Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:35 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,303 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:38 am
Perhaps you should read the later editions of the Sun as well.

They've changed their report quite a lot between your quote above and the last one re this 'topic' on February 24:

http://i17.tinypic.com/2qx9cw8.jpg
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:09 am
Somebody please walk me through this intern thing, because I'm not seeing the problem here.

Aramanda contributed $11,500 to Obama's Senate run. Aramanda's son also worked as an intern for a month in Obama's office, receiving a total of $800 for living expenses.

The next year, Aramanda is named as an unindicted co-conspirator in some investigation. Obama sends the monetary equivalent of Aramanda's cotribution-$11, 500-to charity.

Obama took money from a person who later turned out to be not so nice, so he gave that money to charity. Where is the problem here?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:11 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Where is the problem here?

When your information source is only the (Chicago) Sun-Times and the Boston Herald for more topics here, and you get only accordance on a certain other site ... ...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 11:18 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Where is the problem here?

Liberals don't see "problems", but they do like to lead with their chins just to prove their worth!

Shocked
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 11:30 am
Thanks for the stock non-answer. Very Happy

Seriously though, you are really piling it up against two guys here, as if we are supposed to be outraged at what they are doing. And so far, I don't see that much of it.

The bit about Patrick has a Cadillac for a limo is really a bit much. All the Governors have limos, and almost all of them are Cadillacs or Lincolns. It's always been that way.

Show me a Governor's conference, and I'll show you a parking lot full of Cadillac and Lincoln limos.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:19 pm
Miller is trying hard, though. Have to hand it to him. He reminds me rather a lot of those bearded money-lenders..."Sure, listen to him talk about simplicity and humility and how camels and rich people aren't getting into heaven and all that liberal crap and yet look at him...everyone else has to walk to get into town but not him, he's on a donkey. Bloody liberals. Hypocrites."
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:37 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
Somebody please walk me through this intern thing, because I'm not seeing the problem here.

The problem here is that conservatives can't seem to dig up any dirt on Obama, so they're spinning these non-incidents in the hopes that it will look like dirt.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:41 pm
That's the way the game is played. Always has been and always will be.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:10 pm
eoe wrote:
That's the way the game is played. Always has been and always will be.

How true!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:09 pm
That was in reference to joefromchicago's post above mine. Digging up a few particles and spinning them into a whirling dust storm is par for the course in politics.
0 Replies