppse it should have done that automatically, but what the hell.

Now I just have to change A2K!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:19 am
My VCR clock set on automatic didn't change. I assume it would have on 1 April. I could have switched to manual, but then I would have lost the automatic time control. I instead moved myself from Eastern Time to Atlantic Time and marked no daylight saving so it won't change on 1 April.
I will have to move back to Eastern Time on 4 November. I guess if I move to Bermuda, I'll have to get a new VCR.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:26 am
Cubette was up when the time changed and said the phone said 11:00pm, then 3:00 am, then 11:00... Finally settled on 3:03 after a few minutes. Guess that guy at Sprint was tired.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:28 am
My computer changed automatically, but every clock in the house needs
to be changed manually.

The dog on the other hand, adjusted right away. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:30 am
Mine changed. Immediately.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:36 am
My iMac and the Apple laptop changed to DST without any help. So did the atomic clocks and the cable box.

I LOVE atomic clocks -- these get signals from somewhere in Colorado.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:39 am
so, did computers change for those that did not download the patch?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:40 am
Piffka wrote:

I LOVE atomic clocks -- these get signals from somewhere in Colorado.

I have a few of those in my house. What I love is when there is a big change, (like in the fall, when the clock has to go around for 11 hours) and the clock starts moving over a period of time.

If you want to know more about atomic clocks, check this out:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/atomic-clock.htm
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:40 am
BBB
Only three of my clocks changed to daylight savings time automatically, My atomic clock and the clock on my TV Comcast box, and my computer clock. My alarm clock didn't change. I set it ahead but will probably have to readjust it when the usual automatic time change occurs in three weeks.

BBB
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:41 am
squinney wrote:
so, did computers change for those that did not download the patch?

I THOUGHT that I had downloaded the patch. (I have automatic updates), but I still had to change it myself.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:01 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
If you want to know more about atomic clocks, check this out: http://science.howstuffworks.com/atomic-clock.htm[/color][/b]

Whoa... I had not realized these clocks were so complicated. Both of mine are digital so I don't get the "special effects" you mentioned... however my alarm clock can project the time on the ceiling if I push one of its many buttons. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:02 pm
Just changed the laptop. I don't get it. Why did the desktop change this morning automatically but the laptop, same OS, have to be changed manually?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:56 am
I dunno, eoe. Did you download the patch on one but not the other?

I did the download on my home computer and it switched just fine.

I did NOT do anything to the work computer, which no one has remote access to supposedly, and yet it changed on it's own. Both are XP Pro. The work computer wasn't even on all weekend, but when I turned it on this morning it was correct.

How did that happen? Maybe your desktop and my work computer are set to automatically synchronize as was brought up by someone earlier on this thread.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 07:58 am
I didn't download any patches.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 08:07 am
I was gonna say that maybe you're set up for auto synch, then.

But, I left clicked on my clock in the lower right corner and the tab for internet time says I'm set up for auto sycnh on the work computer... But it was last updated 3/7/07 and not set to auto synchronize again until 3/14/07.

Sad So How DID that happen?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 08:14 am
squinney wrote:
I was gonna say that maybe you're set up for auto synch, then.

But, I left clicked on my clock in the lower right corner and the tab for internet time says I'm set up for auto sycnh on the work computer... But it was last updated 3/7/07 and not set to auto synchronize again until 3/14/07.

Sad So How DID that happen?

vast right wing conspiracy...
0 Replies