Dear Boston, get a frickin' grip!

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 12:38 am
Merry Andrew wrote:

It's silly for Boston Police to expect terrorist attacks anyway.

Wait until they're aware that I want to go there for two days Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 04:36 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Merry Andrew wrote:

It's silly for Boston Police to expect terrorist attacks anyway.

Wait until they're aware that I want to go there for two days Laughing

Hmmm...well, don't wear a khaffiyeh or burnoose, Walter. On a German, that might look suspicious! Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 04:50 pm
Just a minnit, Lil' Kay . . . if you got lock de-icer in your car, it ain't gonna do you a lotta good on a cold day . . . that must be the REALLY STOOPID list.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 04:53 pm
Setanta wrote:
Just a minnit, Lil' Kay . . . if you got lock de-icer in your car, it ain't gonna do you a lotta good on a cold day . . . that must be the REALLY STOOPID list.

That crossed my mind too but I thought naaaa not even Bostonians could be that stoopid.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 04:54 pm
They might shoot your camera, Walter.. so you could consider holding it away from your body at all times.

Which reminds me, when I first visited Albuquerque and knew Dys was interested in thinking about their backyard design, I took a second but small suitcase with my drawing stuff, mostly of no particular heft - a quadrille pad, some mechanical pencils, and one of my favorite garden books, not knowing that they had that already. But I also packed my electric eraser, just in case, since it is so useful - when I design, I erase almost as much as I draw, all fairly fast. In that bag, I also put my Nikon. My luggage got held up in Denver. I can only surmise they feared the electric eraser was a terrorist device...

Also - several times after flights my camera hasn't worked when I've just landed, whether it be Rome or Albuquerque. I was totally confused with it in Rome on my last trip and had to drag out the 76 pages of instructions. The camera was new then and I'd just shot a couple of practice rolls to check out how I wanted to set it, generally, it being much more a programmable device than my last cameras.
Those Check the Camera Folks move all possible levers and leave them awry. I've finally realized that. I assume you know your camera well and would figure that out immediately.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:09 pm
Quote:

Boston Police Blow Up Suspicious Looking Man
By Brian Briggs

Boston, MA – There were more tense moments today after Boston Police were forced to blow up a suspicious looking man near a lamp post.

An alert city worker called in the man after noticing that he had been leaning against the lamp post for more than ten minutes.

Officer Charlie O'Hara of the bomb squad said, "We got a report of a man loitering in a high-traffic area with a bulky coat and a backpack. We cleared the area, snuck up behind him, attached the explosives and detonated him."

Police later learned the man, Evan Johnson, was waiting for his girlfriend, Cindy Collins, who was getting a cappuccino at a nearby Starbucks. His backpack contained books and all that was under his coat was a "Wish you were beer" t-shirt. ...

Link
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:19 pm
Haha!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:24 pm
Setanta wrote:

The Mrs. did this earlier this winter.

In fairness, it's usually only the driver's side door that freezes on that car. I don't know what the hell it is about Toyotas and water, but I've had it.

I figgered what a rotary was. Do I get a prize?

Course, there's also the big-can deicer that we used to get ice off the windshield when I was a kid. Mebbe that's what they mean...
0 Replies